Blog Archive

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Mr. Snow SAL Block 3 - Snow Mitten

Happy Thursday , sweet friends and welcome! 🤗 I hope your day is off to a roaring good start!  

First , I would like to thank you all for the kind compliments on my sister's quilt that I shared yesterday. I was moved to tears by all of the warm words. 💓🤗🙏

 Last night I pulled out totes of mini quilts, stockings and cross stitch pieces to decorate the downstairs.  Soon the floor was filled with handmade goodness to choose from. 

 Mr. Pinker went to the garage, and in a short time, he brought forth my raggedy old tree which was still tucked in a galvanized wash tub. As Mr. Pinker prepared supper,  I went to town fluffing branches,  stringing lights and hanging ornaments.  

This little ornament is always the first to be placed on the tree. I stitched it for my oldest grandson whose nickname is Rooster. 

All kinds of ornaments were haphazardly placed on the tree; I was distracted by the aroma of steak, mashed potatoes and turnip greens that was coming from the kitchen. 😀😋 You can tell that I need to straighten up a few of these ornies. 

Soon I plopped down onto the couch with loads of stitching still on the floor . 

"What's wrong? Mr. Pinker asked.  

"I just don't understand it. Why is all of this not fitting on the tree and in this room ? I know I had it all of these goodies in this room last year ."   

Mr. Pinker looked at all of the stitching still left on the floor. "Hmmm, you couldn't possibly have had all of that in here..." Then he stopped in midthought and rolled his eyes and with a smile he said "Oh, yes my clutter queen certainly could have ."

I gave him a wink of the eye and soon went back to work. Sooooo .... I am going to continue working on the tree and room today and hopefully soon I will have a photo of the raggedy country tree filled to the brim. 😀😃🎄

A patriotic stick Santa that I painted in the 1990's. 

Today is Embroidery Thursday for me so I will be pulling out my needle and thread and will settle into stitching a little snowguy called  Mr. Snow.  

This week Mr. Snow is as snug as a bug in a rug in his big red mitten for Block 3 called "Snow Mitten" .  

"Rah Rah Rah! Bring on the snow! , Mr. Snow exclaims.

I lightly colored some of the stripes in his scarf, his cap and the bottom half of the mitten. I added French knots to Mr. Snow's eyes and at the top of the pennant stick. 


So far I have shared: 

Block 1 Snowballs,    Block 2 Winter Friends

 INSTRUCTION TIME !   Now remember , I am no expert, but am just sharing how I embroider mine. Please prepare your fabric, embroider in whatever manner that  makes you happy. The number one rule is to always have FUN FUN FUN!!! 

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut your fabric to 8 1/2 "x 11 1/2" . This will  be trimmed later.  

2.  Place the pattern between a light box or a window and center the design as best as possible. Trace the design onto your fabric using your favorite transfer fabric pen or pencil . 

3. Embroider the design .  I used a backstitch using 2 strands of DMC 498  on most of the design. A stemstitch would look  quite lovely if you prefer.  

4.   I used a French Knot on Mr. Snow's eyes. You do not have to include the French Knot;  you may want to add  teeny beads for eyes . How cute would that be!!!

5. Press and trim to block size 7 1/2 x 10 1/2". If you color tint your blocks, remember to place a paper towel over the tinted area and heat set with the iron.   The finished  block size in the  quilt will by 7" x 10" .

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃☃

My little doodles are hand drawn so they are never perfect. 

In January I always decorate the small foyer in snowmen and mittens. Here is a glimpse of last year's mitten tree with teeny mittens and one of daughter's toboggans. 

Well  Sweetie Pies, there is a tree calling my name so I better finish the task at hand. Have a wonderful day and ...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa
Mittens are blankets for the hands on a cold winter's day. 

Warm Wishes and Snowman kisses! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet Baby sister, Amy . I love you, Amo.  ❤


LINKS THAT MAY STRIKE YOUR FANCY. 

Frosty McChill SAL - This is a link to the 12  Frosty McChill Snoman blocks that I shared in 2021.

2022-Flurry & Flakes SAL  This is a link to the Flurry & Flakes Snowman quilt. It includes 5 embroidery blocks. 

Sweeping Snowman Trifle - A small cross stitch that I created to use as a scissor fob.  

2022- Everybody Loves A Parade- Well I Hope So- A Parade of Winter and Snowman Cross stitch and Doodles. 













30 comments:

  1. Mr.Snow, is so stinkin cute, can’t wait to see him each week. You just amaze me on all the cuteness you share with us. I love how you can get so much joy out of everything you do. Your family must love seeing all the memories you have in your home. Thanks for sharing with us. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thursday, dear Patti. I am having a ball creating and sharing Mr. Snow as I dream of flurries. Lol. Aah thank you so much for the sweet compliment; you are always so very kind. My daughter's sometimes laugh at all of the memorabilia that I have saved. Lol. But it give me joy. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Your Mr. Snow series is so cute! I'm not ready for Thansgiving, much less thinking about Christmas. I think we'll downsize our Christmas tree this year, my back can't handle getting all the boxes out of the attic this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that the days have gotten away from me; I looked at the calendar yesterday and realized next Thursday will be Thanksgiving - how did that happen. Lol. I am not ready either. I understand about downsizing ; going up and down the attic stairs would definitely not be good for the back . Thank you for the sweet visit and Happy Thursday. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I could spend a whole day admiring each of the treasures spread out on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Kathy ; thank you so much. I always want to put all of the things out though I know that it is just not possible. Lol. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Well, I know you will get it figured out, Melisa. I look forward to seeing your tree deck out. Your mitten snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so , Robin. I ended up taking a small tote back upstairs to distribute. I guess I need to refer back to last year's photos to see what I did. Lol. Happy Thursday and thank you . Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I laughed at Mr. Pinker's comment about his "Clutter Queen" and he cooks delicious meals. What a treasure he is! I like your latest snowman block. . so cute!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol he is a keeper. He has always been supportive about my collecting and sometimes even points out goodies to me. Hee! Hee! This is one of my favorite blocks so far. I am really enjoying working on these embroideries. Enjoy your evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy finishing your tree. Love your third block ! Hugs and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Annelies. I am enjoying pulling out the Christmas and decking the halls. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  7. I can't believe you already have the Christmas tree ready!!!!
    All your decorations are wonderful, Melisa, and the most beautiful thing is that each one of them has a special meaning for you.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to get the tree out. I feel as though I am late about getting it up , but I wanted it ready before Thanksgiving. Thank you so much, dear, Isabel. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  8. I am finally (I think) all caught up! Whew! I had to go clear back to the end of Oct. Not sure what happened, but I hope I am not dropped of your list again any time soon. I missed seeing all your special cheeriness and creativity! The Santa with the Rooster is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thursday, Ginny. I have missed you . I hope you have been staying busy and enjoying the month of November. Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving? The days are flying. I am going to have to look up who was the designer of the Santa with the Rooster; it is one of my favorites. Have a great weekend and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Mr. Pinker sounds like a gem, cooking dinner while you decorate! Your snowman things are all so cute - love seeing them. So far, I haven't started stitching any of this year's snowman designs, but printing them out and getting them traced for when I need something new to work on. They're so fun and hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he is a keeper, Diann. He helped me put up the tree and fixed supper on top of that ! I am enjoying working on Mr. Snow. I think snowmen are some of my favorites to embroider. Thank you for adding them to your stash . Hope you had a great day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Another super cute Mr. Snow, I hope he doesn't melt in that mitten! I got a kick out of all your stitcheries laying on the floor;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Vicki. LOL Mr. Snow will be a puddle soon if he stays in the mitten too long. Hee ! Hee! I was excited to pull out all of the Christmas handmades. They bring back fond memories. Happy Thursday. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. I fall in love each week with the new Mr Snow doodle, he is so adorable. I missed yesterday's Butterfly Kisses from Heaven Quilt!! What an amazing tribute to your sister, I could feel all of emotions that you have had and it is a wonderful creation to her. Congratulations on the beautiful finish. Sending you many warm hugs from sunny Arizona. PS, don't know why I am suddenly listed as Anonymous???? Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thursday dear Mary. Oh thank you so much on my Mr. Snow and Butterfly Kisses. I am having a ball working on the embroideries. I look forward each night working on them. Butterfly Kisses is one of my favorite quilts - lots of memories are in each and every stitch. Have a blessed day . Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous decorations. I've been thinking that I must get my Christmas quilts out, after all, Christmas is coming fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, pulling out the Christmas quilts can certainly get one in the festive mood. They are some of the 1st things that I pull out. Thank you so much , Jenny. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I love how Mr. Snow is coming out of the mitten, lovely block Melisa! All your decor is beautiful, you're putting me in a Christmas mood!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a fun block to work on , Diana; I think right now it is one of my favorites. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment . Oh yes, Christmas will be here in no time. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Wow! A big load of Christmas/winter goodies you’ve stitched over the years! Just so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I was a bit surprised myself how much I have stitched . It is always fun to bring them out and reminisce a bit. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs

      Delete
  15. I'm sure you'll find a place for all your wonderful goodies, Melisa! Thanks for the new snowman and mitten. He's so stinkin' cute!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look back at last year's photos to see where I put everything. I just couldn't remember where it all went. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit, Brenda. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday