Blog Archive

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Are you sick of Christmas? A Christmas Flock - Barnyard Christmas Freebie

     Saturday , Saturday

    Marks a good day.

    It's finally the weekend, 

    Let's all say Hooray!! ....

Happy Saturday, sweetie pies. Yesterday evening , I told you it was spitting snow, but oh, bother. It did not lay. 


It's Winter Time was a freebie from Les grilles de Maryse. which was on her blog. I have trouble getting  on the blog now and do not know if it is available or not. 

The winter weather is moving northeastward so many of you may have experience a blizzard. I hope all is well ,and you are staying warm and cozy. 

 Dear, sweet Carol at Stitching Dreams is hosting the 12in22ornamentstitchalong this year. Twelve ornaments surely I can do that!  I hope to keep my feet to the fire  and stitch an ornament a month rather than stitching a bunch the last couple of months of the year. (You know how I sometimes get distracted by squirrels. ) 

Thank you Carol for keeping us motivated and inspired!!! 🤗❤💚🎄🎅

My first ornament for the year is another  Barnyard Christmas stitch. 

  I have had this one out on  display all January because it does not scream Christmas. 

 A snowman is surrounded by his flock of sweet hens.  

Now tell me . How can you resist a snowman with chickens? Lol.  I know I can't.

If you are interested in Christmas Flock, please check out the links below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart and not downloads.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for Instruction page. 

Click here for charts. 


  Speaking of chickens. My sister's hen, Henny  had a bunch of little babies. She would not stay in her pen no matter what. 

Alas the other night a fox got in the henhouse and took mama and the babies. I am broken hearted to say the least. This spring I hope to get some chicks to raise at my sister's . She loved her animals, and it is not the same without having a few critters there. Though we still have Foghorn Leghorn aka Roger. Lol. 

 I will leave you with a look at last year's Barnyard Christmas Tree.

 Lol did I hear someone say uggh I am sick of  seeing Christmas ? Aaah come on!  We can handle a bit of Christmas each month.. 

 If you missed any of the other Barnyard Ornaments , click on the names below to visit previous posts and links to the charts. 

Previous charts include: 

Chicken Sled ,   Santa's Ride ,  Special Delivery , Christmas BarnChristmas BucketChristmas Tractor , Santa on the Farm,  Mrs. Claus on the Farm , The Stockings Were Hung ,   Santa's Visit  ,  Hanging the Star .   , Skiing on the Farm  Farm Truck  , Baking on the Farm , and Christmas Goat   Bringing Home the Tree  Christmas Stocking and Christmas Stack  .

  Thank you for the fabulous visit , dear friends . As always.... Happy Stitching, Ya'll. 

Melisa

Where ever you go , no matter what the weather , bring your own sunshine!

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet chicken loving sister, Amy. I love ya, Amo. 

9 comments:

  1. So sorry about your chickies. I love the little snowman stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowman ornament is adorable, Melisa. I am sorry about the fox taking the chicken and the babies. Bad fox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many cute ideas! Love the snowman with chickens, and why not?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely have so many cute ideas! I could stay busy just stitching your patterns. I love that you share your patterns and talent. Thank you! Love the snowman with chickens - so stinkin' cute! So sorry about the naughty fox - my grandmother would have been madder than a wet hen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Snowman with his chickens and I stitch Santa every month from Prairie Schooler! I really enjoy looking at your special trees, thank you, so many great ideas. So sorry about Henny and babies, she was a very good looking girl. Foghorn Leghorn Roger is not too hard to look at either, handsome guy!! Looking forward t o a little warmer weather here in Arizona, sending hugs and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm never sick of Christmas! As you know I've stitched a monthly ornament since 2010 and this year I'm concentrating on stitching some of those lovely larger Christmas samplers that are available. So glad you are participating in the 12in22 SAL! You are such a prolific stitcher you could probably stitch 5 in a month :) Enjoy your weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quel dommage que le renard soit venu voler cette jolie famille. Je me lasse pas des décors de Noël. Merci pour les jolies photos et les jolies grilles. Bon week-end 💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the snowman with chickens. Definitely not just for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had a great visit with your blog tonight. You are so talented, I love your tree.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Farm Friday Rambles