Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Let the November Quilt Stacks Begin!

Can you believe it? ! It is November! Where has this year gone? 

TURKEY HOLLER SALTBOX and With Thy Needle and Thread's November Word Play

A very happy Wednesday to you , sweet friends. 

Let me start off by wishing you a fabulous new month filled with blessings , love, laughter, peace  and hope.  It is a beautiful month. πŸ€—πŸ¦ƒπŸ€ŽπŸ§‘πŸ§‘

Did you say goodbye to October with a visit from ghosts and goblins? I had only 3 haunt my  humble home; we were  down one who was feeling poorly and could not go trick or treating. 


Oh ,these little dickens tried to be scary , but they were old school characters and did not frighten this old grandma at all. πŸ˜€ I did oooh  and aaah over them and then gave them a complimentary Aaawwwwghh ( scream , which they laughed in delight) . I then plopped a big ole' bag of candy in each Halloween bag in hopes that I would give them a candy high as they went on their merry way. 

As soon as the youngins' left. The turkeys flew in. πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ


Soon I was going through quilt stacks searching for just a few quilts to hang on my 3 thrifted shutters. 

The first quilt that was pulled from the stack was  a snowball quilt top. Hmm that will do even though it is not quilted I thought.


Mr. Pinker looked down at the quilt as I was photographing and asked, "Is it going to be any bigger? Like maybe a full size or queen?" 

"Nope," I replied, " I just had a limited amount of these fabrics. " 


"I like big quilts! " Mr. Pinker said. 

"I know, I know, dear". I then proceeded to pull out other quilts to preview. 
"What about his quilt?" I asked Mr. Pinker. 


"Hmmmm, I like all of the browns," said Mr. Pinker, "but..." 


"But what?" I asked.

"Well it is just not big enough. " sighed Mr. Pinker 


"Oooh I like the turkeys in that quilt, ", he chimed as I dropped a turkey quilt on the floor.  "But again it is a wee too small for me to even wrap my big toe in ," he playfully remarked. 


"These quilts are not for wrapping up in , Silly, " I said. I then grabbed my bundle of quilts and gleefully shouted as I ran out of the room "Let the November quilt stacks begin!"

With the eyes in the back of my head, I swear I could see Mr. Pinker shaking his head. πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ¦ƒ  

Anywhooo, in two shakes of a turkey tail, I had those quilts hanging on the thrifted shutters to admire with more country clutter sure to join them. 
I still have some tweaking to do, but it is a beginning! 

With all that was going on, I failed to stitch my November doodle. So that will be on the agenda today. But I do have it drawn and ready for you if you are interested. 

UPDATE: Nov. 1, 2023. My nimble fingers worked overtime to finish this little doodle today. 

I am using DMC 498 to stitch my monthly doodles. 

 πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

 If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.

   πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ




My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 



Each block is stitched  on a 7 1/2 squared piece of fabric and then trimmed it to 6 1/2" . The block is then framed  with 2" strips .

Speaking of embroidery, yesterday, Joy at Days Filled with Joy published the last motif in her free Summer Mystery SAL. I hope to begin this project very soon. Joy is always so generous. Thank you , Joy.  

And I can not forget to tell you that tomorrow will start the Mr. Snow SAL. Eeeh ! I am so excited for you to see the new snowmen that I  have been working on. Perhaps you may want to join me or just follow along. Either way I would love for you to drop by for a visit. 

Thank you so much for the Wednesday visit. Enjoy your day, dear friends and... 

 As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

November is the month to remind us of the many positive things  happening in our life. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my dear baby sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much, Amo. ❤❤❤  


 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Susan at Quilt Fabrication for  Midweek Makers Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday








35 comments:

  1. I love looking at all those quilts ! I wish you a very happy month of November too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy November, Annelies. Aah thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words. I wish you a beautiful month as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Melisa, your little turkey quilts are stinkin adorable. That turkey pulling the cart full of pumpkins is absolutely a hoot. So cute. The snowball quilt top is amazing, you are so STINKIN talented. All the cute quilts you make just shouts that. Thank you for sharing all your pretties with us, you make my day happy. Got to get the November Turkey done and put out. Hope you have a wonderful day my friend. πŸ§‘πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear Patti. I made those quilts a few years ago when I was on a turkey kick. I do need to make a new Thanksgiving quilt sometime soon. I hope you enjoy the November turkey. I began mine today and am about half way complete. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I really do need to make me another turkey quilt. I had one on my wall and a customer wanted to buy it so of course I let her, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you do need a turkey quilt of your very own, Vicki. I made these a few years ago ; they are always a joy to pull out. I think I need a new on too. LOL. Happy Wednesday. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Happy November, Melisa! Hard to believe we are halfway through the 'ber' months! Your little November quilts are darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy November, Robin. It sure is hard to believe it is November already. With all of the upcoming holiday activities this month is sure to fly by . I wish you a very happy month. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Love all your doodles, Melisa! They're going to make such a fun quilt. Your November quilts are sweet, too! We're sorry, Mr Pinker - some quilts are just way cuter when they're small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you just cracked me up , Diann; I agree some quilts are just plain cute being small; Mr. Pinker just doesn't get it. Hee! Hee! Thank you so much for bringing a giggle to my day. Happy November. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. So many sweet November quilts. I really like the "brown one". Was those 4 November doodles your patterns? I'd love to give them a go. Seems like my quilts go straight from Halloween to Christmas and Thanksgiving is a great holiday to celebrate too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susie. I created those quilts a few years ago. Oh yes, the brown quilt doodles are mine. I will have to see if I can find the drawings or redraw them to share. They were fun little prim pieces to work on. Happy November. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. That turkey is adorable! I think the Mr needs a large quilt made for him soon =).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you are so right, Deb. I am going to have to make Mr. Pinker a quilt soon. It will definitely be wildlife themed. Have a beautiful day and have a blessed and happy month. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Oh how cute are those little quilts for Thanksgiving--humm--I don't know that I have a quilt for Thanksgiving--though--I do have one wall hanging!! Maybe I better get busy !! just copied this months turkey block off for the monthly sal--!!
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Di. It is always a joy to pull these little turkey quilts out for the month. Oh yes, you need a Thanksgiving quilt for yourself. I hope you enjoy working on the newest monthly block. I am 1/2 through mine. I am looking forward to seeing yours. Have a wonderful day and Happy November. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Your little turkey quilts are all so cute, Melisa! It's truly inspiring (and amazing!) how many things you've created with needle and thread over the years. I need to pull out my Thanksgiving stitching and get it on display this week. I do love seeing these November pieces each year--they're like greeting old friends. Hope your November is filled with many blessings ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very Happy November to you ,dear Carol. Thank you so much for the kind words on my turkey quilts; it was a joy to bring them out for the month. I hope you enjoy pulling out all of your November and Thanksgiving decor.I look forward to seeing all of your pretties and being inspired. I have been on your blog this morning looking back at older posts ( 2018) and being inspired. Have a beautiful day, dear friend. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  10. Where have I been? I didn't realize you are sharing your little adorable doodles! I am off to my LQS to pick up a nice weight white for my calendar quilt! Oh thank you soooo much!!! I love peeping at your quilts and cross stitch when I get a chance, which isn't always that often. Bridget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah well thank you so much, Bridget. You brought a smile to my day. I enjoy sharing doodles quite often. Embroidery is very relaxing for me. The calendar quilt blocks have been a fun and different project to work on. I hope you enjoy . Happy November, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Love the Turkey parade! Such pretties and filled with inspiration. Thanks for bringing November in so lovely. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/01/wednesday-wait-loss-352

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very Happy November to you , Jennifer. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my turkey parade. I wish you a very lovely and productive month. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Thank you so much for the November turkey. He's just the perfect doodle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy November , dear Susan. I had a ball stitching the November turkey. I hope you enjoy the little guy as well. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  13. Good to see all your goodies for November, Melisa! And your little goblins looked cute. Two of our three got to go gather candy for a bit, but one was sickly. Thanks for the new drawing. I have to go back and find October's. Somehow I missed getting it filed away for when I get one of those rountuit thingies!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a ball pulling out the turkey quilts for the month. Thank you so much for the kind words on my goblins. I sure hope your little one is feeling better. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Hi Melisa I don’t know I think your grandchildren looked scary! Nothing beats grandchildren ♥️ your turkeys are all so pretty πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ love your posts♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol they are little characters. I was a little surprised that they went with the old movie characters. I agree nothing beats a grandchild; they steal your heart instantly don't they? Thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words. I am having a ball pulling out all of my turkeys for the season.

      Delete
    2. Lol they are little characters. I was a little surprised that they went with the old movie characters. I agree nothing beats a grandchild; they steal your heart instantly don't they? Thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words. I am having a ball pulling out all of my turkeys for the season.

      Delete
  15. LOL! Give the man a BIG quilt, Melisa!!! Surely you have one or two of those around your humble abode, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL    I do believe I am going to have to rummage up a quilt for the sweet fellow! Hee! Hee!    He has  had the same quilt  to wrap up in the evening for years and it is almost worn out so I guess he is hinting for a new one.   Thank you for the sweet visit , Joy and for the giggles! 

      Delete
  16. Your Fall Quilts are perfect for the upcoming season. Thanks for sharing your "doodle". Your red work quilt is going to be great. I have been following Days Filled with Joy for quiet some time. I enjoy her work as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Joy. It always enjoy pulling out the fall quilts for the season. I have been on a "redwork" kick here lately. I can not wait to piece all of the blocks together. I hope you are having a wonderful week and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. OMGoodness! Love all the new quilts you pulled out! That turkey pulling the cart is just so stinkin' cute! I am a snowball quilt fan and this one is so homey. Thank you for the sweet Nov. doodle. He's a good looking fella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. It has been awhile since I have made a new Thanksgiving quilt, but the turkey and cart is one of my favorites. I just adore the calicos in the snowball quilt. I do need to make another. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods