Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Be Ye Thankful - A Thanksgiving Freebie

I have my fall apron pulled out and my recipe books at hand. I am ready to spend the day bustling about in the kitchen working on sides and desserts for Thanksgiving Day.  


Good morning, Sweet Peas and Happy Wednesday. 









Are you going to be in the kitchen as well?  Do you have any special sides or desserts that you like to prepare or eat during the holidays? Do tell. I am always up for trying something different.  

One of my favorites other than my mom's dressing is Cranberry Marshmallow Salad which I shared the recipe last year.  Oh my, I can not get enough of it. It is so yummy and very easy to prepare as well. The  longer it sits in the fridge the better it gets. 😋💗

 
I will be preparing not only the cranberry salad, but a greenbean casserole, candied yams, stuffed celery and cream cheese corn.

Yesterday  I shared  my Thanksgiving hutch filled to the gills with turkeys galore.  One of the stitches on the hutch was Be Ye Thankful.

Be Ye Thankful and "Hello October " which was a gift from dear Barbara. 
 
I worked on this stitch during the early fall months and was happy to get it completed to enjoy for November. I meant to post it earlier this month, but the days have gotten away from me. Does that happen to you? 

 
Anywhoo, Be Ye Thankful was inspired to 2 resin Pilgrims that my mom gifted  me years ago.  However I reversed what each Pilgrim was holding. 
 

  Priscilla and Miles are standing in the pumpkin patch with turkeys which are strutting about. Above the Pilgrims is a garland of corn.  


Be Ye Thankful measures 82 x 84. I stitched mine on 14 count aida which brought it to a size of about 5 7/8" x  6 1/8".  

 I used 14 DMC floss colors which include 221, 223, 301, 407, 610, 730, 782, 830, 840, 844, 869, 948, and 3371.

 
I debated for a couple of weeks on how to finish Be  Ye Thankful , but after some time, I found a thrifted frame in my stash. Though some of the stitching is cut off, I found the stitch looked quite charming in the frame. Isn't the scroll work on the frame lovely? 

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃


I have provided an enlarged symbol chart on 2 pages.




Well, Sweeties, I sure do wish you were here so you could keep me company while I puttered around in the kitchen.  Ooh and you could sneak some tastes of the food being prepared. Hee! Hee!  But I know you are going to be busy yourself perhaps cooking, stitching or  quilting. Whatever you are doing , I sure hope you  have fun!  Have a beautiful day and thank you for the sweet visit.  🤗 Love ya'!

Tomorrow Mr. Snow is going to be on another adventure in my SAL. I hope you stop by to see the 4th block.  

As always

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.  

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much. You were and will always be a blessing in my life. Love you , Amo. 


31 comments:

  1. Oh my Melisa, your Be Ye Thankful is amazing. It sure looks like what your mom had gotten you, it was a good inspiration for this chart. Tomorrow will be Thanksgiving breakfast with our daughter before she goes on her way visiting other family members. It will be a quiet day for hubby and I, he is smoking a ham and we’ll have a small thanksgiving dinner. Christmas is when we have all the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and other family members together at our house. This year will be around 25. It’ll be so crazy but so stinkin wonderful. Hope you have a blessed day tomorrow and enjoy your family. ❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday , dear Patti. Oh Thanksgiving breakfast sounds delightful especially since you get to spend it with your dear daughter. Oooh I just love ham especially when it is smoked ; it has been a few moons since I have had that . I bet your hubby's will be delicious. I bet you are so excited for Christmas when the whole crew is home and you can enjoy all of the action! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving , sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Love your Thanksgiving freebie - will have to save it for next year. As always we head across the state to hubby's brother's house for dinner and family time. I must admit I do miss the leftovers but then again no room! This year our son and girlfriend will be with us and that has me excited! Will look for your cranberry salad as it will be perfect for the Christmas gathering at the campground! A Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. It was a joy to stitch this little Thanksgiving piece. I wish you safe travels as you head to your dear brother in laws home for Thanksgiving. It sounds like you will have a fabulous day surrounded by family. Leftovers are the best aren't they ? Maybe you could make a small plate. Hee! Hee! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear. I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful stitch chart! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so welcome, Betty. I hope you enjoy it. I hope you have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I always love to see what you are up to. Thank you for your generousity in sharing so much stitching goodness. I wish you all a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so kind ; thank you from the bottom of my heart. This piece was a joy and blessing to share. I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Be Ye Thankful is darling, Melisa. Well done! Nope to bustling around in the kitchen! I ordered the pies (pumpkin and apple) from Yoder's and picked them up on Monday to take to the family gathering Thursday. Wishing you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm! Mmm! Pumpkin and apple pies- how delicious! Safe travels, Robin and I hope you and your family have a fabulous Thanksgiving. Thank you for the kind words on my newest stitch. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I have Miles & Priscilla printed and ready to stitch for next year. I love anything Pilgrim-y for Thanksgiving! Thank you!! I'll be making up my pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes in order to get a head start on tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner. Blessings to your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so honored that you will be adding this to your stitch list for next year, Susie. I love anything Pilgrim related too, but I do not see that much in the stores related to them. Pumpkin pie is one of my favorites and always love homemade mashed potatoes. I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving with your family. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for all your cute freebies. I'm about ready to start baking pies for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday, Rita. It sounds like you are going to be busy in the kitchen as well. I have pecan and pumpkin pie on the agenda for today as well. I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs and Blessings

      Delete
  9. Your cranberry salad looks yummy, Melisa! Love Priscilla and Miles, too. They are perfect for the season. Enjoy your day in the kitchen and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday, dear Diann. The cranberries have been chopped and now I am on to working on the pies. LOL. Thank you so much on my latest stitch. This Pilgrim couple were fun to stitch. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs .

      Delete
  10. It's a beautiful embroidery, Melissa!
    I loved this pattern.
    If I can't come here tomorrow I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving Day!!
    Hugs from Seville

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful stitch. Thank you for the pattern. Here in The Netherlands we do not celebrate Thanksgiving.
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving and have a wonderful time. Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness! Miles & Priscilla are such a perfect pair for Thanksgiving! Thank you so much! Don't get too frazzled in the kitchen. Enjoy your family, too! I did a lot of prep today and my son is doing the turkey in the smoker starting tonight! This is a first for us. Say a prayer & cross your fingers! Blessings to you and yours, dear Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little Pilgrim pair, Melisa! Amazed at all you have time to design in spite of all your other hobbies, like cooking, camping, decorating, etc :) No cooking for me this year and it feels very strange. I'll certainly miss my sons and their families, but am so looking forward to Christmas. Wishing you a blessed day with your family ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are cooking tomorrow. . .I'm in charge of pecan pie, deviled eggs, hummus and smoked feta cheese. Your Pilgrim pair rock. I like that you switched what they are holding from your inspiration. You truly are an amazing artist!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Melisa!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely chart to celebrate Thanksgiving! Your menu looks delicious too. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. While that is a very cute cross-stitch, I wonder what Priscilla's husband, John Alden, would think of her looking like she's planning dinner with his rival? The courtship of Miles Standish failed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely post making me wish I weren't so sick. That cranberry salad looks SO yummy! The XS is lovely, too, and the frame is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with no kitchen diasters. I spent my morning in the kitchen, but I'm chief dish washer as Grad Girl and My Guy take over the kitchen for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Muchísimas gracias por el hermoso patrón!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Gosh, I found an unopened email update (good reason but not very interesting) and read your recipe for Cranberry Marshmallow pudding. Here in New Zealand we have a similar dessert, it is Unflavoured Yoghurt (sweetened or vanilla bean is best), marshmallows and boysenberries. One supermarket also adds whipped cream, another does not. Very easy to make at home (as is yours) and at my extended family gatherings there is a fight for the serving bowl as a single serve :D Belated Thanksgiving to All

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention, the dessert is called Ambrosia!!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Bugs, Blooms, Boo Boos and a Doodle Freebie