Blog Archive

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Heading Home and a Christmas Freebie

Home again , home again jiggety jig! 


Welcome y'all. Mr. Pinker and I are truckin' on down  the road making our way back home from our camping trip. 

As soon as I get back home and unpack , I am going to snatch up my Summer Days quilt and go to town quilting the borders. 
Summer Days quilt top. All of these designs were shared in 2022 as freebies. 
 
I will be using the Baptist Fan quilting design along the borders, and hopefully, in a few short hours the quilting will be completed. 



The quilting on the  top border is complete. 



Not only is it Slow Stitching Sunday, but it is Santa Sunday as well.  I will be working on a Santa stitch this evening, but in the meantime, I have a new stitch to share with you. 


Santa Is On His Way!  It is just a little prim quick stitch. 

Santa is On His Way  uses  some of the same floss colors as Old World Santa and Tree Delivery .  

There are 9 colors in this piece which include : 221, 223, 730, 782, 869, 407, 898, Blanc, and 3371

Santa Is On His Way and The Holiday Tree

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄






Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were.. 
🌞1. Camping trip.🏕 Mr. Pinker and I will be heading out on a camping trip for the weekend. 
🌞2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point.
✅🌞3. Continue working  on Butterfly Kisses binding. I finished Butterfly Kisses. Woo Hoo! I will be posting the finish this week.  
🌞5. Finish Block 2  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
🌞7. Quilt on Shine on Harvest Moon. 

Here I go again! Doing the Happy Hoedown for I completed 100% of my goals. 🤠💃💃💃

Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
🌞1. Bind Summer Days. 
🌞2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point.
🌞3. Work on my Easter quilt.
🌞4. Finish Block 3  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
🌞5. Bind  "Shine on Harvest Moon" quilt. 
🌞6. Start new saltbox. 
🌞7. Work on One Nine Patch A Day SAL.

 As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Sunday- a day to refuel your soul and be grateful for your blessings. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 


I fully finished  The Goode Huswife's "Three Crows" . It has been lingering for awhile. 




















 

36 comments:

  1. Preciosa la colcha y el acolchado!!!
    Muchas gracias por el nuevo Santa!! Es una preciosidad!!!
    Besos,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Pilarin. I have been working on the quilt all weekend. I hope to finish it soon. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a nice camping trip. Looks like you've got some fun plans for when you get home. Congrats on nailing all of last week goals and good luck with this week's goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to get away for the weekend, Kate. I am already looking forward to the next camping trip. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Enjoy your week.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you had a good time camping. Always nice to get away. Good luck with your plans for the week - will enjoying seeing what you've accomplished! And thank you for that third Old World Santa ornament! Love it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice relaxing getaway, plus the weather was nice as well. Hope you are having a fabulous week Donna and thank you . Hugs.

      Delete
  4. The new Santa stitch is adorable, Melisa. Awesome progress on your Summer Days quilt top! Hope you had a safe and uneventful trip home. How did the boys do with their fishing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I have been plugging away on the Summer Days quilt. I hope to finish it soon. The boys did not catch a fish. Lol. But they enjoyed being out on the lake and being among all of the other fishermen. They were over 200 boats in the event. It was a sight to behold. Hope you are having a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Love the idea of the Baptist Fans you're quilting in the borders. What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susie. I got hung up on the borders and had put the quilt in time out for a few months. I finally decided the Baptist Fan would be a quick quilting finish. I am loving how it is turning out. Have a great week . Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Glad you enjoyed some time away in your camper, Melisa! Your quilting will be so pretty with that Baptist Fan design. And I love your sweet Santa--just adorable! The finish of The Goode Huswife piece is lovely, too. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful time out and about, Carol. This was our 2nd trip in the truck camper. Thankfully we had good weather and a nice camping site. Thank you so much for the kind compliment on my newest Santa. He was a quick stitch. Have a fabulous rest of the week. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Santa is on his way, but alas the fall stitcheries are still not finished! I'm binding mini squirrel sampler today and just love him - look for his appearance on the blog next Sunday! And I still have to finish the mini pumpkins before I can move on to Christmas stitching... soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you are staying busy with fall stitching and finishes, Kathy. That is so exciting! And I am so grateful that you stitched my little designs. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for your Christmas projects. Enjoy your week and Happy Quilting and Stitching. Hugs

      Delete
  8. Love your Santa is on his way new chart. He goes good with the other new ones. Got him printed and ready to get him done. Glad you had a nice camping trip. It’s ALWAYS great to get away and enjoy the great outdoors. You got all your goals met—that is awesome. Enjoy your new week. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Patti. I have been enjoying working on these little Santa stitches on Sunday. They give me something to look forward to. I hope you enjoy this little guy. Have a wonderful day, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Santa on his way is terrific! Congratulations on meeting all of your goals. . .sending you a huge round of applause! Progress feels great!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. It was so nice to get all of those goals completed. I have my fingers crossed I can be just as productive this week. Have a fabulous day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Popping in to say hello! I'm still looking at your posts and still enjoy all your goodies. It's been busy in my world and more difficult to comment , but wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to hear from you Penny. I have missed you. I was thinking about you the other day as I was working on my Rudolph quilt. Oh I hope that all is okay. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers . Wishing you peace and a chance for things to slow down a bit. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  11. Hope you enjoyed your camping trip! The Summer Days quilt is looking wonderful, and so is the new Santa stitch. I'm working on Mr. McGobble right now, but I will surely be looking for a Santa to make very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice relaxing getaway, Diann. It was a pretty little campground right on the lake too. The kiddos had a great time which is the most important thing though. Your Mr. McGobble is looking as cute as a button. I hope you are enjoying it. Have a wonderful day and Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Your decorating is just so beautiful. Thanks so much for your freebies they are all awesome. I just love how cozy and country your home is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah I can not tell you how much your kind heart warming compliment means to me, dear.You just made my day! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! It is a small home but it is filled with love and of course a lot of country clutter. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Safe travels home! Glad you had a good time. A finish last week and close to another finish this week. You are doing great at finishing up your tasks. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Deb. I am on a mission to finish up some quilts by the year's end. Fingers crossed I can do that. Lol. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful quilt and decor Melisa! I'm also in love with your new stamp, thank you so much for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diana. I have been working on the quilt this week and hope to finish it very soon. I am so touched that you like my new stitch. It has been fun to work on these new Christmas stitches. Enjoy your week Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Oh goodness I love those crows! Not sure why I have a thing for them--must be they're always in Folk Art which I love? A lovely finish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Cheree. I have an affection for crows as well. We have a lot of them in our neck of the woods so anytime I see one in a cross stitch or even on a quilt I want to work on that project. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. What a cute quilt! Thanks for sharing the cross stitch project--unfortunately I have too many "have-to-do's" on my plate right now, although it is tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Carolyn. I am enjoying every stitch in this quilt. I have my fingers crossed to get it completed soon. I wish you great success in getting all of your goals completed. We just need more hours in the day don't we? Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  17. Kudos, GF! I didn't doubt for a minute that you would meet your goals! Thanks for the new Prim stitch. You are too good to us. Do you know that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Ginny. I had a good week . Aaah you are the sweetest; I think y'all are too good to me. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  18. Yea for a great finish! And thanks for the sweet cross stitch pattern(s). When I get out from under all the must do projects I just might try one your cute projects...especially since they are small! Thanks for providing all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Bonnie for the sweet visit and kind compliment. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and wish you a very productive week. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday