Blog Archive

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Santa's Hens- A Christmas Freebie

Good morning, Sunshine and happy Saturday.Oh, I am so delighted you stopped in for a visit. Question:  Where has this month gone? It just flew by in a blink of an eye for me.  How about for you?   Well to say farewell to a wonderful month, I wanted to share another Christmas stitch with you.

Let me introduce "Santa's Hens".    Santa not only loves his reindeer but he loves his chickens too. 😀🐔   Well, they are not actually his. Do you recognize these gals? 

                           

Yep, it is Edna, Dorothy Mae and Alma who are usually hanging out with Annie in another series like in Snowflakes , Sledding and Chickens

These gals have picked up one extra hen when they went to visit , Santa. Her name is Ruth; she's Edna's best friend.  Aren't they the cutest? 

                                

 If you are wondering, Edna is sitting on the tree( she is pretty fiesty ) and Ruth is on Santa's  extended arm.  lol 

This is a small with a design size of  42 x 42  . I stitched mine on 14 count aida that I tea/coffee dyed. So the measurement on 14 count aida is about  3" x 3"  .  

I finished mine on a piece of batting wrapped foam board and added a black and white gingham ruffle from a thrifted bed sheet. The red finishing fabric is from an old shirt. I added a bit of greenery and a bow made from Dollar Tree ribbon. I may add an embellishment to the center of the bow once Christmas items come out  in the stores . 

It looks pretty cute paired with Mooey X-mas

If you would like to stitch, Santa and the gang, I invite you to check out the pdfs below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for the instruction page

Click here for the colored chart.



Click here for the black and white chart.


These sweet little hens would look so cute stitched in other colors too. I seem to be smitten with stitching black chickens for some reason . 

I would like to tell you that  I am so grateful that you stopped by for a sweet visit. I hope you have a lovely day, and if it is a scorcher in your area, stay cool and dream of winter. Lol. As always...

Happy Stitching, ya'll

Melisa

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. 

Hugs and Stitches! 
















14 comments:

  1. Very, very cute! Our hot weather has cooled down for a couple days, makes for great sleeping at night! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gretchen. We had a cool snap of weather the 1st part of July and now we are paying for it. It was 100 yesterday and muggy. Today is another hot one. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the cooler weather. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Another adorable stitch!! Of course Santa loves chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Penny. I had such a good time stitching this one. I try to make at least one Santa ornament a year with a chicken for my grandson who used to love chickens. Now he is all into fishing. Lol. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I can not wait to add him to my tree this year. I am already brainstorming on Christmas decorating. Lol . I hope you are staying cool and getting in a lot of stitching,

      Delete
  4. LOL--Santa and his chickens!!! Very country! And super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Nancy for the sweet visit and compliment. I try to stitch a chicken and Santa ornament for my grandson each year who loves chickens. It is a lot of fun and sometimes challenging. Hope you have a great week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. Another smile maker from you.
    I wish we could live in the peaceful,happy world you create with your charming cross stitches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Maureen. Wouldn't that be so nice. At least stitching them provides a little escape at least it does for me. Sometimes , I just cut off the tv and stitch in peace . It is so nice and relaxing and it is even better when I can stitch outside and dream the day away. Lol . Have a great week, my friend.

      Delete
  6. What a cute little stitch to go with Mooey Xmas, I love that you have added the hens names. I love that Santa has Chicken Legs! My son when he was a toddler, would not wear shorts because his legs were thin "chicky legs". Your stitcheries always inspire a sweet memory for me and that does keep my heart calm and happy. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah that makes me so happy , Mary that I bring back fond memories to you. I knew as soon as I started I wanted a skinny legged Santa. My grandbabies are as skinny as rails and have love thin legs too. Lol.They are adorable. Hope you have a fabulous week, my dear. Big hugs.

      Delete
  7. Santa and the hens is a very cute project. Hum, I wonder if the hens leave eggs for Santa? Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Bonnie for the sweet comment and for the giggle. Eggs would be a great gift for Santa. Think of all of the sweets Mrs. Claus could bake. Lol. Have a great week.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Hitching Up the Wagons and Heading South...