Blog Archive

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Mr . Snow SAL Block 5 A Jolly Fellow

 Good morning , Sweet Friends and  a very Happy Thursday to you. After a few days of tech troubles, I am back online ready to catch up on all that has  been going on. 

Can you believe this is the last day of November? It's time to get in full swing with the holiday spirit. 🎄🎅🤶

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  I  have ordered a few things online for the grandbabes . I haven't braved the stores yet. 

Frosty McChill quilt which was  a 2021 SAL.

Today is Embroidery Thursday, and I am so excited to share block 5 in the Mr. Snow SAL. This is a very quick embroidery. 

Mr. Snow looks quite stylish sporting his top hat in this block called A Jolly Fellow.  I colored his band in the hat and the scarf red.  Ever so slightly with the red crayon, I also gave him some color in those icy cheeks . 

There must have been some magic in the old silk hat the found. For when they placed it on his head , he began to dance around....

(Hee! Hee! Do  you think that you will be singing that tune in your head today? I know I will.☃😀☃)

So far I have shared: 

Block 1 Snowballs,    Block 2 Winter Friends,  Snow Mitten ,

Block 4 Waiting for Snow   and  Block 5  A Jolly Fellow

 INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a backstitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stemstitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  

4.   I used a French Knot on Mr. Snow's eyes. You do not have to include the French Knot;  you may want to add  teeny beads for eyes . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2". If you color tint your blocks, remember to place a paper towel over the tinted area and heat set with the iron.   The finished  block size in the  quilt will by 7" x 10" .

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃


My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect.
 

I am going to keep it short and sweet today. I hope to catch up on my messages and visiting all of the sweet bloggers over the weekend. Enjoy the last day of this month and ...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
A snowman is love and laughter all wrapped into one. 
Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤


LINKS THAT MAY STRIKE YOUR FANCY. 

Frosty McChill SAL - This is a link to the 12  Frosty McChill Snoman blocks that I shared in 2021.

2022-Flurry & Flakes SAL  This is a link to the Flurry & Flakes Snowman quilt. It includes 5 embroidery blocks. 

Sweeping Snowman Trifle A small cross stitch that I created to use as a scissor fob.  

2022- Everybody Loves A Parade- Well I Hope SoA Parade of Winter and Snowman Cross stitch and Doodles. 

Prim Winter Peace









32 comments:

  1. Bonjour Mélissa , oui j'ai commencé mes achats et cadeaux fait mains au mois d' août pour ne pas être en retard . Nous ne sommes que 6 en famille et que des adultes c'est peut être plus facile. Encore un gros merci pour ce joli SNOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon, Aline. I certainly wished I had done like you and started shopping earlier. I am sure it has taken away a lot of the stress of the season. I wish you a wonderful holiday season and thank you . Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Another cute embroidery pattern! You sure do love your snowmen! You must be the bringer of snow for so much inspiration! :-) Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Donna. I do love snowmen; I just wish we would get snow every now and then . Lol. Hope you have been having a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Your snowmen are all so cute. Gald you got the tech problems resolved, those are enver fun. I braved the computer yesterday and got a lot of shpping done. I'm tryin to get My Guy to commit on a shopping day sometiime soon. Good luck with your stiching and shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tech problems drive me crazy especially since I am not tech savvy but I am glad to be back online. I am glad to hear that you are getting a little bit of shopping done. I bet Your Guy is like Mr. Pinker and shopping is not one of their favorite activities. Lol. Enjoy your weekend and happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Tech problems can drive us nuts at times! Just simply love the new snowman in the top hat! Thank you for another great pattern. One kiddo present done, idea for another and have one more to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Vicki. I hate having tech problems, but so glad it is all worked out now. This was a quick little stitch. I sure did enjoy working on him. I wish you all the best on finishing your Christmas shopping and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I love Jolly Fellow. He is a cutie. Hope you have a great stitchy day. I am in Cozumel stitching your HolidayTree and I finished the barnyard goat. I can’t believe December is peeking around the corner. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Patti. How wonderful to be on vacation and I am so very honored that you took along some of my designs from your pinker pouch. Eeeh! I hope you enjoy them and especially enjoy your vacation. Are you on your cruise? Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. He was a joy to stitch. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Love today's snowman, Melisa. I've missed your sweet posts this week. Glad you're back. Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Darlene. It warms my heart to be missed. I hope you have been having a good week. It is hard to believe we are entering December isn't it? Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry to hear you've been having tech trouble this week, Melisa - that's always frustrating for us bloggers! Your newest Mr. Snnow has a fun hat. I'm still printing those out, but haven't started stitching yet. I have been working on Santa is on His Way, that you shared recently. My Christmas display needed a Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thursday, Diann. You are so right on how frustrating tech troubles are. It takes me awhile to figure things out sometimes when it comes to tech issues. Lol. I am so excited to hear that you are working on the Santa stitch. I hope you enjoy him. I just started a new one today. I am all into Santas this year. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Some fantastic Christmas birds, Gundi!!!
    They turned out absolutely ideal.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear Isabel. I always enjoy including a cardinal in my winter stitching and quilting especially with the snowmen. We have a lot of cardinals in our area and they are always a delight to watch. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. All of the Mr. Snow blocks are adorable, Melisa. I've been missing from blogland for the past month or so...I'll explain in a post in a couple of days. I'm happy to start catching up with your blog. Hope you tech issues are in the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jeanna. I have enjoyed working on Mr. Snow. I am already thinking about how to set them. I have missed you in blogland too; I hope all is well. I look forward to your next post. Enjoy your weekend and the Christmas season. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Another handsome snowman. They certainly look nice with the shaded colour added to the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jenny. I have really enjoyed adding the color to the fellas. Coloring is very relaxing. I hope you have been having a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Your stitcheries are always so precious! Thanks so much for sharing your gifts with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Denise, you are always so kind; thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you are having a lovely week and it is not too cold in your neck of the woods. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy quilting and stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Mr. Snow is indeed a jolly fellow. Thank you! I was wondering about you. Glad to hear your tech issues are fixed. Your real top hat is very cool! Does it fit you? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a fun little guy to work on and was a quick stitch too. I found that top hat at the Dollar Tree this year for $5.00. I have always wanted one and was going to try to make one. It doesn't fit me , but I think it would fit my grandson. Hee! Hee! I am surprised he hasn't tried it on. Lol. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Hi Melisa, love all of your patterns and have stitched 2 of the saltboxes. Thank you so much for sharing! I hate to tell you this but tonight I saw your Strawberry Saltbox with another designer’s logo on a pattern she recently claimed as her own in a mystery box. I can provide more details if you would like, just email me at jneely13@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, Jill . I am so touched by your kind compliment and very honored that you have stitched a couple of my saltboxes. I sure hope you enjoyed them. I truly enjoy creating and sharing the houses. Oh that is so disappointing to hear about the Strawberry Saltbox; it breaks my heart . I will indeed message you. Thank you for letting me know and for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  15. Happy Friday morning, dear Melisa! I have also done some shopping online. I hate going to stores and avoid if possible!! Our trouble is getting them to tell us what they want!! When the kids were smaller it wasn't a problem. Now that they are older, well, it's hard!! Thanks for the new Mr. Snow!! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday , dear Brenda and Happy December too. You sound just like me on Christmas shopping. Fortunately, my daughter makes a list of items for me on Amazon and then I just start ordering away for the kiddos. I agree it is hard to buy for youngins as they grow older.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend and best of luck on your Christmas shopping. Hugs. 

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very welcome, Susan. I am enjoying creating and sharing these little fellows. Enjoy your week. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday