Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Frosty McChill Block 10-The March

Can you believe it?!!! We are already on block 10.  Just 2 more to go, and they will all be stitched up.  I know I have told you this, but I have enjoyed every minute of sharing Frosty McChill.  

            

So what is ole' Frosty up to today. Eeeh! He is on a march for more snow. 

Are you ready to do some  stitching? Well grab your needle and thread, and let's get started!!!

INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN FUN FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a back stitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stem stitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  I used 1 strand of 498 for the details in the snowman's face.   

4. On the snowflakes , I used a French Knot at the end of 4 of the points . You do not have to include the French Knot or you may want to add a teeny bead at each point . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2".


Click here for Block 10



If you have missed any of the previous blocks , just click on the names and you will be transported back to the posts. 

They include: Let it Snow"  and " Sled Time , The Tree March  and "Just a Sweeping!!!" , Chasing Snowflakes" , " Learning to Ski " , Mittens for Sale ,   Blown Away , and  Snowball Hunt .

Now, I am off to stitch Block number 11. Keep your needle on fire and I hope to talk to ya' real soon. As always...

Happy stitching and quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Be cool, stand tall and smile. Make people happy by just being YOU!!!!

Hugs and Stitches and warm Winter Wishes !!!!

                

Dedicated to my sweet sister , Amy who was always the life of the party. Miss you . 









6 comments:

  1. These snowmen are so cute, the quilt is going to be wonderful! I look forward to seeing the finished quilt by next Christmas, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving these snowmen! I am doing mine in DMC 826. I went to JoAnn's yesterday and bought some snowflake fabric that matched the DMC 826 perfectly, so I was so super excited, plus I got it 60% off, so I ended up buying all they had left on 2 bolts...I just couldn't leave it behind. Thanks for these super cute snowmen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderfully adorable snowman block, Melisa!
    Is the egg basket appliqued block one of your designs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for sharing these fun, fun, fun patterns! I look forward to these posts every week!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies