Blog Archive

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Flurry & Flakes SAL Finishing the Quilt

Happy happy Thursday, my friends. Today is the day that I am finishing my Flurry & Flakes SAL .


 I am so grateful to all of you who have followed my progress, gave me kind words of encouragement and for those who have participated.  You are the best!!!

Last week, I shared with you the 4 alternate blocks that I am using to set my embroidered blocks with.  So are you ready to finish this baby up. Come on ! Let's do it! 



All our blocks are complete and now it is time to sew the embroidered blocks and pieced blocks together. 

 Let's lay the blocks out into a pleasing formation. Hmmm ! What do you think ?  Since this about a Snow family, how about let's put the Family Portrait block  in the center.  That looks pretty good. Don't you think? 

 Alrigthy! I will sew these babies up and then give them a good pressing. . Doesn't the pieced blocks  give the impression of sled tracks ?

Now it is time for the simple border.  I found a bit of black fabric in my stash. It is not wintery like I would like , but it will do. 

From your chosen  black border fabric  CUT 4 strips of  fabric 4 1/2" x 24 1/2"

 Last week we  made 4 extra  4 patches measuring 4 1/2" unfinished ; these will be our corner blocks. 

USING THE PHOTO AS A GUIDE , SEW THE BORDERS ONTO THE TOP USING 1/4" SEAM ALLOWANCE. 

WALLAH!!!  We are done. Woo Hoo ! Let's do the snowman happy dance !!⛄☃

The finished quilt will measure 32" x 32" . 

Flurry & Flakes will be going into the hoop soon. 

If you missed any of the previous post, just click on the links and you will be taken back to the post. 

INTRODUCTION & BLOCK 1- WINTER WELCOME 

BLOCK 2- SNOW DAY

BLOCK 3  SNOW RACE

BLOCK 4 A BLUSTERY DAY

BLOCK 5 THE FAMILY PORTRAIT

PIECED BLOCKS

Now this is not the end of Flurry & the Flakes. You may see them again in the upcoming  year in another quilt, an embroidery or as a cross stitch.  I just had too much fun with these characters . 

Thank you for the sweet Thursday visit , my dears. I am off to put in a few stitches in 2 Christmas quilts- My Rudolph  and my Santa quilt. If you have a hankering , you can pull up a chair and join me. Needle and thread  are on the table. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting,

 ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Stand tall. Be cool and accessorize  with a smile! 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!  And Warm Winter Wishes!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤.

Dedicated to my dear baby sister Amy  who loved snow as much as I do.   Love and miss ya. ❤❤❤❤

22 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this cute quilt! I live in FL and it almost (almost I said LOL!) makes me wish for snow! Thank you for sharing the finish!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Donna. It was such a delight to stitch and share. Lol a bit of snow would be nice. Of course the warm sunshine of FL would be amazing during this time of the year. Have a Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Your quilt is coming together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Vicki. I look forward to moving it into a hoop very soon. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  3. That is adorable! We had some flurries and a dusting of snow in Arizona a few days ago - just enough for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much. This was a fun quilt to work on. Oh how fun to have a bit of snow even if it is just a dusting. I am hoping we will get some snow in our area this winter. Have a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susie. I am tickled pink to have it completed and I look forward to putting it into a hoop. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  5. That is such a fun quilt with your snowmen designs and the lovely patchwork! I'm still working on Frosty, but need to print these designs for some winter stitching. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate you kind compliment, Diann. Frosty is one of my favorites. I just finished quilting mine. I can not wait to see your progress on yours. This new one will be my winter quilting. Have a blessed Christmas.

      Delete
  6. Melisa, this quilt turned out so cute. A friend of mine stitched the blocks and I'm going to do the quilting for her. Can't wait to get them in my hands. Merry Christmas and as always, thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Kim. I bet hers is adorable and how fortunate she is to have you quilt them for her. I know it will turn out as cute as a button. Have a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  7. SO fun! What a great wintery project! I'm stitching an altered version of your family portrait and will post it on Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kathy. I hope to put mine in the hoop very soon. I loved seeing your Family Portrait. I have got to stitch a snowman in blue in the near future. Happy stitching and Merry Christmas

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! You finished the quilt and it looks awesome! I tell ya... maybe next year I'll try quilting, you keep putting so many beautiful things and tempting me to do it!
    Have a great weekend Melisa!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope that you will give quilting a try in the upcoming year, but let me warn you- It is addictive. Lol. Thank you so much, Diana. I hope you have a very lovely week and Merry Christmas

      Delete
  9. Great Finish for the Flake Family! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ginny. I was wanting something quick and simple.. I hope it will quilt up quickly. Have a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  10. Your Flurry & Flakes is so cute! Congrats on the finished quilt top. I may be tempted to stitch this one. No snow in Mauritius, but I can't say I miss wintry Norway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Astrid. I am over the moon that I have finished it- now for the quilting. Lol. We rarely get snow here , but I do dream of it. Lol. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  11. Your snowmen are so cute Melisa. Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Christine. I have had so much fun creating and sharing them. I can not wait to get this one in the hoop. Maybe for January. Have a wonderful week and a blessed new year.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday