Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Mooey X-Mas - A Christmas in July Freebie

 Howdy Ya'll. Happy Cow Appreciation Day! 

Did you know there was a special day to celebrate cows? 🐄🐮  I didn't until I saw it on the Internet.  Oh , I certainly do appreciate cows; in fact I think they are pretty darn cute. 


While out at the farm the other day, I snapped photos of a few of the cows in the bottoms which is the lower field. 

Can you pick out which one is named Ears? Lol . They are so cute! 

They were enjoying a bit of shade out by the pond. 

The grandbaby wanted to go under the fence and ride one. Lol. I think he has been watching rodeos. 

A bit of my cow collection. 

Pulling out some cow decor and redecorating the kitchen which is so much fun.

 Here is a little area. It is watermelon season too. 


In celebration of Cow Appreciation Day,  I would like to share "Mooey Xmas" with you. 

I decided to stitch mine as a red cow  after the Molly  also known as No. 4  who lives on the farm. But wouldn't it  look cute as a Charolais , a black cow , or even as a Holstein?

Edna, the spunky black hen, is sporting a wreath, and she has decided to hitch a ride on Molly's back. Keep a look out for Santa , Edna! 🐔🎅

                  

   This stitch  would look perfect with the Barnyard Christmas ornaments that I shared last year.  


Just click on the "Barnyard Christmas" label in the side bar and you can visit those posts. 

This is a small measuring 42 x 42. On 14 count aida that would be  3" x 3". 

 I usually  finish my pieces with what I have on hand; so for this stitch ,  I used a scrap of gingham fabric from a bed sheet and an old shirt for backing. The ribbons were from the Dollar General and found  in the Christmas section last year. 

If you are interested in this little stitch , just check out the pdfs below . Since I am not a designer, please check out my little disclaimer too. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs.

Click here for the instruction page.

Click here for the colored chart.
Click here for the black and white chart. 

So how do you plan to celebrate Cow Appreciation day? Maybe some ice cream? Yum that does sound awfully good. 🍦 But I have to admit that I had my ice cream fix yesterday with one of the Sonic's "Red, white, and blue slushes" . It was goooood!!



 I am so happy you stopped by, and I hope you visit me again this week. This week's post is going to be all about the farm so I would love for you to join me. 
Love ya' till the cows come home!    
Hugs and Stitches. 











 

13 comments:

  1. I'll have to tell my husband yesterday was Cow Appreciation Day, he'll get a good chuckle out of that. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Gretchen for the sweet visit. I mentioned it to my dad and he laughed too. Who knew? lol Happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. They look so cute together. I'll have to eat some icecream today, as a belated celebration. 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Sue. Ice cream is always yummy. I like two scoops on a cone. Lol. Have a great day. Hugs

      Delete
  3. OOOH! Love your cow collection! The Christmas cow is so cute! Didn't know there is a Cow Appreciation Day. How to celebrate? Mashed potatoes made with milk! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Astrid. I have been collecting for quite awhile. Oh it has been awhile since I have had good homemade mashed potatoes. Happy Tuesday.

      Delete
  4. I didn’t know it was cow appreciation day. But I did finish off a container of chocolate ice cream last night, so I could restart my diet today. Lol I think I picked out Ears I. The photo. 🐄 cute cow x stitch. You have the cutest things; love your fun displays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I didn't know there was a Cow Appreciation Day either. The fun things one can learn on the internet. Oh yum chocolate ice cream! Have an beautiful day, Penny. hugs

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Sue for the sweet visit and compliment. I hope you enjoy this little design. Have a wonderful day and happy stitching

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin for the kind words and sweet visit. Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday! Hugs.

      Delete
  7. These all make such a great collection, and I love "mooey"!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour