Blog Archive

Friday, November 5, 2021

Turkey Tracks, Red Trucks and a Christmas Tree- A Barnyard Christmas Freebie

 It is a beautiful day in my neck of the woods. The trees look glorious in all of their fall colors.

The vibrant red in the Burning Bush looks amazing. 
    
 The air is crisp and sometimes quite downright chilly. But my impatiens are still looking fabulous. Well maybe not fabulous but still blooming and bringing me  big ole' smiles. 


 I dread when the frost nips these sweet beauties. These are the impatiens from the seed that I purchased from the Dollar Tree and boy, did they produce. I am  very happy with them. 

Well where's my manners. I started rambling before I said welcome.  Happy Friday,  sweetie pies. How are you doing?  Ready for the 1st weekend in November?  Oh, let me tell you . Today is National Doughnut Day!!! 🍩 Saturday is National Nachos Day and National Play Outside Day and Sunday -  National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day!!!!  🍫  Don't you think we need to get our snacks ready in celebration?  Also  on Sunday, Daylight Savings Time ends. 🕰 Time to turn back those clocks. 

Today I wanted to share with you my Thanksgiving quilt. 

                

It all started with some gifted scraps. 

                   

I embroidered 4 blocks with black floss . I just drew out some prim little Thanksgiving figures. 

                    

I used a simple cross hatch quilt design across the whole quilt and Wa-lah ! It's complete!

Last night, my fingers were nimble, and in just 2 hours I had a cross stitch finish too. Eeeeh ! I am doing a happy dance!  Do you want to see it? 

 Last year, I stitched 15 ornaments in my Barnyard Christmas series. Soooo I decided to add another. This little stitch is called "Bringing Home the Tree"  . There was a red truck in the series last year too. 

                   

 A cute little snowman is riding in the back of the pickup making sure the tree is secure.  I do not know if I will finish it the same way as the other ornaments or try something different. I am still stewing over that.  

                

 If you are interested to add this to your stitching list, please check out the pdfs below. I would love for you to stitch it. Oh and feel free to  change it up how ever you please. It would look so cute to change the truck color. Question : Does every farm have a red truck? Lol. Well, I know we do and so does dad. 😃  We affectionately call our 25 year old truck the pig truck since we haul pigs in it.  Clever name. Right?😆

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for the instruction page. 


Click here for the colored chart. 

                                   

Click here for the black/white chart. 

                                  



I have been a chatterbox today.  I appreciate you dropping by for my daily ramblings . I wish you a very blessed weekend, and I hope it is full of joy and pure quilting and stitching pleasures . Oh! And don't forget those snacks.   As always....

Happy Quilting and Stitching, ya'll

Melisa

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Alycia's of Alycia Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant  - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts     - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Enjoy the little things in life ... for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things. Robert Brault

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy who loved Christmas just as much as I do. I miss and love you.












18 comments:

  1. merci pour la grille de Noël. La courte pointe est superbe. Les motifs de broderie sont ils de vous? Bonne et douce journée

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a really cute Christmas ornament!
    I love your pics of your "outside" - not much of a fall here in FL. ;-)
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE red truck anything! I think I will stitch on this one tonight! Thank you for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another adorable ornament you have created, Melisa! Your Thanksgiving quilt is a beauty. Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fall quilt. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little red truck is darling, Melisa! I so enjoyed stitching your winter saltbox design for my October ornament--thank you again for sharing your talent and for your generosity! We had our first hard frost this week so our flowers are all gone... enjoy yours while you can. Have a great weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have an older red truck named Big Red. We have always owned red trucks, lol! Thank you for inspiration and free patterns, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red Truck anytime is a great idea!! Love this one with the snowman and tree, Thank You. Your sweet Thanksgiving Quilt, I am having a hard time thinking about this holiday so soon!!! Christmas is not far away. This year has seem very long and now it is almost over.... Hugs to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual your decorations look lovely and cozy. Your impatience look nice too, mine have died from frost. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me encanta el camion rojo, muchas gracias

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the pattern. Love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love red trucks!!! Thank you so much! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. MErci pour ce motif, mon petit-fils adore les camions, et je ne lui en ai brodé qu'un seul l'an dernier.

    Bravo aussi pour tous ces jolis motifs de broderie red
    Noël se prépare bien chez vous

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...et une fort belle courtepointe de thanksgiving !

    ICi les impatiens ont trop chaud l'été, je ne mets plus que des bégonias, les vôtres sont encore superbes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much! I've stitched all the other Barnyard ornaments. This will be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that little truck design! The Thanksgiving quilt is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Cathie. I enjoy little red trucks. I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday