Blog Archive

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Frosty McChill Quilt Along - Block 3 The Tree March

Good morning, I have my needle and thread, and I am ready to work on some embroidery ! How about you?  

Thursdays are my "Frosty McChill " embroidery days. A quick little project to work on while baby sitting . So far I have shared " Let it Snow"  and " Sled Time  ".


I have already drawn out a new block to work on for the day. 


When you are tracing the design onto your fabric, please use whatever makes you comfortable whether it be a Frixion pen, or a  transfer pen/ pencil. I am just using a simple mechanical pencil. It was ready available and is light in color. Sometimes I draw mine so light that I  even have to refer back to the design to check my lines. 👀Two strands of floss certainly covers the lines  well.   

Today's block is called " The Tree March" . 

Frosty McChill and little Rae Rae who is sporting the cutest bandana and boots each have a pine tree in tote.  I think both of them turned out pretty darn cute if you ask me. 

             

 INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN FUN FUN!!!  

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a back stitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stem stitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  I used 1 strand of 498 for the details in the snowman's face.   

4. On the snowflakes , I used a French Knot at the end of 4 of the points . You do not have to include the French Knot or you may want to add a teeny bead at each point . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2".

Click here for the embroidery pattern. 


While I was camping this past week, I made a little jaunt to the Walmart in Paducah. There I found some beads that might work for the eyes or buttons. 

           

The are from  Cousin D.I. Y. and are made of glass. They were just $1.98. 

                        

 I placed a few beads on Frosty so you could gauge the bead size  based on the buttons and eyes.  Of course, you can certainly make the eyes and buttons any size you want; this is your little stitch.  

 Yikes! Frosty looks like a triclops in the photo below. Lol

           

 Seed beads would be awful cute for Rae Rae's eyes or in the snowflakes. I hope to get some of them soon .  

             

Now before you leave, I would love to show you my newest thrifty snowman acquisition which would be so stinking cute to make. 


This little guy was purchased while camping this past weekend . He is made of 2 x 4's that are cut in various lengths and painted white. A little face was drawn and  plaid scarf and buttons were added for embellishments.  Wouldn't he be a super fun project especially to do with the kiddos?  

Well thank you so much for the sweet visit, my friends. I hope your day is filled with immense joy and lots of blessings. As always...

Happy stitching , ya'll

Melisa

All I want for Christmas is for the person who is reading this to be happy , blessed , and loved. 

Hugs and Stitches !!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy who had big plans for a special tree. I hope you have a beautiful tree in heaven, my angel. Love you, Amo!!!❤🌲🎄👼

Warm wishes and Snowman kisses, 

















21 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Joy. I love the snowmen and am enjoying making them. I changed the color to 321. I can't wait to get home today and trace this one. I have printed off so many of your cross stitch I want to do. Could you tell me how you tea/coffee dye? Thank you for all your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi , Joy. I am a so thrilled that you are joining me in the snowman embroidery quilt along. I bet your snowmen are looking amazing. 321 is one of my favorite reds too. And thank you so much for asking about how I coffee /tea dye. Usually , I put my aida in a pot with water, several tea bags, a cup or of coffee grounds and cinnamon. Sometimes I even add walnut husks. I bring it to a boil and then let mine simmer for a long time sometimes hours. I then cut off the heat and let it sit overnight. And hang it out to dry the next day. Sometimes I bake my fabric for about 20 minutes on 180. But here lately I haven't. If my fabric is not dark enough I add it back to the tea mix and sometimes add more tea or coffee. I also have a post about it on the March 17, 2021 post. I may do another one here soon. Thank you so much for the inspiration and for the sweet visit. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  2. Muchisimas gracias por tu generosidad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so welcome, dear and thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words. I hope your day is a blessed one.

      Delete
  3. Isn’t he adorable?? And that little chick?? Just precious!! I think the beads will look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Penny. It has been awhile since I have done any beading , but I think I will try a sample block just to get back in the swing of it to see what Frosty looks like. Have a lovely evening.

      Delete
  4. Bonjour. Je m'appelle Élisabeth, je vis en France et je suis avec beaucoup de plaisir votre blog et je vous remercie du fond du cœur pour tous les jolis articles qui me procurent beaucoup de plaisir et surtout un grand merci pour les motifs de broderie simple et très chaleureux. Bonne continuation à vous et votre famille. Amicalement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and heart warming compliment. I am so honored , Elizabeth , that you stop by for a visit and enjoy my little posts. That really means so much to me . You lifted my spirits and made my evening. Thank you so much, dear. Sending hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. Another redwork cutie, Melisa! What a cute snowman find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I am really enjoying working on these. It has been great to take along as I am riding down the road too. Hope your day was a great one. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wooden Snowman, I have a cardboard box model but yours will certainly last much longer!! Wonder if I can get my son to cut a 2x4 for me? Love the new quilt snowman, I will not be using beads, I am making quilt for a 18 month great-grandnephew. Keep sending Snowman Kisses. Returning your kisses with hugs and love from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your box snowman is so stinking cute, Mary and would be a lot of fun to create. Plus it is easier for me to gather boxes. Lol. How sweet to be creating this quilt for your great grandnephew. That just warms my heart. Big hugs and sending lots of love. You always brighten my day, Mary. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. Just wanted to let you know that I have the first 2 snowmen all embroidered and did post a photo on my block site yesterday--I also did the little red truck in the counted cross stitch so far--
    thanks ever so much for these cute cute designs-
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so so much for messaging me,Di. I immediately hopped over to your blog to see all of your gorgeous work . Your blog is such a delight and am so glad to now be following. Your Frosty's look fabulous and I love the floss colors you are using as well as your fabric. Happy stitching and quilting, Hugs

      Delete
  9. These are just so cute--I hopped over here to get them after seeing Di's (quilting is blissful blog). I can't wait to begin tracing them and get started...thanks so much for them hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Julierose. Di's are gorgeous aren't they ? I love her floss colors too. I am so excited that you will be joining in. I hope you enjoy stitching them. Have a wonderful evening and happy stitching and quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Another cute one, Melisa! I am still working on Frosty on his sled, but will print this one out and get it ready to take along on our Thanksgiving trip. Thanks so much for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. This one stitched up pretty quick and will be a great take along project. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe travels. Have a blessed weekend and happy stitching and quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. These are adorable! Thank you, Melisa. I found you through Diann @Little Penguin Quilts. I should thank her too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Melisa! Your snowmen are absolutely adorable! So generous of you to share them, too. I love the finished snowman quilt you had done in blackwork, and this one in redwork promises to be every bit as lovely. I am very tempted to try one out in bluework!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday