Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Santa's Visit- A Barnyard Christmas Freebie

 Happy Tuesday and welcome! Come on in and visit a moment and see the newest addition to the Barnyard series.

Santa has made his way to the farm and his first stop is at the pigsty which is decorated with pine garland along the roof line and a small tree.



Out to greet Santa is Winifred the Pig and of course Henrietta the hen. What treats will Santa bring them?



This is a small just like the other ornaments measuring 31 x 31. I stitched 2 in a day on 14 count aida which means these are fast stitches. One was stitched on coffee tea dyed aida.



The other was stitched on Rit Dyed Emerald Green aida.


Both of the ornaments were finished on foam board wrapped with a double layer of batting. I then used homespun fabrics on covered mat boards. Jute cording was made from jute bought at the Dollar Tree. I also made homespun cording from strips of fabric to embellish the edges. On one ornament I constructed a big red bow from Dollar General ribbon. The other- I used pine boughs from a wreath and made a bow with bits of raffia. Easy peasey!


I hope you decide to add Santa to your stitching list. If so, check out the pdfs below. I have had some questions about what floss I used. They are listed in the instructions which is the 1st pdf. I am trying to use the same floss in all of the ornaments, but use whatever colors your heart desires. I also list the number of stitches for each color that may affect your color choice too.

For the instructions pdf, click here . 


For the color pdf ,click here . 

For the black and white pdf, click here 





I get so excited each time I pull all of the ornaments out. If you have missed any , click on the names below and you will be sent to the post with the charts. Some are pdfs and some are not.  They are:  Chicken Sled,  Santa's Ride ,  Special Delivery , Christmas Barn, Christmas BucketChristmas Tractor , Santa on the Farm,  Mrs. Claus on the Farm ,  and The Stockings Were Hung

Well I am off to see what other happenings may take place on the farm. You all have a blessed day and as always...

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

I would love to see your stitches . You can always tag me on Instagram using #pinkernpunkinquilting . Using the hashtag, gives a greater chance that I will see it considering the device that I am viewing with. You can always direct message me too.






7 comments:

  1. Oh Melisa, this is another adorable addition to your Barnyard Christmas ornaments. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. I am so excited to have these and can not wait to put up the tree. The hard part is deciding which tree to put them on and which room. I want to be able to see them all the time. lol. Have a blessed week. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Sue for your sweet compliment. I hope you enjoy this little stitch. Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Aah thank you so much, Sue for your sweet compliment. I hope you enjoy this little stitch. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your tree decorated with all these pretties!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I can't wait to stitch these.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday