Blog Archive

Friday, October 27, 2023

It's A Wrap and A Christmas Trifle Freebie

Well hello, there Snow Bunnies!  

I know you are wondering how can she be thinking of snow when it is still raining leaves! Well I hope I get a pass for jumping into the next season because  Eeeh! I just finished Flurry & Flakes !!! 

Last year I shared Flurry & Flakes  as an embroidery SAL for the winter. This quilt followed the adventures of the Flake family and a small cardinal named Flurry. 

 I quilted a cross hatch in the embroidered blocks and I quilted 1/4" around the pieced blocks.  The finished quilt measures 32" x 32". 

Oooh let's take a closer look at the blocks shall we. 

Mr. Flake loves A Blustery Day . 


Winter Welcome  saw Mr. Flake welcoming the winter season. 

Mrs. Flake and Little Flake enjoyed a Snow Day in one block.  

Mr. Flake was off to the races in Snow Race

If you would like to make a Flurry & Flakes quilt of your own, all of the designs and information are in the links below. 

INTRODUCTION & BLOCK 1- WINTER WELCOME 

BLOCK 2- SNOW DAY

BLOCK 3  SNOW RACE

BLOCK 4 A BLUSTERY DAY

BLOCK 5 THE FAMILY PORTRAIT 

PIECED BLOCKS

The Flake family still have more adventures to be had, but they may have to wait until next year because a new embroidery SAL is coming up called Mr. Snow. It  will be another snowman embroidered quilt  which  I  will be sharing on Thursdays starting November 2nd. 

Right now I am starting out with the just a few simple supplies: my embroidery hoop, scissors, needle , crayons,  embroidery floss and 1 1/2 yards of white fabric which I will cut the 12 blocks to embroider on ( The unfinished  block size will be 7 1/2" x 10 1/2" ; the same size blocks that I used in the Frosty McChill quilt; I will cut my blocks a little larger and later trim) . 

More information will be posted on the 2nd of November so I do hope you pop in for a visit and perhaps you may want to join in. 

How about a cookie?  This is my newest trifle- Sweeping Snowman Trifle. Doesn't it look like a sugar cookie? 

  It has been a few moons that I have posted a trifle.  ( Thank you Lisa for the sweet inspiration. 🤗) 

 The trifles are itty bitty stitches where I use up scrap pieces of fabric. The finished design usually measure about 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" which is a perfect size for an ornament, gift tag or scissor fob.  I hope to make a number of new holiday trifles for the winter season. 


  If you are interested in finishing this trifle like mine, you may want to check out the   Trifle Finishing Tutorial .


If you missed any of the previous trifles, click on the names to go to the post with the charts. They are  Love Trifle ,   St. Patty's Day Trifle ,   Sheep Trifle ,   Bunny Trifle ,     Strawberry  Picker  , May Basket ,  Love Bird Trifle ,    Nesting Bluebird   ,Bunny Trifle , Carrot Trifle , Patriotic Ewe Trifle Chicken & Watermelon Trifle , Bee Skep Trifle ,  Little Jack Trifle  , Bunny & Tulip Trifle .



So tell me .  Do you have an affection for snowmen? 

 As Always...



Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

Quilts are woven with threads of love , binding us together. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.  Love you , Amo.

 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday


 Frosty McChill of 2021

















24 comments:

  1. A beautiful quilt, Melisa!!!
    Thanks for the gift.
    Kisses,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Pilarin. I can not tell you how excited I am to have it complete and ready for the winter season. I will hang it up in January with all of my other snowmen quilts. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Melisa! I love Flurry & Flakes, such a beautiful finish! Oooh, love your snowman mug too, and the little snowman trifle, and hope to stitch him soon .
    Look forward to seeing your next quilt. 😁🙋‍♀️👋😘👍🤗🥰🙋‍♀️xx Barbara, @flashinscissors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, dear Barbara and aah thank you so much ; I had a ball working on Flurry and Flakes. I bought that little happy mug at the thrift store; I thought it was as cute as a button. Snowman season is approaching. Lol. Have a super weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Flurry and Flakes came together so sweetly, congrats on the finish. We may have a few real flurries this weekend they say, I am not wanting them at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do wish you could send me those snow flurries, Vicki. Lol. Thank you so much for the kind words on my quilt. I am over the moon that it is done so I can move on to the next one. Have a super weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Flurry and Flake is so adorable, Melisa! I love it all in black and white. I'll look forward to your next SAL, too. Tonight I going to work on your little Baby Flake embroidery design - can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. I really love embroidering with black thread especially my snowmen. I am so happy Flurry & Flakes is completed. I have been thinking about you today wondering if you got any snow? I hope the weather did not get too bad. I am so excited that you are working on Baby Flake - I love that one. Thank you so much and I hope you enjoy. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. OMG the Flurry and Flakes is stinkin' adorable! I'm new here and it's the first time I'm seeing it. I'm going to start this immediately. It's been awhile since i embroidered. What fabric do you recommend I stitch it on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jennifer, I had a ball working on the Flurry & Flakes quilt. I sure hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I just used 100% white cotton fabric that I had at home . I would have loved to had some white snowflake fabric, but at the time I didn't want to spend any money. Lol. Jennifer I also want to thank you for visiting me; it means the world. Happy stitching .

      Delete
  6. I collected snowmen for years. Had enough ornaments, garland, lights, and even a topper for an all snowman tree. I have cut way back on decorating and have put a veto on any more snowman gifts of any kind. Sooo, yes, I love snowmen. Your newest little snowman trifle is so sweet! I have only gotten the McChill blocks embroidered, so maybe I should do this new one in the same color and put them together? Hmmm, I'll have to think on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , Ginny, I bet your snowman collection is glorious. It is hard to resist cute snowmen isn't it? But like you I have had to leave behind some at the stores too. The new blocks will got perfectly with Frosty McChill- they will be the same size and some of the snowmen look like him. They are quicker stitches than the Flurry & Flakes too. Oooh I can not wait till you see them. I hope you like them. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Flurry and Flakes turned out really cute. Congrats on the finish. Your newest trifle is really cute. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am over the moon to have Flurry & Flakes completed. It was a fun project especially working on the embroidery. I can not wait to have it on display this winter. Happy Quilting.

      Delete
  8. Très jolie ta courtepointe ,bravo Melisa !
    Merci pour ce petit bonhomme de neige ,j'adore !
    Bon week-end
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Monique; I had so much fun working on this little quilt . I have a fondness for snowmen. Have a very lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Your little snow family quilt is adorable, Melisa--love the tiny cardinal in each block, too. The snowman trifle is darling--as are all of them. Thank you for sharing your creativity and talent with us ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. It was fun to come up with adventures for the Flake family and I had to include the cardinals. They are one of my favorite birds. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness Melisa... do NOT get me addicted to trifles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol , Kathy . They are super quick stitches and teeny but a whole lot of fun. I am tickled pink they are tempting you. Hee! Hee! Have an awesome weekend and thank you for the sweet Saturday visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. I love snowmen, which strikes me as hilarious because the same cannot be said for actual snow. Thanks again for sharing the fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Kim. Well I have to admit that I have never met a snowman that I didn't like. Lol I bet you get a lot of snow in your area since you don't care for snow. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Definitely have a love for snowmen! Thanks for the excitement of a new series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so welcome , Susan and thank you so much, I am very excited to be working and sharing a new snowman series. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday