Blog Archive

Monday, December 20, 2021

Prim Winter Church- A Christmas Freebie

 Good afternoon. Welcome, dear friends. Can you believe Christmas is just a few short days away? Are you getting in any last minute Christmas stitching? Yes,  I am stitching Christmas right down to the very day!

 I am so excited to share with you the last of 2021's Prim Winter series .  This  along with the Prim Winter Angel ranks as my favorites of the 5. I sure hope you like this one too.

 

 It is named Prim Winter Church.

          

 It reminds me of many of the country churches that bless the country roads around my neighborhood.  Let me show you one of my favorites which is just a hop , skip and a jump from where I live . 

This is one of the churches right down the road from me. It was established in the 1800's and was named after a young lady who lived where the farm is today. Where the chimney is which faces the road, is the now front of the church; it  used to be the back. People can come in  through the side of the church  or....


you can enter  the back of the church which used to be the front of the church. This side actually faces the woods now and has so since the 1930's. The old road that used to go through this long gone community has reverted back to cow pastures and woods. Gone are the  sorghum mill, the one room school house , the blacksmith shop and the homes from that bygone era. I may show you where they were located in another post. 

Just click on the names to go to some of these freebies pictured here. They are Plum Street Samplers freebie " 12 Days of Christmas"  The Scarlett House freebie "From Our House to Yours"  ,  Stonework Stitchworks The Lace Makers Cottage freebie,  Nikys Creations "Reindeer"   freebie  found on her blog in the  Nov 30, 2011 post, my Prim Winter Peace freebie. Also in the background is Bent Creek's "Holly Berry Sampler" (it's not a freebie. )

If you would like to squeeze this stitch in , right before Christmas or maybe stitch it for next year please check out the links below. 

 Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to separate each page with different links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs.  

Click here for the instruction page. 


Click here for the Colored Chart.



Click here for the Black and White Chart. 


I always like to leave links to the previous ornaments too. That way it is a little easier for you to find them . Soooo....

The previous ornaments include: 

Prim Winter Love , 

 

Prim Winter Home, Prim Winter Peace   Prim Winter Joy   Prim Winter Faith  

and Prim Winter Angel 

  

and Prim Winter Hope 

Prim Winter Gifts

Prim Winter Cheer

 Thank you  for visiting me today. I am looking forward to adding 5 more Prim ornaments come 2022. You know me when I like something I take to it like a dog to a bone and I don't let go. Lol.  Have a beautiful day my sweeties and as always...

Happy stitching, ya'll,

Melisa

The beauty of Christmas is not in presents but in His Presence

Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy. Love ya!







26 comments:

  1. Love the church!! What congregation is that church, do they still meet there? I started stitching these last year and the Aida was hurting my hands, I put them away. I think I'll start stitching them again for next year. You are so very generous.
    Merry Christmas, Melisa!! Hugs, Linda P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Linda. This is a Baptist church. I believe that they meet once a month here lately. There used to be an outhouse in the old "front", but they have constructed a small building with a bathroom now. I am so excited that you are thinking about working on these again. I hope the aida is kind to your hands. Have a very Merry Christmas, Linda.

      Delete
  2. This is a sweet stitch - thank you! Oh and what are some of the stitches completed behind the church? 12 Days, the tree to the right, etc...Thanks and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Donna. The 12 Days of Christmas is a free design from Plum Street Sampler . One of the stitches is a freebie from Stonestreet Stitchworks "Lace Makers Cottage" and the other is a freebie from The Scarlett House called "From Our House to Yours' . I will try to put a link in the post. Have a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  3. This is precious, Melisa! Thank you for sharing this one and all the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so welcome, Robin and thank you for the sweetest visit. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Sending hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  4. Melisa, thank you for the sweet church, and I enjoy your little history of your area, keep them coming. Oh, 6 more for 2022, I can hardly wait, you are so very generous with your talent, thank you. I did the 12 Days for my grand daughter for her first married Christmas tree as individual ornaments (1 over 1 on 28 count). Christmas is near and we will be celebrating His Presence every day. Blessings, love and hugs to you from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Mary. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. I bet your 12 days ornaments were stunning and what a fabulous gift for your granddaughter. I am sure she treasures them dearly. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and sending you big hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your patterns. They are wonderful. Merry Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Debbie. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and you are so welcome. I hope that you enjoy them. Have a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      Delete
  6. Is that Twelve Days of Christmas your pattern? If not, what's the name of it? It's beautiful and I'd love to stitch it. Thank you for your sweet charts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahh thank you so much. The 12 Days of Christmas is a Plum Street Sampler freebie. I stitched mine as a Christmas in July project and loved every minute. I will try to leave a link in my post above. Have a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  7. Elle est jolie cette église.
    Merci pour le partage de votre joli modèle Mélisa.
    Je vous souhaite un merveilleux Noël plein de douceur.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christel. It was a joy to stitch this little church and share it. I hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Many blessings.

      Delete
  8. Merci pour toutes ces jolies propositions avec un message. Belles fêtes de fin d'année. Amélie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amelie for the sweet visit. I hope that you enjoy this little design and wish you a very Merry Christmas and blessed new year.

      Delete
  9. I stitched the Angel and made it into an ornament that I gave to a sweet friend who sent me a gift card when I was sick and called to check on me often. I am planning on stitching the church as part of my Sabbath stitch along with Lori Holt, for the upcoming year. Thank you so much for your lovely designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so touched that you stitched Prim Winter Angel. She is so dear to my heart and to hear that you stitched it for a friend is so heart warming. Thank you so much, Melody. I so hope that you enjoy Prim Winter Church. Have a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year. And thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  10. I love all your sweet deisgns, quick to stitch and easy finish.
    I wish to thank you for your talent and your generosity.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU and have a Blessed Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind and thank you so much for the kind words of support . It really means so much to me. I hope you enjoy my little humble charts and I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  11. I am so glad I found your blog! Thank you so much for the beautiful patterns. You are a very talented person. Have a Blessed Christmas! Margie/TN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Margie . I am so glad that you visited me today and I sure hope that you will pop in for a visit again. I hope you enjoy my little humble designs. Have a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  12. I think this may be my favorite of your Prim series, Melisa! Thank you so much for each and every one... you are such a creative and generous soul. Sending my best wishes for a lovely Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Carol. I really enjoyed creating this one. I have another church design in mind based on my mom's childhood church. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and I hope that your grandbaby will be in for a visit .

      Delete
  13. oh my goodness i have to stitch the angel in memory of my sweet momma! She loved angels and they are all over her and daddys home. She is now in heaven listening to the angels sing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very touched Rosemary that you are going to stitch this in tribute to your mother. I am so sorry for your family's loss . I stitched this one in memory of my sweet sister. I hope that this stitch will bring you as much comfort and joy as it did me. Merry Christmas

      Delete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.