Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Candy Canes, Holly and Evergreens- A Christmas Freebie

There is a brand new Santa in town. Well at least in my house there is!!!!😀🎅

My latest Santa stitch is called "Candy Canes, Holly and Evergreens. " 

 I stitched this little in Santa in hopes of using a certain oval frame , but oh fiddlesticks,  the stitch was a tad too big . Fortunately, I found this oval frame which was the next best thing .  

I hope to find another frame here soon or I just might make this piece into an ornament, but for now this will suffice. 

In the background is A Cup of Christmas Cheer
and in the foreground is Candy Cane Cottage

 Santa has a bucket full of candy canes and evergreens. He is certainly ready for the season. 

 I stitched my piece on 14 count aida which I had coffee/ tea dyed. I used 9 DMC colors which included 221, 610, 3345, blanc, 937, 898, 842, 356, and  3371. 


Now let me tell you about my finishing. 😀

The oval frame was a thrifty find from the Goodwill for only $.99. Wooo Hoo for those thrifty finds!!!!   I dry brushed a bit of white paint onto it and called it a finish. 

The snowflake buttons were a purchase from Amazon - they  measure 1. 8 cm and are packaged under the name  Wingoneer  with a count of 200 pieces. I think I paid less than $5.00 at the time. 

The ribbon and large snowflake are from the Dollar Tree .

 The greens are cut from an old wreath and again I dry brushed some white paint onto the evergreen for a flocked look . Wallah! That's how I finished it!!!

If you are interested in stitching Candy Canes, Holly and Evergreens  ,grab the images below. Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts. 

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.





Yesterday  I started a new winter stitch. It is a new addition to my crock stitches and I hope to have it finished in by the day's end. 


Well , sweetie pies I have a crock to finish and a quilt to work on so off I go !!! Eeeh ! 12  more days until Christmas!  Thank you for the sweet Monday visit. 


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa
Santa works his jolliness right into your heart. 
Hugs and Stitches!!!  And Snowman Kisses. 
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  . ❤



30 comments:

  1. What a lovely design and beautiful finish! Thank you so much for all those lovely patterns. you're so talented and so very kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so welcome and thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words. I struggled with this finish, but I am so glad that I finally got the ole' jolly guy finished. Have a very lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Dear Melisa,
    what a beautiful frame with the stitched Santa... I love your sweet work AND christmas :0) You are so creative! Have a good christmas time....warm hugs from cold Denmark, Ulrike :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Ulrike. Your heart warming compliment means so much to me. I had hoped to use a different frame for Santa, but I am happy with the one that I found. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Stay warm and cozy

      Delete
  3. I love your new pattern - so cute. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. He was a lot of fun to stitch. I am over the moon to have him on display now. Have a wonderful day, my friend.

      Delete
  4. A beautiful design and a magnificent finish!
    In the pickled frame it looks especially beautiful.
    Thanks for the pattern!!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Isabel. I was hoping for a little smaller frame but this one worked out well and I do like the design on the frame. Have a wonderful evening, my dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Such a cute design and I LOVE the finish, Melisa! Thanks for sharing how you did that! My friend frequents the thrift stores often and always finds such neat reusable things! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. It was a fun piece to work on. I love going to the thrift stores. It is always like a treasure hunt. Have a very Happy Tuesday.

      Delete
  6. Your newest Santa is adorable, Melisa! Love that thrifty frame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I always try to pick up unusual frames at the thrift store when they are cheap. They eventually come in handy. Happy Tuesday

      Delete
  7. The cutest Santa! Love your designs. When I lost my quilting mojo and disappeared from blogland, I did some cross-stitching using your designs. So much fun! Show and tell in a future blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Astrid. I am so honored that you stitched some of my humble designs while you were on a quilting break . It is nice to have another hobby to fill the time when you just do not feel like working on the other. I look forward to seeing your stitching. Have a very Merry Christmas

      Delete
  8. Aaah thank you so much, dear Gretchen. Have a wonderful day and stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear . He was a fun little guy to work on. Wishing you a very blessed and joyous holiday and a happy new year.

      Delete
  10. How darling this is!! You are a truly talented and blessed designer! And so gracious to share so freely. Thank you, Melisa, and Merry Christmas to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Denise. He worked up fairly quickly .I am so delighted to add him to my Santa collection. Have a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  11. He is just the cutest, Melisa! I just printed the pattern and hope to stitch it next year. Thank you SO MUCH. You are just the best ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so honored, Carol. I hope you enjoy this little Santa as much as I did. Big hugs

      Delete
  12. What a sweet and lovely design Melisa! Oh no I want to make this one so badly too, what am I going to do? Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, dear Diana. I had a ball working on this Santa. It took me awhile to finish him , but I am glad I now get to enjoy him. I hope you enjoy this little stitch. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Your newest Santa stitch is such a jolly fella! Thank you for being so generous with all you do! The holiday photos are so festive! Could you remind me where the 12 Days of Christmas stitch is from if you remember. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. I do love Christmas time and going all out. The 12 Days was a freebie from Plum Street Sampler on her blog She shared it in 2015. I stitched mine for Christmas in July and loved every moment of it. She has other great freebies as well. Have a wonderful evening, my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. How lovely is this santa design....I LOVE it......It will go in my basket for Christmas in July stitching, I devote the whole month of July to just christmas....Also have to mention thank you for your salad recipe, also love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. He was a joy to create and share. I am so honored that he will be going in your Christmas in July stitching. How wonderful to start planning ahead; I need to do the same. I hope you try the cranberry salad; it is amazing. Have a very Merry Christmas .

      Delete
    2. You also have a wonderful Christmas holiday with you and yours.....thank you again for your generosity and kudos to you for accomplishing so much, you amaze me.

      Delete
    3. Aaah you are the sweetest. Thank you for bringing a smile to my evening. Hugs

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour