Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Tuesday Rambles and a Mini Turkey Sampler Freebie

It is a bright beautiful day in the holler with the temps. already in the high 70's.  I love the warm fall days!

The lawn  has a quilt of colorful leaves. 


How is your day going? I hope  you are enjoying this 1st Tuesday of November. Have you started to pull out your Christmas decorations?  I plan to work on a tree today. 

The kitchen and small foyer is decorated in all its Fall and Thanksgiving glory. 


The tiered tray has loads of pumpkins , turkeys and a happy Pilgrim couple. 


Turkeys tureens are tucked here and there and everywhere. 


My small collection of white turkeys have roosted on my "mitten table" ( This is where I store the kiddos mittens and caps for the winter. 


A lone white hen decided to join the white turkeys. 

 

Today I will be working on a new quick turkey stitch- a Mini Turkey Sampler. 
I haven't decided what colors I will use, but when I do I will certainly list them. 

πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ







I am not going to be long winded today and just keep it short and sweet. πŸ˜ƒ❤ I just wanted to pop in and say hello and wish you a fabulous afternoon. 

As Always...

Happy quilting and stitching, y'all

Melisa
Hugs and Stitches!!! πŸ€—❤🧡

This is a wonderful day. I  have never seen this one before. -Maya Angelou



Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . I saw 3 small butterflies today ( 2 orange and 1 yellow ) Sweet signs from Heaven. I miss you , Amo . Love ya. ❤❤❤

HERE ARE A FEW LINKS THAT MIGHT STRIKE YOUR FANCY.  

Turkey Stuttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2023- A parade of free Thanksgiving stitches. 

Time For a Parade- A Fall Freebie Parade- A parade of free Fall cross stitch and doodles. 

Christmas Parade- A Look at Previous Freebies-  2022 parade of free Christmas cross stitches and doodles. 

19 comments:

  1. It definitely does look like a pretty day in your neck of the woods, Melisa! I love seeing all your turkeys, especially the mini sampler. I just started the Gobble Gobble turkey design of yours, but I might have to do the sampler, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely day, Diann. I have my windows wide open right now hoping to cool the house down for the night. I am so excited that you are stitching Gobble Gobble . It is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy every stitch. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can not tell you how much your support and encouragement means to me. Hugs. πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

      Delete
  2. So glad to have found you again. Bet you did not know you were lost. I am looking forward to settling in with a big mug of tea and reading what I have missed. I have long admired your little embroidered pieces and look forward to making a wall of your houses framed for my sewing room. Thank you for sharing your time and designs. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Mini Turkey Sampler, I have some overdyed browns and rusts, I think will work well for the turkey. Fills the bill for me today, just a little stitching and a finish, Yea!!! Have a great week. Sending warm hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh browns and rusts sounds perfect for this little sampler. I hope you enjoy it, dear Mary. Thank you sweet friend.Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous November day! I will photograph some Christmas projects tomorrow. I'm still quilting my lone star. . .ugh!--Terry K @OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can not wait to see your Christmas and lone star, Terry .I bet you will have it completed in not time. Enjoy your quilting time. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. You must have a well organized storage system for all your holiday decor, Since you can do the change over so quickly. Enjoy the stitching time and redecorating efforts this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has taken some time, but I do have my holiday decor organized. I just wish I could say the same about my quilting stash. Lol. Thank you so much, Kate. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Love your pictures of fall and your fall decorations. If you look outside our RV, I have three - two signs and a pumpkin like I used to have when I was very young! The turkey sampler is cute - I think my grand daughter would enjoy that one! She loves the little ones! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah I bet your outside decor is adorable, Donna. One of the things hubby and I like to do on "date day" is drive through our local campground . So many campers put out festive touches during this time of the year. I hope your sweet granddaughter enjoys the stitch. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Lovely Thanksgiving Samper, Melisa!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Isabel. I think it will be a quick stitch. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Somehow, I missed this post! Cute mini Turkey sampler, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted this a little late. Lol. I hope to put in a few stitches into the turkey sampler today. Thank you so much, Robin. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Lovely turkeys and chickens, Melisa! Cute new sampler too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. I love the barnyard feathered friends. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the sweet little turkey sampler stitch. The turkey tureens are beautiful! Your collecting never ceases to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. I have been collecting for years. I think it is in my genes. Lol . Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Bugs, Blooms, Boo Boos and a Doodle Freebie