Monday, August 3, 2020

Christmas Bucket- A Christmas Freebie

Hey ya'll! Yep, I am still working on my Christmas ornaments for my "Farm " themed Christmas tree that I am planning this year. I am trying to think of some accessory ornaments to go with them like maybe galvanized buckets. Lol speaking of galvanized buckets. Here is my bucket of chicken. It is actually called "Christmas Bucket" and I think it is so cute if I do say so myself. When I was making it, I was thinking of this big old ceramic chicken that sits in my kitchen in a little tin.
I was also thinking about my old hens I used to have that never would lay eggs in their nests but always seemed to lay eggs in odd places like the buckets . One even laid eggs in an old Christmas wreath that fell on the loft floor Lol. 

I finished these just as I did the previous ornaments with old homespun, raffia and jute and a big red bow on one of them . All of these items were from the Dollar Tree or Dollar General. 
One of the little ornaments I stitched on coffee/ tea dyed 14 count aida.  I added a little greenery clipped off an old Christmas wreath as embellishment. 
The other I stitched on Emerald Green Rit dyed 14 count aida. I twisted homespun as cording on this ornament to frame the edges of the foam boards. 

The little hay bale  the ornament is perched on is a Dollar Tree find . I was thinking of getting a few of those to tuck into the farm themed Christmas tree too. 
It you are interested in stitching this little piece , I have the pdf below. I am not very tech savvy thus each page has to be downloaded separately.  

Click here for the instructions in pdf. 

For the pdf of the color chart , click here
For the pdf of the black and white chart, click here  .

If you haven't checked out the previous ornaments, click on the name of each one and you will be directed to their page- some are pdf downloads, some are not.   Ornaments from this series include:  Chicken Sled , Santa's Ride Special Delivery , and Christmas Barn

 I will post another ornament next week and then it is break  on these ornaments until September If all goes well, hopefully I will have some fall stitches to share.   

Remember please feel free to change these up however you would like.  I have so enjoyed seeing how you have been personalizing these pieces. I can not tell you how excited I am each time I see one posted. Again I would love to see your stitch and please tag me on Instagram and use  #pinkernpunkinquilting  or you can direct message or email me.   Thank you so much for your support and for visiting me.   And as always, 
 Happy Stitching, ya'll
 Melisa 
 

4 comments:

  1. Melisa ~ What a nice little collection of ornies you are stitching up. Last year at Wally I believe I saw tiny milk cans that looked galvanized and tiny red lanterns. Then there are always little red trucks. Last year Wally, Dollar Tree, and Big Lots had some cute ones....all at thrifty prices of course ! Looking forward to you tree reveal later this year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theses little ornies are stitching up fast. I am so excited about my new tree. All my trees have themes and I love changing them out every so often. I will definitely check out Wally and Dollar Tree. I wish we had a Big Lots. Those type of ornaments is exactly what I am looking for. I am so excited about it. Lol. Have a great day, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O MY!! I love these ornaments!! You are so talented!! My vision is not good that I can do this type of stitchery as i am in need of cataract surgery in the future. I am able to do stamped cross stitch and have done some of that. Thanks so much for stopping by and for letting me know that you did by leaving such a kind comment about my Kitchen!! Glad that you enjoyed the post!!
    Stay Safe, healthy and happy!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much, Deb. I love your decor and your use of color. And thank you so much about my cross stitch. I have just recently learned how to chart and am enjoying creating and sharing. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday