Saturday, December 12, 2020

SALs , Snow Globes, and Santa

 Happy Saturday or should I say Happy Poinsettia Day ! 


A perfect day for me to start a sweet freebie from Lizzie Kate called "Snow Bird" . Are those not poinsettias ? I had planned to stitch this piece last year, but let it slip by me . My chart is  printed, fabric is dyed now to start pulling the floss.  You can find this chart on Lizzie Kate's website or on her blog. Click here for a link. 

Have you been joining in all of the festive fun this week on social media? So many amazing designers have offered free charts and have Stitch Alongs ongoing. I have been trying to keep up. 

The first SAL I have been working on is the Pine Needles  "Christmas Blocks" Stitch Along. If you have not seen it, you should  check out Pine Needles website where Sharon Workman has designed 25 teeny stitches. You can stitch them individually or all together which is what I am doing. Each block is so cute, and boy do they stitch up quick. 

The second SAL I am working on is Brenda Gervais's of With Thy Needle and Thread called "Merry and Minty". As with the Christmas Blocks" SAL I am using floss that I have in my stash. This is so much fun, and Brenda has also been posting yummy recipes each day too. The SAL ends on Sunday with a special project. Information on this SAL can be found on With Thy Needle and Thread's Facebook or Instagram. 

I have enjoyed seeing so many stitcher's working on both pieces. Other pieces that are on my agenda are Cathy Habermann's of Hands on Designs freebie called "Berries in Bloom" I hope to start it next week . Fingers crossed.  I also hope to begin Kelly's of That's So Kelly's exclusive subscriber chart called "Holly House"- another amazing design by Kelly. So much fun and so little time. 


      

 What else is on the agenda today? Well first is a basketball game. The oldest grandbaby will be playing bright and early. It is always fun to watch the little ones play. Then later today the grandkids and nephews will be making snow globes. All the supplies have come from the Dollar Tree. We did similar ones last year, and they loved it . This is a new tradition. We may even bake some cookies to munch on-chocolate chip of course.


 
It would be nice to go see more Christmas lights tonight as well. We have gone out twice this week to 2 small nearby towns to see  lights. 


Does your town have special displays or are there certain communities or neighborhoods that really go all out in your area?  I enjoy the ride and seeing all of the lights whether they are simple lights in the windows or big displays with music and all. I have done this every year since my girls were born years and years ago. 

I posted my little Santa on Instagram today. He is a small stitch and is called "Santa Stamp" . I actually stitched him because I needed something to go onto this little stand which I had purchased from Dollar General earlier this year . It looked quite bare when I took the Autumn piece off so a new stitch was definitely needed.  He was a quick stitch since it measures just 35 W x 35 H. Santa is surrounded by some of his reindeer. I wonder which reindeer they are? 


If you would like to stitch this little design, just click on the links below . They may print up light. I believe that my printer is on it's last leg so I have asked Santa for a new one. Lol.

For the instruction page, click  here .

For the colored chart, click here .



For the black and white  chart, click here



Well I hope you join in all of the stitching fun and the Christmas festivities in your area.  I am so grateful to all of the wonderful designers who share their creativity, and to all of the stitchers who provide endless inspiration through their stitching, finishing and wonderful posts.  I always enjoy seeing  or hearing what you are up to. Have a fantastic day and go do something awesome and as always...

Happy Stitching, ya'll

Melisa

11 comments:

  1. Melisa, I just love your blog! Thanks so much to the links for the free SAL. I am hesitant to pay for a design without seeing the whole thing so a free one is great for me. I especially love the Christmas blocks! Hadn’t seen that yet. I also love the Santa pattern you designed. You made my tree so cute this year with the farm Christmas ornaments. Can’t wait to do this one too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lesley, thank you so much for the sweetest comment. I am usually the same way on SALs but this time , I decided to jump right in. It has been lots of fun and the Pine Needles SAL is fun with such quick stitches. Thank you so much for visiting and I am so honored that you have stitched some of my little designs and added them to your decor. Happy stitching. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  2. What a fun post to read this AM, Melisa! Thank you for sharing your progress on the SAL pieces and sharing your Santa stamp. Looking forward to seeing the snow globes that your grandkids and nephews will be making. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. We had a lot of fun making the snowglobes and I think the kiddos did a better job than last year. I will have to post a photo. Have a great week. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  3. I've recently came across your blog and have fallen in love with it! I enjoy seeing your SAL and your beautiful Christmas home tour, it is beyond amazing. Thank you for sharing your talent, your home and your great finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so touched by your kind comment. I can not tell you how much your sweet words brings encouragement to me. I so appreciate you visiting me and hope you will pop back in for a visit. Happy stitching. Hugs, Melia

      Delete
  4. I made Santa& he's headed to MA for my daughter's tree ...I will try to attach a picture when I am on computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah! It stitched up fast didn't it? I hope to make a little snowman soon that is about the same size. Thank you so much for visiting and I so hope you enjoyed the little chart. Happy stitching, Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  5. Hi Melisa. I recently found you blog and I love everything that you do. I really appreciate all the free patterns, I hope to get some stitched for next year. I was hoping you could share the name of the darling patriotic santa pattern and designer with me, I would really like to stitch that one. I Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    Thanks
    Marie scquilter@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks melisa you surly do keep me busy with all these amazing quick stitches
    Stay flossy my friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the cute freebie. I'm working on your Christmas in the Barn series this week while I'm on vacation. I've done none of the chores on my list because of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday