Thursday, November 12, 2020

Christmas Goat- A Barnyard Christmas Freebie

 Hello, dear friends! Well  here we are on the last of the Barnyard Christmas series (or at least for now) .   Were you trying to guess what would be the next farmyard critter?  Well let me introduce you to Ruby, the Christmas goat, though hubby thought she looked more like a reindeer.  On this snowy day, Ruby is pulling a little cart with Frosty the  snowman and Henrietta in tow.

We never really had many goats on the family farm, but about 18 years ago we did have one where I reside now and her name was Ruby. Ruby ate about everything and loved to go up and down the hill near the woods where her job was to  clear out an overgrown area. She did her job well. My girls loved to go out and look at Ruby,  but they never took care of her. Ruby stayed for a short time until a better home was found for her, and though she is gone, she  remains in my heart . 


This is a small stitch measuring the same as the others in the series at 31 x 31. I stitched mine on 14 count aida which would give it a size of 2 1/4" x 2 1/4". 

There are a couple of difference in my 2 stitches. I charted the snowman wearing a green scarf and Ruby sporting a green collar. On the tea dyed aida, I decided to stitch them in red. 

If you are interested in stitching Ruby and her crew , check out the pdfs below . Each page is on a separate pdf. 



For the instruction page, click here

For the colored chart pdf, click here .


For the black and white, chart click here .




If you missed any of the other charts, you can click on the names below and you will be directed to those charts.  

Previous charts include: 

Chicken Sled ,   Santa's Ride ,  Special Delivery , Christmas BarnChristmas BucketChristmas Tractor , Santa on the Farm,  Mrs. Claus on the Farm , The Stockings Were Hung ,   Santa's Visit  ,  Hanging the Star .   , Skiing on the Farm  Farm Truck  and Baking on the Farm.

Now that all of the ornaments are completed, it is time to put up the Christmas tree  and start decorating. I hope to share my tree with you soon. 

 I truly hope you enjoy this little chart. Thank you so much for visiting me . Have a lovely rest of the week and as always... 

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

I would love to see your stitch. You can always direct message me on Instagram or use #pinkernpunkinquilting . I have enjoyed seeing all of the different versions of the Barnyard stitches and the finishes. Your creativity inspires and motivates me. 







10 comments:

  1. What an adorable ornament you created with Ruby the goat in mind, Melisa! I am looking forward to seeing your Christmas farm/barn tree. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I racked my brain on how to create this little goat, but once I started charting him, he came out quickly. I have been working on my tree, but it still needs a little something. I hope to have it together soon. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  2. Merci pour ta générosité, tu nous offres une nouvelle fois un joli modèle. J'adore les chèvres et dis toujours à mon mari que si l'on avait un terrain plus grand j'en mettrai au moins deux afin qu'elles ne s'ennuient pas... Il me répond toujours, toi et tes animaux !! Nous avons déjà 5 chats et 2 poules.... :)
    Je ne commencerai la décoration de la maison et du sapin que début décembre.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Christel. Thank you so much for visiting me and for the sweet comment. We used to have different animals here at the house but unfortunately we do not have any now. I would love to have kitties and chickens again. They are always entertaining. It sounds like a goat or two would make a great addition to your pet family. I have been busy trying to get out my Christmas decorations. It is a job but so much fun. I hope you have a lovely weekend . Hugs,Melisa

      Delete
  3. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful barnyard patterns. They are adorable. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lecia. Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such a kind compliment. It has been so much fun stitching these as well as sharing. I have really enjoyed seeing other stitcher's versions of them. There are so many creative people out there. I feel very blessed and grateful to be inspired by them. I have wonderful weekend. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  4. Talented and generous, beautiful qualities. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah thank you so much, Jacqueline. I sort of stressed over this last ornament,but that little goat ended up stitching up fine. I hope that you enjoy this little chart. I really appreciate you visiting and for leaving such a lovely compliment. Hope you come back to visit and have a blessed weekend. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the cute goat and your story of Ruby. I can't wait to get these designs kitted up. You are going to be in my stitching basket for quite awhile. Thanks so much for your generosity

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle