Blog Archive

Friday, November 12, 2021

Candy Cane Sprinkles -A Christmas Freebie

Good afternoon ,ya'll. I am enjoying a day at the campground in southern Illinois.

 Mr. Pinker and I made our way here last night. No camping in a "parking lot campground "this trip. Wheew! We are in a state park.  Nice, quiet and lots of trees to see. 

Hubby is out scouting for a deer, and what have I been up to? Well, I brought my sewing machine , fabric and a little bit of stitching. I even brought some finishing supplies . I think I am all set for the weekend. Oh, there is only one problem. Squeak Squeak .🐭😲😬🐁 We have a mouse in the camper. 

                      Stock Photography Vector Graphics Clip Art Royalty-free Mouse, PNG,  835x1024px, Stock Photography, Animal Figure, Cartoon,

That little southern sucker  has hitched a ride with us. Boy is he going to have go.  Hopefully ,he will not make an appearance though. I would hate to run out of this camper screaming like a mad woman. 😄🏃 

This morning I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to do a little finishing work. Candy Cane Sprinkles is what I have been working on. 

Jolly  ole' St. Nick and his trusty little reindeer, Donner, are getting showered with candy canes and snowflakes, but that is not going to stop him from giving a big "Ho Ho Ho" !     

                


                   Retro Candy Cane Santa

                 

Ten floss colors were used in the making of Candy Cane Sprinkles. They included DMC 321, 356, 407, 838, 782, 840, 921, 895, white, and black.   I stitched mine on 14 count aida that I dyed with Rit Aqua Marine dye.  

      

If you would like to stitch Candy Cane Sprinkles , please check out the pdfs below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 


OOPS MISTAKE ON INSTRUCTION PAGE: I am so sorry. On the instruction page, I said I stitched this piece on tea/ coffee dyed aida. It was actually stitched on  Rit Aqua Marine dyed aida. 

Click here for Instruction page. 

                  

Click here for colored chart. 

        

Click here for the black/white chart. 

      


 I included the enlarged charts as well. I am so sorry that I have to put them on individual pdfs. 

Click here for page 1 of enlarged colored chart. 

      

Click here for page 2 of enlarged colored chart. 

       

Click here for page 1 of enlarged black/white chart. 

       

Click here for page 2 of enlarged black / white chart. 




Well , Squeaky ,the mouse, and I  just wanted to pop and in to wish you a wonderful weekend.
 I hope that you have some fabulous fun plans made and are ready for a productive or relaxing weekend whichever you choose. 
Before you leave , let me say "You are awesome!" Thank you so much for the sweet visits , my friends. You are my inspiration. Big hugs... and as always...
Happy stitching, ya'll
Melisa
A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden. 
May your holidays be sweet! 
Hugs and Stitches!!!
Dedicated to my sweet sister , Amy. I love you, Amo. You are always in my heart. ❤❤❤







13 comments:

  1. Santa and reindeer is so cute. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the camping time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! such a cute design.
    I love sewing outdoors...and the looks from others! Lol!
    Have fun!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your next stitch should be a mouse in his camper. 😂 this Santa is adorable. Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love this. Putting the saltbox houses on pause to do this one. Have fun camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling piece you featured, Melisa! Love the reindeer! Enjoy your camping trip and here's hoping Squeaky vacates the camper soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. merci pour cette jolie grille et bon courage avec squeaky!! j'adore les souris elles sont mignonnes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muchisimas gracias Melisa por tus regalos, y tan buen gusto por los graficos,.....que caravana tan chula tienes, y ya te digo yo que si a mi me sale el raton, salgo chillando como una loca.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Melisa, a mouse in the camper...sounds like a new pattern. Your Santa and Reindeer is so cute, I cam hardly wait to add this one. You do keep me in stitch desires, LOL. Love the picture of your camping site, I love to hear the wind through the trees. What is the temps in your area this time of year? We are having 80's, so that is good, but it is chillier in the early am when I walk. Have a wonderful, restful time, hugs to you as always from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Melisa. I just love how you dye your fabric 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable little Santa! He needs his Mrs.! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling Santa stitched piece, Melisa! I'm loving the Thanksgiving decor in your header photo. Your vignettes definitely paint a festive mood in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your trailer. I'd love to go camping in that. =) Santa is great!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.