Blog Archive

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Mr. Snow SAL Block 2 Winter Friends

 Thursday Salutations , sweet friends. 

 I have been pulling out Christmas decor including my wee collection of camper mugs. I just love these festive caravans. 

Mr. Pinker and I are headed out on a weekend camping trip ourselves. Soon to follow will be my daughter, her family and my nephew ; the boys are competing in their  4th fishing competition.  While they are enjoying time on the lake with Mr. Pinker , I will enjoy my day in the camper stitching away, perhaps on a new snowman block. 


Speaking of snowmen, I am so excited to share the 2nd block for the Mr. Snow SAL- It is called Winter Friends.  


Mr. Snow has his feedsack in hand to feed his feathery friend. Thank you so much, dear Kris for the fabulous idea. 

 This time I color tinted the top of his cap, his jacket and the cardinal.  I also added French knots for the birdseed.  He is as cute as a button in my eyes. 

So far I have shared: 

Block 1 Snowballs

INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN FUN FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a backstitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stemstitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  

4.   I used a French Knot on Mr. Snow's eyes. You do not have to include the French Knot;  you may want to add  teeny beads for eyes . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2". If you color tint your blocks, remember to place a paper towel over the tinted area and heat set with the iron.   The finished  block size in the  quilt will by 7" x 10" .

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃



My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 


Well I am headed down the road , Sweeties. I am not sure if I will have service in the area we will be camping. If not, I will catch up with you when I get back home. Have a fabulous weekend, just in case I do not get to talk to you. 😘

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
Snowfall arouses the inner child to dream and play once more. - Angie Weiland Crosby
Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤


LINKS THAT MAY STRIKE YOUR FANCY. 

Frosty McChill SAL - This is a link to the 12  Frosty McChill Snoman blocks that I shared in 2021.

2022-Flurry & Flakes SAL  This is a link to the Flurry & Flakes Snowman quilt. It includes 5 embroidery blocks. 

Sweeping Snowman Trifle - A small cross stitch that I created to use as a scissor fob.  

2022 Chrismtas Parade A Look at Previous Freebies A  parade of Christmas  Stitches and Doodles. 

2022- Everybody Loves A Parade- Well I Hope So- A Parade of Winter and Snowman Cross stitch and Doodles. 










33 comments:

  1. What a lovely snowman. Thank you very much !
    Have a lovely time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Annelies. We had a great camping trip. It was nice to get away. Have a great week . Hugs

      Delete
  2. Merci Mélissa pour ce joli bonhomme de neige . Passez un bon week-end à la pèche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you very much, Aline. The boys had a wonderful fishing trip. They didn't catch anything , but still enjoyed the time on the lake. Hope you are having a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Amazing snowman... it will be a card next year, for sure. This year all are done, most thanks to your lovely doodles, even for the gift tags!
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. It just warms my heart to hear that you use these little doodles for cards and tags. How creative you are ! And I am very honored. Have a wonderful holiday season. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Your block 2 is stinkin adorable. Feeding the birdies like a good snowman. Hope you have a great camping time. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear Patti. Oh yes Mr. Snow has good to keep his feathered friends happy. Hee! Hee! Hugs.

      Delete
  5. This is darling! I love your Snowman embroidery blocks! I'm seriously considering making them this spring and having the grandkids color in each of the blocks! What a quilt that would be! And where did you get those darling mugs? Love them! Have a great day and wonderful time camping. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is such a wonderful idea, Donna and what sweet memories y'all would have working on the quilt together. I got the camper mugs at the Dollar Tree. Every now and then I find a mug at the thrift store too. I keep my eyes peeled for them. Hope you are having a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. So cute! Thank you very much!😊☃️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. It was a fun little doodle to work on . I hope you have a wonderful week. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. What a sweet snowman feeding his birdie friend! I hope the boys have a wonderful fishing tournament and you get in some good stitching, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. It was a fun little block to work on . Surprisingly, I did not stitch any on the trip, but I did quilt. So that was nice. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a fun camping trip. I hope the fisherman do well. The snowman is super cute!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. We had a great trip; the boys enjoyed every moment of being on the lake . It was nice to just sit around the campground , enjoy family and nature. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. You are so talented drawing up another new design! Have fun camping:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, Vicki; thank you so much. I have a strong affection for snowmen. Lol. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. An adorable snowman for this new Christmas pattern.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Isabel. I enjoyed working on this little snowman and look forward to sharing the next one. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Melisa, your Mr. Snow and Friends designs are so sweet! They bring a smile every time I see them. How could a person choose which set to begin? I did crayon coloring on a set of Sunbonnet Sue's last year for a charity quilt. It was so much fun and I loved the results. Thanks once more for sharing your skills with us. Kris
    P.S. So happy to see the little cardinal again. He could be your personal signature! K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kris. I am so grateful that you gave me so many ideas to work with too. Oh I bet your Sunbonnet Sue was adorable. She is a fun little gal to work on isn't she ? I made a Sunbonnet Sue witch quilt years ago. I still need to quilt her. Wishing you a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Enjoy your camping trip. Good luck to the boys with the fishing. Hope you get in lots of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. The kiddos had a great time. I did not work on a lot of stitching but I did get in some quilting time which is oh so relaxing. Hee! Hee! Have a wonderful evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Oooh, I really love this one, Melisa!! I love cardinals.Thank you! Have fun on your camping trip and stay dry! Our kiddos are heading to one of the state parks for camping this weekend too. All of you stay safe! Tell those boys to have fun fishing and bring in the big ones!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. I have an affection for cardinals as well. Usually we have bookoos of them visit our feeders during the winter. Well the youngins' didn't catch a fish, but they had loads of fun and found a few lures on the bank so they were happy. I hope your kiddos had a lot of fun camping as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. This newest block is so adorable, Melisa! What a cute series! I hope you all have a great time camping and that the boys reel in lots of fish! Have a relaxing weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Carol. He was a fun little guy to work on. I have been working on the blocks each night ; the slow stitching is so relaxing. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Love your banner of thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I truly enjoy the Thanksgiving season. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oops! That wasn't suppose to happen. Block 2 is so perfect. We keep feeders going year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I loved working on this block Ginny. We keep feeders up year round too, though Mr. Pinker he did not feed the birds as much this summer. I just adore seeing all of the cardinals come to feeders come winter time. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday