Monday, January 4, 2021

Snowflakes, Sledding, and Chickens - A Winter Freebie

Well hello there,  dear friends. I hope you are staying warm and cozy. I have been busy getting the house back in order and packing away Christmas decor. Winter decor is coming out . My little black box that I have placed stitching on before was looking sort of empty for the winter season. 

                               

I had to remedy that and with that I have to say : "They are back!" - Annie and her 3 chickens, Alma, Edna and Dorothy Mae.   Ya'll know I love chicken stitching. 

Some of you may remember these little characters when I stitched Bees, Blooms, and Chickens.  Annie and her chicks were scampering around the bee skeps and the flower garden.  This stitch really got me into blogging and offering freebies.  If you missed it, just click on the name, and you can go back for that chart. 

When  Fall arrived,  Annie and the girls made their way into the pumpkin and corn patch. Annie is a very busy girl, you know.  That chart was called Cornstalks , Pumpkins and Chickens; it was a freebie too.  Annie was searching for the perfect pumpkin.  Of course, Edna, Alma, and Dorothy Mae came along but they were in search for some corn kernels. 

And now it is winter and what is Annie and the gals up to?

 This time Annie is pulling a sled while her 3 gals enjoy the ride through the pine forest on a very blustery and snowy day.  Annie is not much into winter attire other than her boots and scarf. She is alot like my  oldest daughter. Lol.

This is a small stitch measuring 53 W x 51 H. I stitched mine on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed aida. That brought the measurement to  3 3/4" x 3  5/8". I used DMC flosses which were 931, blanc, 310, 3345, 221, 434 938, 353, 311, 646, and 301. The 301 was used to make the snowman's nose. Before I finished it, I decided to add bows around the chickens' necks. I used 1 strand of 931 to make bows for 2 of the chickens and the middle chicken received a white bow. If you do not like the bows, just omit them. To be honest, they were a little fussy for my fingers to create, but fun. 

If you are interested in stitching Annie, check out the pdfs below. Now remember I am not a professional designer nor do I have professional software. The pdfs may print out light and I apologize for that.  I also have to put them on 3 separate pages.  

For instruction page , click here .  


For colored chart, click here .  


For black and white chart, click here  .

This stitch did not take long to stitch at all. I stitched mine in about 4 1/2 hours while watching 2 episodes of Columbo.  If you had multiple needles threaded, it would take less time. 
Thank you so much for popping in to see my little stitch. I am expecting that more stitches will come of Annie and the gals when the inspiration hits.  Have a wonderful and blessed week. And as always...
Happy stitching, ya'll
Melisa
If you decide to stitch Annie, I would love to see your stitch. Please tag me on Instagram using #pinkernpunkinquilting or you can always Direct Message me.  
Thank you for all of your encouragement, kind words, and visits . You sure do make a gal happy, and you are greatly appreciated. 



 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this sweet design, my dear. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome and thank you for visiting and leaving such kind comment. I hope you enjoy stitching it as much as I did. Happy New year and have a blessed week filled with joy.

      Delete
  2. This is super cute, thank you. Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute little stitched pillows and thank you for visiting my blog! I'm looking forward to finishing up one of my UFOs very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Melisa! Annie and her chicken friends are adorable in their winter scene. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I love it! Thank you so much! 💕. Is the box lid size roughly 4”x4”? I’ll need to look for one either wood or paper mache the next time I travel to the city with a Hobby Lobby 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and thank you for sharing all your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elles sont rigolotes ces petites poules.
    Merci pour ces jolis modèles.
    Belle et douce année pour vous et vos proches. Bonheur, amour, amitié, création, broderie, mais surtout une excellente santé.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another very cute design...Thank You! The small yo-yo quilt in your last picture is lovely. Is it vintage? I want to make a lap size yo-yo quilt but don't know if it needs to be backed with whole cloth for stability. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so cute pulling her little chickens on the sled, Melisa! Do you have chickens yourself? My brother has several and they really are quite entertaining :) Have a great evening and thank you for the new cute chart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for another freebie. I'm working on the Farm smalls right now. I'll be sure to tag you if I post to IG.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle