Blog Archive

Monday, January 3, 2022

Dip It in Glitter! Monday Makings

Good Monday afternoon and welcome. You know what the say "When life gives you Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day!"  
 Come on in and grab you a cup of tea or coffee? What's on your  agenda for today?
 Well I  have started a new quilt - appliqueing some blocks. The little snowman just received  his eyes ( lol he has to see) .
 Still some embroidery work needs to be done- He does need twiggy little arms and a bit of embellishing on the scarf and toboggan . And then I am going to be off and running with   some scraps to applique a 2nd jar block. 

This year I hope to be a little more organized in my list making (Yes , I am a list maker) .

Last week I joined Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday. 
Let's look at last week's agenda

My to do list last week 

✅1. To work on a new saltbox house

✅2. Bind Christmas Time

✅ 3. Work on Winter applique

✅2. 4. Redwork Thursday.

🇽5. Stitch on a Basket design. 

Well I did ok. 

This week's To Do List is"

1. Stitch on Basket design

2. Work on Applique for Tablescrap Challenge

3. Applique RSC Chicken block

4. Redwork Thursday

5. Quilt Winter Wall hanging. 

 

One of my finishes last week was Winter Stamp.

 It is the same size as the Autumn Stamp . 

Since the little stand that I use for Autumn Stamp was already in use with the Frosty Stamp, ....

I decided to fully finish it on a Dollar Tree tray that I painted white.  The tray can be found in the craft section at Dollar Tree. 

A Dollar Tree tray for finishing. 

If you are interested click out the links below for the Winter Stamp. I hope to create a Spring and Summer one of the same size. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart and not downloads.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for the Instruction page. 


Click here for the Colored Chart. 


Click here for the Black and White Chart. 

Thank you my friends, for the sweet Monday visit. Let's make this a fabulous week!!!! Spread joy and lots of smiles. As always... 
Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll
Melisa 
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

If you win the morning, you win the day!!!
Hugs and Stitches!!!


 










13 comments:

  1. Where did that comment go, sometimes they just disappear on me! As I was saying, I've never heard of the Monday glitter saying. I always love to see your pretty ennrioderies, applique and cross stitch. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute cross stitch! And what a great deal--that Dollar Tree tray! Love your mods!!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "dip it glitter" saying!! Thanks, you made my day! Love the Winter Stamp, adding to my to-do list for this week! Hugs from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Winter Stamp and I think my grand daughter will love it too. She's looking for something small (she's 9) and I think this fits the bill!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Winter Stamp and also had a look at your saltbox house - how darling! You are so talented to create these cross stitch patterns. Those Dollar Tree trays are the perfect frame.
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melisa, these are absolute darling. I've been stitching the Prim series and love how quickly I can finish the cross stitch part at least. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.
    From one Melissa to another (two s's in mine!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard the Dip it in Glitter saying either. Love it! I have a new laptop and am unable to see your links. I'm sure it is operator error on my end. I'll keep working on it. I love the little stamp designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the embroidery! How did you apply it to the tray? (or did I miss that part?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cross stitch and I love how you have put it on the white tray.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another cute design. Nifty idea to put it on the crisp white tray. I don't think I "won" the morning today but the afternoon is moving along just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ce plateau est parfait pour la finition de ce timbre d'hiver. Merci Melisa pour ce beau modèle.
    Le bonhomme de neige de votre courtepointe est adorable.
    Belle et douce nouvelle année.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your jar blocks with the applique designs are going to make an adorable design! I think you are the snowman queen, Melisa! So many cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute Winter stamp, Melisa. Thank you!!
    Your snowman applique is so charming
    Love the squirrel picture.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday