Blog Archive

Saturday, November 4, 2023

For the Fourth Year and A Christmas Freebie

Is it Sunday already?  Why it sure is!😀 
Happy Slow Stitching Sunday, Sweet Peas. Have you pulled out a project to work on today?  

For the fourth year in a row, I am starting November off with my small Rudolph quilt that is still not complete.🦌😳

I know! I know! Some of you are thinking why hasn't she finished it already? Well I am as slow as molasses , but in my defense, there have been a whole lot of squirrels tempting me.  😀 
Swirls and Twirls  in the quilting.

I have to admit that I am bit embarrassed that it has taken so long.  I am quilting on the borders so there is the possibility of a 2023 finish . Fingers crossed. 

I decorated my daughter's Christmas tree the other day.


Santa is this year's theme. She always has the cutest ornaments. 


Speaking of ornaments, I stitched up a new prim ornament this week. It is called "Tree Delivery" .  It is another prim Santa ornament similar to last week's ornie , Old World Santa.  
Santa has his sleigh filled with trees to deliver before his big day. This is a  simple and super quick stitch . I stitched mine on 14 count tea/ coffee dyed aida.   I went for a thrifty finish just using supplies I had on hand- cardboard, batting, yarn , scrap fabric, and jute cord. 

Tree Delivery  uses some of the same floss colors as Old World Santa. . There are 8 colors in this piece which include : 221, 730, 782, 610, 407, 898, Blanc, and 3371

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄






Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were.. 
✅🌞1. Add the borders to Father Christmas  which is a design by Country Threads. I added a red border so now it is ready for the hoop. 


🌞2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point. I finished stitching the border and  the word "November" . 
🌞3. Continue quilting on Butterfly Kisses border for at least 15 minutes a day .Eeeh! I finished quilting the border .

I also attached the binding I need to whip stitch it down.  
I freehand quilted a fan design along the border. 
🌞4. Work on November's Monthly Doodle

🌞5. Finish Block 1 Snowballs in the Mr. Snow SAL starting on Thursday. Eeeh! Another Snowman embroidery SAL!
🌞6. Enjoy the little Spooks who drop by for Halloween!  The made out like bandits and received loads of candy. 
🌞7. Quilt on Shine on Harvest Moon. Worked on the center. 
🌞8.Take down Halloween and begin putting up Thanksgiving decor.


🎉🥳WOO HOO and  Yee Haw!!! 100%  of my goals completed. Excuse me while I take a moment to do the happy dance!!!💃💃💃🎉🥳

Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
🌞1. Camping trip.🏕 Mr. Pinker and I will be heading out on a camping trip for the weekend. 
🌞2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point.
🌞3. Continue working  on Butterfly Kisses binding.
🌞5. Finish Block 2  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
🌞7. Quilt on Shine on Harvest Moon. 

Well Sweeties,  I am off to work on my reindeer quilt. I am bound and determined to make some headway on it.  Have a blessed and enjoyable  day and...

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Santa works his jolliness right into your heart. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 















 

44 comments:

  1. Beautiful Patchwork projects that you show us.
    Your daughter's Christmas tree turned out very pretty with so many Santas.
    Thank you very much for the new Santa, the gift you give us.
    Kisses,
    Pilarin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Pilarin. It was a lot of fun to decorate my daughter's tree ; the little ones helped as well . I wish you a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Love the new cross stitch - thank you. Looks like you've been a busy gal again! Lots of fun time with family and maybe some camping this week! It's getting chilly so stay warm! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. It was a quick Christmas stitch. I am trying to stay busy- pulling out Christmas right now which is taking up some of my stitching time. LOL. I am looking forward to camping this week. Enjoy your week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Melisa, I LOVE that fabric in your reindeer quilt, it is stinkin adorable. Seriously, you always have just the best fabric in your stash. You got a lot done this week. Hope y’all have fun on your camping trip. I have to get some white fabric so I can get my NOVEMBER done. 🤗❤️💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Patti. The Rudolph fabric was from a scrub shirt that I found at the Goodwill and I just couldn't resist it. LOL. I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy stitching "November". Hugs.

      Delete
  4. You are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah you are the sweetest and I am so humbled. Thank you from the bottom of my heart dear. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Your Santas are so cute, both in floss and in fabric! And I love the Rudolph quilt, too. Maybe the Joy is in the process of working on it, but not necessarily in the product, if you know what I mean. Have fun stitching on it again this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the process of working on the quilt that brings me the most joy. Sometimes I am a little sad when I finish a project, but then I remember I will be on to the next. Thank you for the sweet words on my Santas. Have a super week, Diann. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. So many lovely things and the Rudolf quilt is going to be special so bright and cheerful. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Linda. I am looking forward to finishing Rudolph. I already know where it is going to go. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. The quilt is turning out very pretty and I'm sure you will see it finished soon.
    Thanks for the new cross stitch pattern.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Isabel. I do believe I will have a 2023 finish on this quilt after letting it linger for so long. Have a very lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. The quilt is coming along great and looks like you will have a finish soon. Love the Santa tree and the new stitched piece to go with it. Hope you have great camping weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jennifer. I do believe I will finish the quilt soon . I just have 2 more borders to go. I am looking forward to our camping trip. I have my fingers crossed that it will not be rainy. LOL. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Your Rudolf blanket is going to be very nice! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Birthe. It has been a joy to work on this quilt. I am looking forward to finising it soon. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. The tree delivery stamp is another treasure, I need to catch up with all the beautiful stuff you are sharing! It looks like your grandkids had a great Halloween and a lot of candy, great costumes!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diana. It was a quick stitch to work on. The kiddos had a great time on Halloween. It is always fun to see what costume they choose each year. LOL. Have a very lovley week.

      Delete
  11. So fun to pull out a quilt and add stitches to it. Wishing you a good week and a fun camping trip next weekend. That turkey is adorable... I might need to stitch him up this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun. When I pulled this one out, I wondered why didn't I finish it last year since I am so close to a finish. I hope you have a wonderful week and thank you so much , Deb. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  12. Fantastic job on your daughter's tree, Melisa! I think you should be an interior decorator!! Or at least a Christmas decorator. Our pastor's wife's mom decorates trees for people and she is always busy during this time of the year. She's quite talented, like you! I hope you have a great week with your goals. Thanks in advance for linking up at Monday Musings! Oh, and I get the slow as molasses thing...I'm there all the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah you made me blush and smile, Brenda; thank you so much. I enjoy decorating my daughter's tree each year; it is always loads of fun to see what theme she decides. I usually decorate my mom's tree as well. I still haven' t convinced anyone in the family to come decorate mine though. Hee! Hee! Have an awesome week and Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Melisa, you did a wonderful job on your daughter's Santa Tree. I don't do trees anymore because all the grands are grown and no great grands appearing anytime soon. :( But I do decorate with small trees and a sleigh and a Santa that is almost 30 years old. Candles with battery operated flames in every window until after the New Year. Lots of sweet Christmas Pillows filling every bowl that I am not using for food!! Love the new Prim Santa. I am so jealous, camping this weekend, enjoy and bring home sweet memories. Sending many hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , Mary your home sounds so warm , cozy and festive for Christmas. I know it is just beautiful. Don't you just love using the little trees? You can put them anywhere and they are so versatile. Aaah candles in the windows- I just love that . It brings back lots of fond memories. You have inspired me to pull my battery candles out. Thank you so much , sweet friend. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Your are a busy bee...love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I try my best to stay busy. I may not get a lot done, but I definitely try. Hee! Hee! Have a blessed week and thank you for the sweet visit . Hugs.

      Delete
  15. LOL. I would if I lived nearby, Vicki. Hee! Hee! Oooh I just love snowmen; they can stay out longer that the Christmas season. You brought a big smile to my day when I saw your Mr. McGobble. I hope you enjoyed each and every stitch. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah Melisa, your projects are so much fun to see! I would never question why you haven't finished your Rudolph quilt - I see all my UFOs every day! It sure is cute. Love your cross stitch pattern, and your decorations are wonderful! Your daughter's tree looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Linda. I guess I just enjoy pulling out the Rudolph quilt each Christmas and putting in a few stitches. I am looking forward to finish it though. Thank you for the sweet visit and enjoy your evening. Hugs. 

      Delete
  17. All your Santas are so cute! Maybe Rudolph is more about enjoying the whole process than rushing through it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Pat. I am certainly in the Christmas mood. I just adore this time of the year. I think you are right- the process of working on this quilt is my favorite. Since this quilt has lingered, it holds a lot of fond memories. I wish you a wonderful evening . Hugs.

      Delete
  18. The Rudolph quilt is really cute. Fingers crossed you finish it in time for the holiday this year. The Santa cross stitches are really cute too. Enjoy your camping trip this week and good luck with your to do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. I am bound and determined to have the Rudolph quilt completed by Christmas. I have been putting in a few stitches each day. Maybe I will have the quilting completed by this weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Ah, Melissa,

    Don't feel bad about Rudolph taking so long. Great things take time...or so I tell myself about the projects I have in bins waiting to be finished. You're hand quilting - that takes even more time than machine quilting...and I still seem to take forever to finish things. I did manage to get a photo taken of a quilt top that I finished sometime back. It's been waiting for me to get around to stitching some borders on the pieced backing so that I can put it on the longarm.

    Love the Santa tree...but then I am super fond of Santa in general.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Laurie. I am not sure why I have dragged my heels on this quilt because I do love it. I guess I have the tendency to chase squirrels. So many projects and so little time. Have a blessed day and Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  20. A very cute Christmas quilt that is taking you years to complete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Marsha. I do believe this will be the year to complete it. fingers crossed. Lol. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  21. Since I am playing catch up, I hope your get away was relaxing and fun and you got lots of stitching time in. Thank you for the new Santa stitch. Wahoo! You've reached the final step on the Butterfly quilt. The binding will zip by and then you can really dance a jig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had an awesome time camping, Ginny. It was nice and relaxing and the weather was fabulous. I was able to get in a little quilting as well. Oh yes, I was doing a jig when I finished Butterfly kisses. Eeeh! Hugs.

      Delete
  22. Yeeeaahh, you really deserved your happy dance!! Well done on all your lovely projects, and I'm sure that your Rudolf quilt will be finish one year on the other ;))
    Thank you for sharing so many pretties, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Frederique. I had a good week on the quilting front. I have been working on my Rudolph quilt this week. I am nearing a finish. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  23. Your dedication to your Rudolph quilt is admirable, and the journey of crafting is often filled with delightful distractions. Decorating your daughter's Christmas tree adds an extra touch of festive joy. Here's to the possibility of a 2023 finish on your quilt!

    Check out this page for information on Christmas furniture collection 2023 discounts and special offers on furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday