Monday, September 7, 2020

Santa On the Farm- A Christmas freebie

 Hey, ya'll.  Santa is in the house!  Or should I say barn ? 😃. 

Santa-Face-Clip-Art-GraphicsFairy.jpg (1383×1670)               Vintage-Christmas-Label-new-GraphicsFairy.jpg (1847×1071)

 I  know many of us our into our fall stitching right now, but I thought I would share another of the Barnyard Christmas ornaments  . Right now I plan to have a total of 12 ( Could there be more? Maybe, you know me. 😃 ). So today I am introducing number 7. It is called "Santa on the Farm".  


Santa is sporting a little straw hat with a twig of holly in it. He is a real jolly ole' farmer.  Of course, Santa has his trusty little hen, Harriet, right at his side. Are they ready to deliver gifts? Let's hope so.  My Christmas list has floss and fabric on it , Santa. 

I stitched two ornaments ; both are stitched on 14 count aida.




 One is on coffee/ tea dyed aida . It is finished on foam core board that is covered with 2 layers of batting. I covered 3 mat boards with finishing fabrics to mount the stitched piece on . The stitching has a cording made of twisted homespun .Jute twine cording is around the edge of the ornament. I embellished it with raffia from the Dollar Tree and a little greenery cut off of a Christmas wreath. 


The 2nd ornament is finished in a similar way . It is stitched on Rit Emerald Green dyed fabric.  The pretty red ribbon is from the Dollar General. 



These are quick ornaments to stitch. I stitched 2 in an evening. The design size is 31 W x 31 H; so on 14 count aida that would measure  2 1/4" square. 

I used the same floss as in the previous ornaments which is all DMC. 

I am so excited to have these little ornaments stitched for my upcoming Christmas tree.I hope you consider stitching Santa too. If you are interested in stitching Santa on the Farm, the pdfs are below. I am not very tech savvy so each page is on a separate pdf. 

For the instruction page, click here

For the color pdf chart, click here.



For the black and white pdf chart, click here


 I would love to see your stitch. You can always tag me on Instagram or the best way is to use the hashtag-  #pinkernpunkinquilting.  You can always direct message me too. 

I am building up quite a collection of these ornaments. 



If you have missed the previous charts, click on the names of each one to visit the page. Some are in pdfs ; some are not but those can be saved and copied from your device.   Other ornaments in the Barnyard Series is   Chicken Sled, Santa's Ride, Special Delivery , Christmas Barn, Christmas Bucket, and Christmas Tractor

I hope you will check back in with me this week on Instagram or the blog. I hope to be posting another Itty Bitty Halloween chart. 

If you have any other suggestions or ideas for Barnyard Christmas ornaments, I would love to hear them. Just leave me a quick, little comment. Thank you dear , friends for visiting and for all of your support. As always...

Happy Stitching, ya'll

Melisa




10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Debbie. I am so excited for the Christmas season and to be able to decorate a new tree. I look forward to seeing your trees for the season too. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
    2. Melisa,
      I am just getting around to responding to some of the comments I received after a busy weekend...I was happy to see that my post on how I organize my Christmas totes helped you!! I have so many Christmas decorations that I have to have some sort of organizing plan or it would be mass bedlam!! LOL! I will be finishing my Fall/Halloween decorating in the Kitchen today with decorating the Kitchen Tree....Thanks so much for all your visits!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Santa in his straw hat is adorable, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Robin. It was fun to create a little farmer Santa. I wish I could have put a little twig of straw coming out of his mouth. Wouldn't that be cute? Have a great week .
      Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much for your kind compliment and for visiting my blog . I love collecting Santas and I am so happy to be able to create this little guy and share it. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  4. Well he is just to darned precious for words. I mean who could not LOVE him ? I must confess now I am on the hunt for a Red Barn Cookie Jar....no Farmhouse kitchen could possibly be complete without one : ) As always thank you for the inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Joan. I must confess his little face makes me smile. I will keep my eyes peeled for a red barn cookie jar too and will let you know. I hope they get them in again at Walmart. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late to the party - but I forget which FlossTube friend shouted you out - I think it was Olivia with Pumpkin Hollow Quilts. I want to say thank you so much for these adorable patterns - I can't wait to stitch them up and hang them on my tree! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday