Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Winter Jar- A Winter Freebie

Good afternoon, friends. I've been busy finishing up some projects. 

The other day after spending the evening with the grandkids and having some good old fashioned fun in the snow on the mountain (nope, no snow in the valley), I finished my Let It Snow Sampler. I did make some changes.

 I added more snowflakes - willy nilly . I stitched the words and border in DMC 930 and the snowflakes in white. 

Click here to visit the post where I shared Let It Snow. 

My 2nd project is a mason  jar stitch. 

                                

I finally finished my Winter Jar. 

       

This mason jar is crammed full with a snowman who has a face that only a mother could love. Lol. Of course, I had to add some cardinals to the mix. I am on a cardinal kick right now too. 

If you would like to stitch Winter Jar, please check out the links below.  

Now I have to confess , I am not satisfied with the scarf and toboggan color. What do you think? I would love to hear what colors you would choose. 

          

Click here for the Instruction page. 

NOTE: I did not write this in the instructions, but I did use 1 strand of 221 to create little stripes in the scarf. You can see that on the chart since it is charted.  

Click here for the Colored Chart. 

NOTE:  I enlarged the chart. In printing, you may have to reduce the scale, if it doesn't print out fully. 


Click here for the Black and White Chart. 


Well this was just a short ramble. I am so happy that you stopped by for a visit Have a beautiful day, my friends. Love ya! And as always....

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

A snowflake is a winter's butterfly. 

Hugs and Stitches and Warm Winter Wishes!!!



Dedicated to my sweet lil' sis, Amy. You would have loved being out in the snow, Amo. I miss you. 


26 comments:

  1. Aww... what a cutie, Melisa! You are so talented and this newest finish looks great displayed with your Winter piece. Thank you so much ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Carol. I am glad I finally got this little guy completed. My winter collection is growing. Lol.

      Delete
  2. So cute! I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Marsha for the sweetest compliment and for visiting me . Hope you have a very lovely weekend.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely little saying about the snowflake and the butterfly! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jenny. I have a love for butterflies. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Melissa. This is a darling snowman, do you think we could put Winter Jar in the freezer for next winter?? Sorry, I didn't know that was a toboggan.....not a great sled enthusiast, I guess. Stay well and happy, sending warm hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Mary. Lol I would love to capture some winter snow for the freezer. Right now we are just freezing cold. If there is no snow then I am ready for summer. Lol. Big hugs.

      Delete
  5. What a sweet snowman. I like the color of the scarf and toboggan. Love the Cardinals. I've been watching the ones in the yard. Love seeing them in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Sue. I am cardinal obsessed right now. I have been doing the same. It is interesting to watch them with the other birdies. I bet they are beautiful among the snow. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. Adorable, cute and sweet! I printed several of your designs last night and the list of more is very long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so excited, Darlene. I hope you enjoy them. Thank you so much and have a great weekend. Happy quilting and stitching.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for all the great patterns you share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome, Kristen and thank you for the kind words and sweet visit. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I so appreciate your kind words and visit, Joan. Have a very lovely weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  9. Mignon ce bonhomme de neige ,merci beaucoup !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Monique. Thank you for the sweet visit. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  10. So adorable, Melisa! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. This was a fun one to finish. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  11. So very cute! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Donna and thank you so much for visiting me. I hope you enjoy this little chart. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  12. I have been looking for the pattern Winter Blues and cannot find it anywhere. I am working on Winter, and loving it. Thank you for your wonderful designs and sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Carole. I looked on the internet to see if it was still available and I did not see it . If I find it I will post it on my blog and IG. I am so excited that you are enjoying Winter. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  13. Melissa, I can't wait to get started on this fella" he is so cute. I love the jar! I am finishing up your Winter Saltbox tonight. I can't keep up with all your designing goodness! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so excited you are finishing Winter Saltbox. It is one of my winter favorites. I hope you enjoy this little guy as well. Have a fabulous weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday