Blog Archive

Friday, November 3, 2023

The Blessing House - A Thanksgiving Freebie

Gobble ! Gobble! And shake your tail feathers! It is turkey season! 

Mr. McGobble freebie

 

Hello there , dear friends. It is that time of the year! Time for the gobbler to make his grand appearance and take center stage . Turkey tureens and planters are roosting all over my hutch along with a wee bit of stitching.  

2022  Hutch display

Hmm, I think a new turkey stitch is in order . Don't you?  

The Blessing House is my newest Thanksgiving stitch .And I have to admit that I am quite smitten with it.  I just might have to pack up and mosey on into this house. Yep! I could live in the Blessing House. How about you?  But Oh my , there is those darn pumpkins growing on the roof again.  Oh well , they will be perfect for baking  yummy to my tummy pumpkin pies. 

A little folksy turkey perches on a quilted pumpkin.  How cute is he? 

Anywhoo! The Blessing House was stitched on 14 count tea/coffee dyed aida. Only 9 DMC floss colors were used in this stitch . They include : 301, 610,  730,  739,  780,   869, 919, 938 ,and 3857. 

๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ






 The Blessing House will  soon be joining my other Thanksgiving houses which include: 



Well, y'all I am fixing to do the turkey strut straight to the attic and start pulling down more Thanksgiving decor and you know what that means- I will be busy packing up Halloween to ship up to the rafters as well. Sure wish you were here - I could use a  helping hand, but then we would probably get off task and start quilting and stitching. It is hard to resist stitching time. Isn't it? ๐Ÿ˜€

I am so grateful you stopped by for a visit.  In fact I feel blessed . Have a wonderful day, Sweeties and...

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around . - Willie Nelson

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much. You were and will always be a blessing in my life. Love you , Amo. 


If you have a chance , pop in for a visit tomorrow, I will be having a Thanksgiving Parade of stitches. 

28 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for yet another beautiful pattern. A lovely house with a beautiful name.
    Enjoy your day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Annelies. I am so touched that you like this humble home; it was a joy to stitch. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. We have to be thankful for the beatiful patterns you create for us. In Portugal we do not have the Thanksgiving holiday but i do love to watch all the decor and the turkeys :)
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are the sweetest. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a sweet compliment. I enjoy sharing my humble designs and am touched that you enjoy them as well. Wishing you a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I do love your saltbox houses! Thank you for being so generous! Yes, so much to be thankful for! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the houses are some of my favorites to share. Thank you so much, dear Donna for the kind, heart warming compliment. Hope your week is off to a great start. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sticheries,so many little X's. my turkey would be hollering Ho Ho Ho ๐Ÿคฃ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Helen. I have enjoyed each and every stitch. LOL that would be one festive turkey ready for both holidays. Hee ! Hee! Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  5. What lovely pieces on display, Melisa! Your new house is lovely. I would love to help you decorate for Thanksgiving, but you would probably have to check my pockets before I left. It would be fun to sit, chat, and stitch with you! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, dear Robin. I would love for you to be here . I know we would have a ball! Thank you so much for the kind words on my new house. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  6. I'm still stitching that Halloween project, but a turkey is next on the list! So fun to see all your cute designs. I'll enjoy seeing your November decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to thank you again, Diann for stitching Halloween Jar. It is the cutest!!!  Looking forward to seeing your turkey stitch soon. Enjoy. Hugs. 

      Delete
  7. Preciosa tu nueva decoraciรณn!!!
    Muchas gracias por el nuevo diseรฑo de la casita. Es precioso!!!

    Besos,
    Pilarรญn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Pilarin. I have enjoyed changing out the decor to Thanksgiving for the next few weeks. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I, too, am 'smitten' with The Blessing House - it's wonderful, Melisa Actually I love everything Thanksgiving in your pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that just warms my heart, Darlene. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It was a fun stitch to work on and share. I am excited to have my Thanksgiving out for a few weeks. I just adore turkeys. Happy Turkey season. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. I love all your houses, but this one in these colours is really special, Melisa. Thanks as always for your lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jocelyn. It was a joy to work on this little house. the colors just spoke to me. I am so touched that you like it too. Have a blessed week . Hugs.

      Delete
  10. I love your new salt box house. Wish I had waited a few days. I started your Turkey Holler house on November first. This will be house number 5. I would like to stitch 1 a month. I think they will be so cute all together in a basket. So many things to make and so little time. Thank you for all that you share. Have a blessed weekend. All my grandchildrens games are over for now so I will have a little more time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Joy. I am so touched that you have stitched so many of my houses. I have a number of mine in baskets as well; they do look cute in a basket. I am so excited to hear about your plans. I hope you enjoy every minute of your stitching time. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. thank you for the gift. Really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very welcome and thank you for the sweet visit and kind compliment. I hope you enjoy, dear. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for another beautiful house to stitch! I love all the houses you create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome, Brenda and thank you for the kind compliment on my new house. It was a joy to work on and share. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for another lovely House ti Stitch, Melisa!
    The turkey season arrived!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Isabel. I am so delighted tat you like it. I hope you enjoy each and every stitch. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Thank you for another beautiful house stitch. I would be hard pressed to choose which one of all your houses I would want to move into but this one would sure be in the running. Remind me - what is the significance to the date? I would love to help put things away and bring things out but you are right, we would definitely get distracted with something! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I always say that the current house I am working on is my favorite. I have a thing for houses, but I do believe I would move into any of them. Usually I put a date that is a nod to one of my ancestors. This time I just used the Pilgrim's 1st Thanksgiving but I did not have any of my ancestors among them though I did have some come over to America in the 1600's. I am fascinated with genealogy. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Bugs, Blooms, Boo Boos and a Doodle Freebie