Saturday, July 9, 2022

Christmas on the Farm- A Barnyard Christmas Freebie

Rise and Shine, my friends. Happy Saturday. 

              

Yesterday the skies opened up and it came a gully washer. 




We even got some hail. My walnut tree is dragging. How low can the limb go? It is like playing limbo to drive under it. 


You can barely see the house . Still I love that walnut tree. It provides me many of walnuts to dye fabric with.  


More rain is expected today. Plus we have a heat advisory in effect. How is the weather in your neck of the woods? 

Well, a little chick told me that I needed to be working on Christmas ornaments because there is only 169 days until Christmas. 😃🎅🎄🤶  How did that happen? July just snuck up on me. How about you? 


For the last couple of years, I have been putting up a Barnyard Christmas tree. 



This year I will be adding a few more ornaments to my collection. The first one is stitched but not FFOd.

         
 
This one is called Christmas on the Farm. 


Lookie how teeny those hens are. 

                           

If you are interested in stitching this little ornie, I invite you to check out the links to the jpgs below. 


Click here for instruction page. 

Click here for the Colored Chart. 



Click here for Black/ White Chart.  ( So sorry the chart is wonky looking ) 

Previous charts include: 

Chicken Sled ,   Santa's Ride ,  Special Delivery , Christmas BarnChristmas BucketChristmas Tractor , Santa on the Farm,  Mrs. Claus on the Farm , The Stockings Were Hung ,   Santa's Visit  ,  Hanging the Star .   , Skiing on the Farm  Farm Truck  , Baking on the Farm , and Christmas Goat   Bringing Home the Tree  Christmas Stocking , Christmas Stack   and  A Christmas Flock


I am thinking of finishing this one a little different than my previous ornaments, but we will see.  

Do you think my summer collection of hens will approve of my new stitch? I sure hope so. 

I sure do appreciate the sweet Saturday visit. I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with blessings  and as always...

Cluck Cluck!  I mean...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

The way I see it if you want a rainbow you gotta put up with the rain- Dolly Parton

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you. 


 

15 comments:

  1. Your collections are very sweet. You have done a nice job.
    Here in Southern Ontario, Canada. It has been very dry and
    hot for us. A lot of back and forth temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Janice. It has been a lot of fun working on these little stitches. Normally during this time of the year it is very dry too. The weather has certainly been crazy. Have a lovely evening and thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your farm collections and am saving them for my daughter who will be raising chickens soon.
    As for the weather, HOLY COW! We've been in the high 90's with "feels like" at least 105. It wouldn't be so bad except for the past 3 campgrounds we've been parked in the sun with no shade!
    Yep - Christmas in July! Time to work on Christmas ornies!
    Love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my Donna. It is never any fun when you have no shade at the campground especially this time of the year. I hope your air is working good and it is not too muggy when you are out. How fun that your daughter is going to have her own flock here soon. She will have a lot of fun tending to her new chicks. Have a great evening. Hugs

      Delete
  3. I am starting on my Christmas stitching. I am going to look through your Christmas charts to see if I can find something for a medium size sleigh. I have had that sleigh for two years. I just never found the right chart for it. I am using perforated paper for some of my Christmas ornaments this year as I find them easier to finish and lighter weight for my tree. Oh it is HOT here in No Alabama. We are expecting a cold front today and I am afraid it means severe weather but we sure do need rain. So glad you are home...I missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday, Arlene. It sounds like you are getting ready for some serious stitching. I have never stitched on paper before but have been very curious about it especially finishing them. I love the stitches finished on sleighs. We always watch the weather in N. AL which is just a hop , skip and a jump from us. Stay safe during the storms. Hugs

      Delete
  4. Your newest ornament is darling, Melisa! We are having a heavy drizzle here currently with showers and storms in the forecast. Boy, did it rain overnight! At the moment, it is 70 but the humidity is at 100%. UGH! Have a wonderful Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin; it was a fun and quick one to work on. If that was the same system that hit us yesterday , I know ya'll got a pounding. 70's sounds so nice without the humidity. Lol. Happy Saturday.

      Delete
  5. Love your latest design! I love all your designs! Thank you for sharing them all with us. I will gladly take some of that rain please. We have been getting a little, but I'd like to have more. It's been so hot and nasty! Come on Fall....just saying. Love your tree and all the lovely things you make and design sweet friend. Wishing you a Happy Saturday full of many blessings. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday, my dear. Thank you so much for the sweetest compliment. I had a ball stitching this little ornie and can not wait to work on another. Lol I wish I could send you some of the rain. Though the rain has been nice, I could do without the severe storms. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. At the moment I am embroidering your Christmas house and it is so much fun with Santa in his sledge and all the reindeer doing their best! I love your little houses, I already made several of them. Thank you for publishing the patterns. In the Netherlands the weather is perfect at the moment, not too hot. The earth can use some rain, maybe tomorrow? Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love all that you do. It is such a joy to be part of your adventures as well as your stitching. I am amazed with all your decorations. its such a joy to see all your some of your home. it would be great to just come and sit and visit with you. I live in New Brunswick in the south and the weather has been funny here rain and sunshine, hot and not so hot. Thank you for the time you take to let us into your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had thunderstorms here most afternoons, which helps cool things off. Such a sweet little ornament. I'm sure the rest of the chickens will welcome the newbie into the flock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tiny tobacco basket is just too cute. And I love that barn topper for the tree.

    We've had so many storms this year, it's been insane. We finally had to trim some of our walnut tree back because it was getting so close to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your free patterns. So cute! I love your barnyard tree too.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday