Blog Archive

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Slow Sunday Christmas Stitching and a Christmas Freebie

It is a beautiful Sunday in the holler. We are still enjoying warm days and pleasant nights where I can leave the windows wide open. I think I could enjoy this weather year round. 🤗🌞

Welcome, sweet friends and a very happy Slow Stitching Sunday to you. 

Do you have grand plans for the day or are you going to enjoy a nice quiet day at home doing whatever strikes your fancy? 








The family will gather at my mom's for the oldest nephew's 14th birthday party. Cake and ice cream is on the menu plus whatever he convinced my mom to fix for dinner.  He is all into fishing so I will decorate in the appropriate theme and gift him money so he can buy his favorite lures or maybe a rod. 

 

While I am visiting, my nimble fingers will weave a needle and thread on  a Christmas project. In July and August , Joy at Days Filled with Joy hosted a free Tis The Season SALI believe the pattern is still available. 

 I will work on the embroidery today.  Joy has generously gifted a SAL project for each season. I still have "Summer" in the wings .  Thank you Joy for all that you do. 🤗

It is Santa Sunday so that means I will be working on a Santa stitch today!

Eeeh ! I am so excited to show you my newest prim simple  Santa stitch that I began this week!


 It is called Christmas Day- just a wee Santa, some reindeer, holly and a tree or two. 

Christmas Day is the 4th in the Prim Christmas Series and   uses  some of the same floss colors as Old World Santa , Tree Delivery , and Santa Is On His Way 

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄







Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were.. 
❌🌞1. Bind Summer Days. I still need to finish bit of quilting and then add the bindings.  
🌞2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point.
🌞3. Work on my Easter quilt.
🌞4. Finish Block 3  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post. Mr. Snow was snuggled in a big red mitten in the 3rd block called Snow Mitten.

🌞5. Bind  "Shine on Harvest Moon" quilt. 
🌞6. Start new saltbox. 
🌞7. Work on One Nine Patch A Day SAL.

Whoa there Nelly!  No Playtime for me for I did  not meet my goals for the week.  I made a grade of a 43. Yikes an F!  Well I certainly will try to do better next week. 😀😁

Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
🌞1. Bind Summer Days. 
🌞2.Work on Hinzeit's November Point.
🌞3Start new saltbox.
🌞4. Finish Block 4  in the Mr. Snow SAL for  Thursday's post.
🌞5. Bind  "Shine on Harvest Moon" quilt. 
🌞6.  Work on One Nine Patch A Day SAL.
🌞7. Enjoy family time and  gobble till I wobble at our Thanksgiving feast.

Well, I better get off here before I chat your ears off.😀🤗 But before you leave I just want to tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of you. It warms my heart that you take time out of your busy day to spend it with me. Thank you , sweet friends. ❤🙏 Have a beautiful day and...

 As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Sunday- a day to refuel your soul and be grateful for your blessings. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Butterfly sighting of the day. This yellow butterfly fluttered around me all day while at Mom's.- A sweet sign.  

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. I miss your special birthday parties and all the joy you brought.. Love you , Amo. 




I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 











34 comments:

  1. Morning Melisa, I LOVE your Prim Christmas Series, I have spent at least an hour looking for my finished Old World Santa. He is hiding somewhere🤷‍♀️🥲 waiting for me to finish the rest of that series I guess. The rest of the series is going on our cruise with us next week. I hope to finish them before we get back home. I hope you have a wonderful day today and a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. It’s alright to not hit your goal once in a while, life does get in our way at times. You’ll get it done. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you have the most delightful and relaxing cruise, Patti. How fun!!! Thank you so much for stitching this little series. I hope to add one more this year. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and a safe trip when you travel. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely time at your nephew's birthday party. It so nice your family leaves close by. We leave this evening on Amtrak for Maryland to visit our oldest son and his family for Thanksgiving. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you a very safe trip as you make your way to visit your son and I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful birthday celebration for my nephew and are looking forward to gathering again for Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  3. Love your new Prim Santa - love all of them. Saving them for next year! Do what you can this week but enjoy your time with family at the birthday party and at Thanksgiving. That comes first! I had all kinds of plans this week and got so little done. There's this coming week, next week, and the week after...and the week after...etc., then there's Christmas... :-D! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh it is a busy time of the year isn't it, Donna? I am trying to get what I can completed, but it still seems to pile up. Lol. Thank you so much on my new prim Santa's. They are fun and quick stitches. Have a very Happy and blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to oldest nephew! Enjoy your slow stitching while hanging out with the family. You made progress and that's what counts on your to do list. Your santa crossstitch is really cute. Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. My nephew had a great day. The kiddos are all out of school for the week so they are enjoying their vacation. Have a wonderful day and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Lovely new Santa, Melisa! Wishing your nephew a very happy birthday! I think you accomplish quite a bit each week. Enjoy the days leading up to Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. These little simple Santas are fun to stitch. My nephew had a great birthday. It is hard to believe he is already 14 . Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. That is a beautiful new stitch for the Prim series, so pretty! Happy Birthday to your nephew! And I hope you get to stitch some more while enjoying the celebration. Thanksgiving is almost here and I can't believe how quickly it has been! It's going to be busy in my kitchen next week, so in case I don't get to come to your blog till then, may your Thanksgiving be full of happiness and blessings!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Diana. I am enjoying these little prim Christmas stitches. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. I know you will be cooking up a storm. Enjoy your family , sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your day sounds fun! My day will be a quiet one of doing whatever I want because hubby loves to watch football on Sundays. :) Your Santas are lovely - such a sweet series. Of course I love your snowmen, too. There are so many fun things to stitch! Have a wonderful Sunday, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a delightful Sunday and the nephew had a grand birthday. It sounds like your Sunday was an enjoyable one as well. I hope you got a lot accomplished. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Feliz cumpleaños de tu sobrino!!! No hay nada mejor que las fiestas familiares!!!
    Muchas gracias por el nuevo Santa. Es precioso!! Qué creativa y generosa eres!!!
    Feliz Semana!!
    Besos,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Pilarin. My nephew had a wonderful birthday and it was so much fun to have the family all gathered in celebration. I hope you have a very lovely day and happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday to your oldest nephew. How great that he gets to celebrate with lots of family! I love your latest Prim Santa. I've been playing with my youngest granddaughter and consequently making no progress on my quilting projects. . .She will be returning to London in about a week so I've been getting in as many cuddles as possible!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do not blame you for wanting to get in as much time with your sweet granddaughter as possible. Grandma time is so precious. Enjoy your sweet visit with you dear granddaughter and Happy Thanksgiving, Terry. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. It is definitely time to work on Christmas projects! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love this time of the year. Thank you so much, Gail. I hope you are having a very lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Hope you’ve had a super day with your family and that you managed to do some stitching too. Love this latest series of Prim Christmas. I hope to start on the “Christmas Day” soon, but I keep liking your latest stitch and not managing to actually stitch one before you have issued another!!! 😂🤣😂🤣 Hope you’ve had a wonderful day. 😁👍🙋‍♀️💜🤗 Barbara xxx @flashinscissors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear Barbara. The nephew had a wonderful celebration with the whole family in attendance. I am so thrilled that you like these simple little Santas; I am so touched. I hope you enjoy each and every one. You will get them stitched when you get the chance. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving Melisa. I am thankful for your beautiful designs that you share so freely with us stitchers. You are a blessing. I am seeing more and more floss tubers talking about your designs. I will be stitching a few of your smalls in the New Year. When I saw your little bell ringer girl at the top of the post I had a big smile on my face because I have one of those too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah Arlene, you are the sweetest. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a blessing to me as well. I am so honored that you will be stitching some of my designs this upcoming year. I sure hope you enjoy them. Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs

      Delete
  13. I am enjoying your Prim Santa series. Thank you. Enjoying family time always takes priority. Always! People over things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much , Ginny. I am enjoying sharing these simple prim Santas. I think this time of the year is my favorite when the family gathers for birthdays and holidays. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. It's going to be a fun Birthday Party! Your Santas are wonderful, cute and pretty. Love them all!
    Thank you for sharing your happy place, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet nephew had a grand day, Frederique. It is hard to believe he is 14 already. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and I wish you a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Another fun Santa, Melisa--thank you! I love the style of this series. Hope you had fun at the birthday party AND got some stitches put in. And I hope your new week is off to a wonderful start ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. I am enjoying sharing these simple prim Santas. They are quick stitches too. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving to you! As always, your post bubbles over with joy and generosity. Thank you for sharing! Patricia in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you from the bottom of my heart, Patricia. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with blessings and love. Hugs

      Delete
  17. ON your Snowman in the mitten, did you color it with a fabric crayon? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have some cross stitch that needs attention. I just can't seem to get to it as following the pattern requires attention.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday