Blog Archive

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Tips For Printing My Charts - A Reference Post

Hello , my Sweet friends. This is just a Reference post on how to print my charts if anyone is interested.  I received a lot of these tips when I was sharing the Spring Stamps SAL and I thought it would be easier to refer ya'll back here rather than type them every time I post a freebie.

Thank you to each and everyone of ya'll who helped me and others on printing suggestions. Ya'll are the best!!!!

 If you have any other tips please , let me know. 

                   

Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts.  ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.

๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ

TIPS ON PRINTING THE CHART

So many sweet stitching friends have shared different ways in which they are able to get the charts. I would like to share them with you.    

*TIP 1- One of my dear stitching friends told me exactly how she was able to print the chart to the correct size. 

Using her phone she saved the image of the chart to her photo gallery and then emailed it to herself. From her computer or whatever device she was using she was able to then print the chart from her email and it came out without resizing it. It worked for her, maybe it would work for you if you are having trouble. 

* TIP 2 . Another stitchy friend said she did the same as in TIP 1  using her phone , but rather than emailing the chart to herself. She connects her phone directly to the printer and prints from there. Hmm! I learned something new again. ๐Ÿ˜€

TIP  3 Another dear stitcher said she enlarged the chart on her browser and then took a screen shot of it and then printed it.  She also saved the screenshot to her photos on her iPad for reference. 

TIP  4 Another  sweet stitchy friend said she clicks on the photos, presses the screen save buttons and then edits until she finds the photo she wants and then saves to photos. But she does not print it from photos because it comes out too small so she then saves it to books and  prints from there as an A4 size page.   How ingenious!! It works for her. 

TIP  5  Another option shared by another dear stitchy friend , said she right clicks the image. Several options will pop up Click  "Open image in new tab". Right click this new image and click "Save Image as..." Title it and hit save. It will save to your download file. Open and print.    

* TIP 6  Another sweet stitchy friend gave a great tip on how she creates a pdf to save for later.  On the iMac she saves each page to the downloads folder. The she uses "Command" & left clicks to select each file IN ORDER. Then wile all are highlighted , she right clicks and goes down to "Quick Actions" and selects "Create PDF" All 3 jpegs are tuned into one PDF file that she then renames to the pattern and moves it where she wants. She then deletes the jpg files to save space. When she is ready to stitch it she prints out her charts. 

* TIP 7 If you are using a computer , you might try this tip shared by another sweet friend. Right click on the page you want. Save. Right click on the image- Open with "Paint" Click on Resize. Change size of image from 100 to 200 pixels. Click OK- Then click SAVE. This saves the new size in the same folder the small sized file was.  

* TIP 8  One dear stitcher sends the image to herself in a text, scrolls down, and prints. She says it comes out perfect every time. 

---If you have any other tips, I would greatly appreciate it . Ya'll know I am not too tech savvy. I do well to have got this far. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

  ✀  ✀  ✀  ✀  ✀  ✀  ✀  ✀ 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

I get by with a little help from my friends. - John Lennon

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

7 comments:

  1. Good idea to have this in one place where you can link it instead of copying and pasting it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Susan. I know I will be referring back to it for help as well. Thank you so much dear Susan. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. So very very generous. I have no idea how you manage to create so many beautiful things. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment and visit. I can not tell you how much your kindness means to me. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I love your Saltbox series. The bluberry house, oh my! Simply delicious! Thank you so, so, so much for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I hope you enjoy the newest addition to the neighborhood. It was a delightful stitch for me to work on and a joy to share. Have a wonderful day . Hugs.

      Delete
  4. So many cute designs over the years, thank you for sharing these cuties with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday