Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Christmas at Underwood Lane- A Christmas Freebie

 Though this is another jammie kinda day with all of the  rainy weather that has set in, I will not be staying in today.  Mr. Pinker and I are going to venture out to do a bit of Christmas shopping.  

Good morning,  cupcakes and welcome.  A very Happy Tuesday to you. I hope you are way ahead of Mr . Pinker and I and already have your Christmas shopping done.   I do have some relatives that are fly by the seat of their pants shoppers and shop on Christmas Eve.🤣😲🎄🎅 No I won't wait that long. Lol. 

Freebie Flossmas has begun on Instagram. I have been enjoying seeing all of the fabulous freebies that are available, and of course, I have been enabled . So I  have set to the task of printing off  so many for myself.  One always needs a new start. Don't you think? 

  One of my most recent finishes  is "Joy , a freebie"from Luminous Fiber Arts. I stitched mine in DMC 498 . I was able to stitch it up in just 2 1/2 hours. Misty posted it on July 5, 2022 on her website. 

 I have a wee start on Stone Street Stitchworks "Home Again" freebie. Salma has all kinds of cute freebies as well. 

For me, December would not be complete if I did not share a new saltbox/ house stitch. This grand ole' house is called Christmas at Underwood Lane. It is a very simple Christmas here at Underwood Lane. I named this stitch after distant grandparents who did not live in a grand home, but their love I am sure made their children feel as though they did.  

This stitch measures 73 x 70  and on 14 count aida that would bring it to about 4 3/4" x 5".  

I used 9 DMC floss colors. The house is  stitched in 729 Medium Old Gold.  I have always dreamed of living in a yellow house. 🏡💛🤗

If you are interested in stitching CHRISTMAS AT UNDERWOOD LANE  ,grab the images below. Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts. 

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.







Ok, sweeties, wish me luck on my shopping adventure. I have tried to purchase as much online as possible, but there are some things you just have to go to the stores to get.  Have a beautiful day and ...
As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

May your days be merry and bright. 

Hugs and Stitches and warm winter wishes!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. who loved to shop.  Love and miss you. 

 If you have missed any of the other saltboxes, just click on the names below and you will be whisked back to a previous posts for your reading pleasure, and you will also find links to the charts as well. 

 Candy Cane Cottage , Thanksgiving House,  Autumn's Saltbox , Susan's Summer Saltbox ,    Crow Creek SaltboxOphelia Manor on Punkin Holler Lane ,  Willowisp Manor of Holler Lane  ,  Turkey Creek Manor ,  Winter Saltbox  , and Dorothy Mae's Spring House   ,  Spring Green Saltbox  ,  Katie Anne's Saltbox , Sarah Jane's 1776 Saltbox , Aunt Bea's Summer Home  ,  Christmas Eve Saltbox  , Edna Viola's Saltbox ,  Winter Manor  ,  Elizabeth Hartline's Saltbox  , The Tulip House  , Strawberry Saltbox  , Freedom Saltbox,   The Ole' Crow Saltbox ,    Aunt Mariah's Autumn Saltbox,    Candy Corn House,   Turkey Holler Saltbox 

20 comments:

  1. Another pretty salt box...THANK YOU Melisa!!!
    Good lucky with the shopping adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ivani. This was a joy to create and share. Have a wonderful week and Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Wishing you success on your shopping venture. I've actually done pretty good this year picking up gifts the last few weeks. As always, thank you for the links to keep our hands busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susie. As the kids get older they are getting harder and harder to buy for. How wonderful that you have been staying ahead of the game on gift buying. I used to be pretty good at buying ahead . I think it was easier buying for girls though. Lol. Have a great week, Susie.

      Delete
  3. I love the newest salt box house. As I've told you before, I'm not into counted cross stitch but if I did, I would certainly make these houses! I hope you have list made for the shopping, that helps a lot. Shopping for our children got much easier when the boys got to the age they wanted tools. The tool section of stores doesn't seem to be crowded as other areas. Happy stitching and baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday, Gretchen . Thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words on my newest little house stitch. It was a fun one to work on.   I have certainly have been struggling on deciding what to get the grandsons.Lol I bet you were relieved when gift buying got a bit easier.   You never can go wrong with tools.  Have a wonderful week and happy quilting. 

      Delete
  4. I love this salt box house, Melisa! All of my shopping except for my granddaughter, which we bought while in Pigeon Forge, was done on line. Just need some little things for their stockings and I'm done! Ready to wrap and get under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on the stick , Brenda! I am a bit jealous . Lol Great job ! Now you can sit back and enjoy the holiday festivities. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I worked on this little house this summer when we were on vacation and just recently finished it. I am glad to finally have it on display. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Another charming embroidery, Melisa !
    It's a beauty.
    Hugs from Seville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind , Isabel. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your sweet visits. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Ah Melissa! Your yellow house is beautiful! So cheerful and now I have to decide if I should make this one or one of the other salt boxes you have created, it's going to be a tough call!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diana. This one stitched up pretty quickly. I can not wait to see which one you choose. I hope you enjoy. Have a very lovely week. Hugs. 

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous!! I need to get stitching! I have the week between Christmas and New Year's "off", so I'm hoping to get a couple done then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Lora for the sweet visit and kind compliment. I hope that you have a very lovely vacation in the upcoming weeks. I know you are looking forward to it. Have a very Merry Christmas and I hope you enjoy this little design. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. I was just thinking my candy cottage house needed a friend. Can't wait to stitch this one. I love the color of the house and the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Every saltbox needs a friend. I hope you enjoy this little design. It stitched up quickly. The colors in this one just spoke to me as well. Have a very Merry Christmas . Hugs.

      Delete
  10. This grand house is a real beauty, Melisa! Thank you again for all of your wonderful designs throughout the year--you are a gem! And no--I have done absolutely no Christmas shopping except for my grandson :) So, you are not alone. Hope you got some done today ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. It was a fun little house to work on. Lol. I am so glad I am not alone on shopping . For some reason it is hard to get motivated on Christmas shopping this year. Lol  Hugs. 

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday