Monday, July 27, 2020

Christmas Barn- A Christmas in July Freebie

Hey, yall.  Can you believe this month is rolling to a close? So  many of you have been posting the sweetest Christmas projects that you have been working on. I have been so inspired and motivated  by seeing your stitching and finishing. I have another addition to my little Barnyard Christmas series, and it is called "Christmas Barn". It is a quick, easy stitch with a little, old, red barn with  a wreath on it.   

My Papa and Nanny had an old red barn where we stored hay and tobacco. It was so much fun to climb the tobacco poles  or help stack the hay. That barn is long gone, but luckily I was able to save scraps of wood from it.  I thought of Papa's barn as I stitched this piece; the roof however I stitched in gray because dad has his tin barn roof painted gray  from time to time.

  I stitched 2 of these little ornaments in a day. They are small with the stitch size measuring 31 x 31 which on 14 count aida brings it to about 2 1/4" squared. The first one I stitched on coffee/ tea dyed aida.  I finished it as a flat finish using foam board , raffia and jute twine from the Dollar Tree. The greenery is just snips off of an old Christmas wreath. 
The 2nd ornament I stitched on Rit Emerald green dyed 14 count Aida. I then dipped it in a bit of tea as well.  It was finished as a flat ornament with fabric covered foam boards. I twisted old homespun to make a cording to go around the edge of the foam boards. Jute twine was used as the hanger and the red ribbon came from the Dollar General for just $2.00. I love that ribbon. 

I hope you consider adding these to your Christmas stitching list. I am making these for my Farm themed Christmas tree that I hope to create. There will be 2 more coming in the next 2 weeks if nothing happens so I hope you will check back in with me.  Then I may move on to Autumn stitching.   
If you are interested in stitching  "Christmas Barn " click on the colored text for a pdf download. 
Click here for instructions. 

   Click here for colored chart. 

 Click here for the black and white chart.  

If you haven't checked out the previous ornaments, click on the colored text and it will take you to the other ornaments that I have  completed and offered as freebies. They are  Chicken Sled, Santa's Ride  and Special Delivery.  

 
 I would love to see your stitching. Please tag me on Instagram using  #pinkernpunkinquilting  or you can Direct Message me I would also love for you to follow me on Instagram and on the blog.  Thank you so much for checking my stitches out , and spending a little time with me.  And check back next week ; hopefully there will be another one. As always...
Happy Stitching, ya'll
Melisa

2 comments:

  1. I so appreciate it, Deb. I have a vision of a farm themed Christmas tree so I am trying to make ornaments but I also am trying to think of some accessory ornaments to go with them. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle