Monday, August 10, 2020

Christmas Tractor - A Christmas Freebie

Hey, ya'll . Come on in and check out my Christmas Tractor . A farm wouldn't be complete without a tractor and  of course mine is  being driven by a little chicken in a snowstorm.  

  This little tractor sports a Christmas wreath with a bow. How festive.  This stitch measures the same as the others in the series  at 2 1/4" square if stitched on 14 count aida or 28 count eavenweave. 

I stitched these 2 ornaments in a few hours on 14 count aida. One was stitched on tea/coffee dyed fabric. 
The 2nd ornament was stitched on 14 count Emerald green Rit dyed fabric.  Each stitch was mounted on foam board. I used homespun fabrics for the finishing fabrics and twisted homespun to make cording for one of the ornaments and jute twine from the Dollar Tree for the other ornament. Like the others in this series, I used raffia from the Dollar Tree for one's bow and the other has a bow made from ribbon bought at the Dollar General. 
If you are interested in stitching your own, Christmas Tractor,  check out the links below. Because I am not tech savvy each page has its on pdf. 

 For the instructions,  click here 


 Click here  for the colored chart. 



Click here for the black and white chart. 
 Next week if all goes well, I hope to post a fall freebie. Now this is not the end of this series. I will post another  Barnyard Christmas or two come September so check back if you are interested in stitching them. I sure am excited to put these on my tree come Christmas time. 



 

 I  get so excited every time I look at my ornaments all stitched up and FFOd. If you missed the previous ornaments you can click on the name of each ornament to direct you back to the page which they were featured. Some are pdfs ; some are not. The previous ornaments in the Barnyard Christmas series include:  Chicken Sled , Santa's RideSpecial Delivery  ,  Christmas Barn, and Christmas Bucket .

I have so enjoyed seeing the designs being stitched. Please tag me on Instagram  and use #pinkernpunkinquilting.  You can also direct message me  on Instagram or email me. Thank you so much for checking these little ornaments out  and as always...

Happy Stitching, ya'll 

Melisa

4 comments:

  1. Melisa,
    Your designs and finished ornaments are so pretty!! I wish I was able to do this but with my cataract formation, I just can't.....Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie for your kind compliment on my little designs and for stopping by to see them. I just started charting a couple of months ago and have been having a ball doing it. I am so sorry that you have cataracts; my mom has them too and will eventually have them removed but not sure when. I hope when you have yours removed in the future all goes well. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs Melisa

      Delete
  2. Melisa ~ Oh My Goodness ~ Does it get any better than this ??? Thank you sew much...I will definitely be stitching this up for myself and a giftie : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so appreciate it so much, Joan. I bet you will stitch them up in no time and what a great gift. I am going to have to decide what to stitch my sisters. We give each other ornaments now for Christmas. One sister will get a chicken ornament, but I do not know about the other. Lol. Still have some time though. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday