Blog Archive

Friday, November 17, 2023

Down Christmas Lane - A Christmas Parade of Previous Freebies

The countdown is on. 

38 more days until Christmas! 

Graphic from the Graphic Fairy.

Are your nimble fingers working up a storm on Christmas projects. ?  I just adore Christmas so I am sure I will be stitching all the way up until jolly  old St. Nick shimmies down our chimney on Christmas Eve .

I thought today would be a perfect day to stroll down memory lane and look back at previous stitches and doodles that I have  shared. Plus it reminds me of what I need to pull out. 😀🤗🎅🤶 Fair warning, this is post has loads of photos.   If you see any pieces that you are interested in , just click the colored links and you will be magically transported back to the that post. 

I hope you enjoy. 💚❤

Santa Is On His Way

Tree Delivery

Old World Santa 

Gingerbread Trifle

Sweeping Snowman Trifle 

The Holiday Tree


Snow and Love Stamps

 

Christmas Blessings 



 Heart the Christmas Cow


Margie the Christmas Horse

Penelope the Christmas Pig- Barnyard Christmas 


Peace on Earth


Prim Winter Church 

Prim Winter Love , 

 

Prim Winter Home, Prim Winter Peace   Prim Winter Joy   Prim Winter Faith  

and Prim Winter Angel 

  

and Prim Winter Hope 

Prim Winter Gifts

Prim Winter Cheer

 Chicken Sled 

  Santa's Ride , 

 Special Delivery , 

Christmas Barn

Christmas Bucket,

 Christmas Tractor , 

Santa on the Farm,  

Mrs. Claus on the Farm ,

 The Stockings Were Hung 

,

   Santa's Visit  ,  

Hanging the Star .   

, Skiing on the Farm ,

  Farm Truck  ,

 Baking on the Farm ,

 and Christmas Goat .

Christmas on the Farm

A Christmas Flock- Barnyard Christmas 

Farm Truck

Christmas Stack Barnyard Christmas 

 Bringing Home the Tree  

 Christmas Stocking



Santa's Hens


Candy Cane Sprinkles

Candy Cane Cottage

Snow Cream and Snow Guys 

Chicken Mitten


Winter Tree Sampler


Winter Manor

Winter Stamp


Winter 1869 Crock


A Cup of Christmas Cheer- Santa Mug 

Santa  Stamp

Frosty Stamp

Snowflake Sledding and Chickens 

Winter Saltbox  and Prim Winter Tag 

Mooey Christmas 

Always Believe

Mr. McChill

Mr. McChill in progress. 

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas


Christmas Eve Saltbox

Ho  Ho Ho Stamp 


Country Christmas Doodles Week 1  , Country Christmas Doodles Week 2 , and  Country Christmas Doodles Week 3

Behind my dough bowl is Plum Street Sampler's freebie  called 12 Days of Christmas which was posted on Paulette's blog in 2015. Click on the colored text to visit her post. 

Let It Snow Sampler  

Santa Clause sampler




Pictured are Little House Needleworks " Country Christmas " and Istitch Designs 2020 Freebie Joyeux Noel which is in her Nov. 28, 2020 post. 


Winter Jar- Mason Jar Series



Winter Quilt  & Winter 


LET IT SNOW



WINTER



 Winter Haul 


Christmas Time Doodles 


Santa Mug Doodle



Always With Thee



Candy Canes, Holly and Evergreens




Snowman 1869 Crock and Doodle 


Snow Crock Doodle 


"A Cold Winter's Day- Dot's Saltbox" 


THE FROSTY MCCHILL QAL


Let it Snow"  and " Sled Time , The Tree March  and "Just a Sweeping!!!" , Chasing Snowflakes" , " Learning to Ski " , Mittens for Sale ,   Blown Away ,   Snowball Hunt , The March  ,   Playtime, and Winter Time





BLOCK 4 A BLUSTERY DAY

BLOCK 5 THE FAMILY PORTRAIT 

PIECED BLOCKS






Thank you for taking the time to stop by and look at my humble work. I hope to add to my collection in the near future. 

Have a wonderful and blessed day and 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
Christmas is just not a day, it's a state of mind. 
Hugs and Stitches!!!  And Snowman Kisses. 
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  . ❤

46 comments:

  1. That's a pretty awesome collection! It's hard to pick a favorite, but I really like the ones with the houses. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can tell that I love Christmas stitching. LOL. I think the houses are some of my favorites too. Thank you for the sweet Friday visit, Kate. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Oh Melisa, I do love a good parade and this one is STINKIN AWESOME. So many pretties you have stitched and shared with us. You are so talented and generous and I am so glad I found your blog years ago. You have given me so many great pretties that has blessed my home. Thank you and know how sweet you are to share you talent with us. Love you ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you from the bottom of my heart, Patti. I can not tell you how much your support and encouragement has meant to me over these last couple of years. You always brighten my day. Have a wonderful weekend and happy stitching. Hugs

      Delete
  3. WOW! Just WOW! So hard to pick a favorite! I do love the chicken sled - I think I'll make one for my daughter and family - they have quite the collection of chickens - and eggs for that matter! Thank you so much for your generosity - what a blessing you are to us! And blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I was a bit surprised how many Christmas stitches I have made, but I have enjoyed each one. Chicken Sled is one of my favorites of the Barnyard ornies. I hope you enjoy stitching it . It would be perfect for your dear daughter. Have a blesssed weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful to have all the Christmas-themed patterns gathered in one post, Melisa!
    Oh, the problem is that I like them all and now I don't know which one to choose!😱
    The little tree mini sampler has a good chance of being my next embroidery of the weekend.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a lovely weekend,my friend!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Isabel. It was a joy to look back and pull all of this stitches together in one post. I hope you enjoy the little mini tree sampler. Have a blessed weekend . Happy Stitching . Hugs.

      Delete
  5. What an amazing collection of fun designs, Melisa! Thanks so much for sharing them with all of us. I might need to start something new today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so welcome, Diann and thank you for sweet visit and kind compliment.I truly appreciate all of your kind support and for stitching my humble designs. Enjoy your weekend and happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. What a great trip down Christmas Lane! Your creativity is astounding and we are grateful for your generosity. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susie. I had a ball looking back in previous posts and gathering these together. It was a trip down memory lane for me . I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Wow! I knew you were a prolific designer, Melisa, but there are even more designs than I could have imagined. Each one is so charming--full of whimsy and delight! Thank you for sharing your talent with each of us! Have a lovely weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised that I had created so many Christmas stitches myself. But I have to confess that you have been a big influence on my Christmas stitching. I have always dreamed of a big glorious tree filled with stitchy goodness like yours. I also aspire to finish my pieces as beautifully as you do. Thank you so much , Carol for all of the kind words ,support and for being my muse. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. What an amazing post! So much eye candy. . .it was such a delight to behold! Thank you for sharing your gifts with all of us!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Terry; your kind words certainly brighten my day. I have enjoyed creating and sharing all of these humble Christmas pieces. I just love this time of the year. Have a wonderful weekend and happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. I love all your designs especially the Christmas ones! Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Janet. It warms my heart to hear that you enjoy them. Christmas and patriotic stitching is some of my favorites to create and share. Enjoy your weekend and happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness ..so many adorable stitches ... so many winter stitches to enjoy ... love, love the snowmen! Thank you for your generosity in sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you from the bottom of my heart , Sharon. I have an affection for snowmen. I hope to create some new ones very soon. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Lovely to see your stitching from Christmasses past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Jenny. I have had a ball creating and stitching all of these pieces. My collection has slowly grown. Enjoy your weekend and happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. These are so awesome and precious. You are so generous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you very much, Penny. My Christmas stitching is slowly growing. Have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Melisa, you are an incredible gift to the cross stitch community. I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are the sweetest, dear. Thank you so much for bringing a big smile to my day. I feel blessed by this wonderful community. Everyone is so kind and supportive. I truly appreciate your heart warming compliment. I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Right. Now I definitely need a list! There are so many patterns I’d like to stitch, I don’t know where to start! Thank you so much for sharing. You are so generous! Hugs, Barbara @flashinscissors 🙋‍♀️👍😁💜👋xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I completely understand, Barbara . I try to list all the projects that I want to work on . I want to stitch and quilt everything. So many projects and so little time. Hee! Hee! Than you so much, dear Barbara. I hope you have a wonderful and productive weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Love Love these!! I especially love how you finish them... which is always my hardest part!! Thank you !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear. You are the kindest. I have to admit that I struggle with finishing too. I try to make it as economical as possible and usually opt for a pillow finish or making a flat finish. I always keep my eyes peeled for finishing pieces at the Dollar Tree too. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Melisa you have so many beautiful designs . I think I need to start at the top and do each one for next Christmas, if I can get done by then. I especially love your prims. I do have a question about a design in your cover photo. On the left side of the shelf you have a small pillow "hello fall" with a squirrel in the middle. Is it one of your own as well ? I love anything with a fun little one on it. Thank you for sharing all the beautiful things you do. Have a wonderful thanksgiving full of blessings and family. Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Jackie . Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the kind compliment on my humble little designs. It has been a joy to create and share them. Oh the sweet little squirrel stitch was a gift from a friend. She stitched and finished it so beautifully. It is called "Hello Fall" and is a freebie from October House and is on their website along with some other darling freebies as well. I hope you check them out. I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your weekend. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  17. Thank you very much, Melisa, for this retrospective and its links.
    You are very creative and generous!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!
    Kisses,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very welcome, Pilarin and thank you for the sweet visit and kind words. I wish you a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. J'aime voir vos postes avec toutes vos décorations et les couleurs de noël.
    Beau samedi.
    ;@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Gigitte. I think Christmas stitching is my favorite. I appreciate the sweet visit and wish you a wonderful week. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Oh Melisa! Each one of your stitch and quilt designs are full of creativity, sweetness and love. That's why we all love them so much. I wish you a happy Thanksgiving Day with all your family, thank you for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you brought a warm smile to my day, Diana. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It has been a joy and blessing to share my humble designs. Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  20. Eek! The Christmas countdown! I am not ready! This parade is such an overwhelming show of your wonderful, loving spirit. You inspire me with every post. You are such a talented gal, Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol how has the Christmas season crept up on us so quickly! The days will go fast now won't they? Hee !Hee! Oh , Ginny; thank you so much. I am the one that feels so blessed by this wonderful community. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs.

      Delete
  21. Merci Melisa pour le partage de ces beaux modèles et de tes créations , j'adore !
    Bon week-end
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear Monique. You are always so kind and supportive. I wish you a wonderful week filled with blessings. Hugs.

      Delete
  22. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah Jenn, you are so very kind. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sweet visit and compliment. You made my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  23. Wow, it's getting closer and closer!! Hard to believe another year is almost gone! You have some fantastic stitcheries in this post, Melisa! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days will fly by now that we are almost upon Thanksgiving. This year certainly did fly by. Thank you so much, dear Brenda. I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday