Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Christmas Blessings Freebie and my Christmas Hutch Tour

 Good morning, friends. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I thought today , I would share my Christmas hutch.  Let me warn you this is a photo heavy post. 📷

        

Many of you know that I cram this sucker full of country goodness. No minimalist here. Well lets' take a gander at my hutch.  

Though you can not tell, I started off putting red and white buffalo checked fabric as shelf runners.  I layered red Dollar Tree plates with some thrifted white ones.  Have I told you that I am a plateaholic " . I just love displaying plates and bowls. Lol. I know some of you can relate.

 Any whoo - on to the top shelf. 

 In the corner is a little red compote dish housing a Hobby Lobby Santa mug and some vintage napkin rings.  Beside it is a "vintage looking" sign from Walmart.  

My pride and joy is the Santa pitcher. I am plumb smitten over him.  🎅❤🤗👀

A Santa mug, a Dollar General sign and some jadeite round out the top shelf corner. 

I always have the same little vintage salt and pepper shakers on my shelf. My dear sister always found them at thrift stores for me.  

Hopping on down to the 2nd shelf you will find vintage and reproduction jadeite.

  In the jadeite measuring pitcher is a Santa mug . Beside it are some of the cutest vintagey Christmas ornaments gifted to me by dear, Shelly. They even play music. Aren't they just as cute as a button? 

 Shelly also gifted me the teeny Santa mug with a tree ornament- doesn't he look like my Cup of Cheer Santa?  Oh, I love these, Shelly- thank you! 


 The little cookie jar on the jadeite bowl makes me smile with his cutting eyes.  👀

      

My newest thrifty find is the Toyland Peanut Butter tin.

 In my vintage juicer I placed a red Dollar Tree bowl with a vintage mug and a bottle brush tree.  

Let's cruise on down to the bottom shelf. 

Two of my favorite cookie jars sit on the bottom shelf and they are big babies for the take up most of the room. I won't tell you how many Christmas cookie jars I have sitting out through out the house. 😳😃🍪 Lol. 

 I got the camper and the truck at 2 different Walmarts I think 2 years ago  . Mrs Claus is behind the camper as Santa stands outside of the camper.

 On the vintage scale is a vintage crocheted doily and a thrifted plate filled with bottle brush trees.

            

  Below my hutch is some of my tin collections including some Coca Cola pieces. 

  

  The camper tree which is located in the corner did not receive all of its adornments, but that is ok.

                  

 The tree is nestled in an old Eagle Snacks tin and is on top of an old milk crate. Do you remember the old metal milk crates? You don't see them anymore.  Lots of little advertising Christmas tins are surround the tree. 

Well , that is just some of my country clutter  for the month of December. 

           

Yesterday, I received so many  lovely compliments on my Christmas Blessings pinkeep. I stitched it last year. 

I am sharing with you how it was charted , but you can tell that I extended my border around my stitch. I just did this by eyeing it and never charted it. I will try to chart my stitched version in the future and post  it here. But for now here is the original version of Christmas Blessings just in case you are interested. 

Click here for the Instruction page. 





Click here for the Charts. 

                      

Thank you so much dear friends for stopping by to see my Christmas Country clutter . I wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope you find some time to relax and enjoy the holiday amid all of the hustle and bustle. As always...

Happy stitching and decorating, ya'll

Melisa

May you be blessed with the spirit of the season, which is peace;  the gladness of the season, which is hope , and the heart of the season , which is love. 

Hugs and Stitches!!! 

Dedicated to my sweet sister Amy who loved thrifty finds just as much as I do. Every moment with you was a blessing. Love ya, Amo. 

17 comments:

  1. Your Christmas Country clutter is fabulous! I don't decorate much for Christmas, but your display is sure making me want to. I love all the little objects you have accumulated. One thing we both have is the jadeite measuring pitcher! I think I picked up mine at an auction many years ago. I do have a beat up plastic Santa figure that was my son's when he was little. It has a round bottom and when you push it, it stands back up. I think I will have to dig it out and some other odds and ends, put them in the jadeite pitches and display it for Xmas. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas in the hutch looks fabulous! Where did you find the little Merry Christmas deer "book"? What a precious chart you shared, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!!!! But you knew that i would!! LOL!! So many charming treasures displayed here in this lovely festive hutch!! I just love it all...No Minimalist here either!! LOL!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! I will be coming back here often to see and see again 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable!!! Love all your seasonal decorating and the precious patterns you gift to us. I visit you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Santas are all so adorable! Loved seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the Christmas Blessings freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun tour of your Christmas hutch, Melisa--you must have been collecting treasures for many, many years! Your little Christmas Blessings is an adorable freebie--simple yet effective. Thank you! Have a wonderful evening ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything today!! Your hutch is so festive and merry, it helps to put me into a holiday spirit. May your day be the best and thank you for the beautiful stitchery. Love and hugs from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi from Scotland! You have so many beautiful Christmas bits and pieces! Love the bright colours. Thanks for a gorgeous freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being a minimalist is over rated--me, surrounding myself with things I love and which sing to my heart make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much pretty!!!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always so much fun to see your hutch decor change with the seasons/holidays! You must have a very large storage closet;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you've decorated your hutch! And thank you for the new chart :-)
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully decorated .... thank you for the stitchery instructions and a Very Merry and Blessed Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have so many beautiful vintage Christmas things Melisa. There is so much to see.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday