Blog Archive

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Quilting on a Ewe

And a very beautiful Sunday to you, Sweet friends.  Today is another exciting day . My grandbaby is celebrating his birthday with a grand party!!! 

                                     

Mr. Pinker and I bought him a bike for his birthday. I look forward to watching him ride it around in the yard. 

It has been a busy week. I completed the Spring Stamp SAL. Can I tell you that I had a ball creating and sharing those little stamps? Thank you again for all of your sweet visits and kinds compliments.  You kept me going . 

I moved the hoop in my  Summer Days Quilt

This  week I worked on  Red , White, and Ewe.  Today the hoop will be moved again .


I shared these embroidery designs last year as freebies

If you missed them just click on the links to visit the post. 

Little Blue Birdie  ,Time to Plant  ,   A Bowl of Berries ,  A Basket of Blooms , Buzz Buzz  ,  Red , White, and Ewe , Summertime Treat  , Lemonade  , Sunflower Basket ,A Jar of Coneflowers  , Home Tweet Home  , Bowl of Tomatoes.

I have made progress on " Bunny Kisses"  by Peonies on Sunday. This was a gift from dear Caroline. Thank you so much, dear. I am enjoying every stitch. 

This is how the embroidery looked 2 weeks ago. 

This is where it is now. What  a delightful stitch. 

That's what is going on in the holler on this Slow Stitching Sunday. I hope you are going to put up your feet and grab a needle and thread and enjoy a bit of slow stitching yourself. Have a blessed day. 


As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself- Coco Chanel

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵

 Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much. Wish you were here with us at the party.  ❤👼

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

31 comments:

  1. Happy birthay to the little guy ;) I bet he is already riding his bike ;)
    Your Summer Days quilt is very pretty, and the quilting is coming along nicely.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear. It is hard to believe how fast he is growing. He loved his bike and was riding it in no time. Have a great week and thank you for the sweet visit .

      Delete
  2. Surely your grandson is enjoying his birthday very much!!!
    It has been a very productive week for you.
    Kisses from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a wonderful birthday, Isabel. He celebrated all weekend with lots of activities including a party. I hope you have a wonderful week , Isabel . Hugs

      Delete
  3. I just discovered your blog and it is WONDERFUL! Thank you so much for your generosity! Salutations from Quebec, Canada 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah welcome, dear!!! You are so very kind. I truly appreciate you dropping by for a visit. I have been blogging for a couple of years and share quilting, stitching , thrifting and such. I sure hope you will continue visiting me. Have a wonderful week and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  4. Have fun hand quilting and embroidering the bunnies project. Happy birthday to your grandson, Melisa. Hope all the family enjoy his party as much as himself. He will be trilled with the bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ivani. I hope to make more progress on the Bunny stitch this week. After seeing your bunny embroidery , I want to finish mine similar to yours. Have a fabulous week.

      Delete
  5. Hi Melisa happy birthday to your grandson,he will be excited to get his bike. Love your summer days blocks you do such beautiful work ,well done my friend 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Shez. He had a fabulous time with all of the family and friends who attended. They grow up so fast. I am having a ball working on my Summer Days quilt. I hope to get more completed this week. Have a wonderful day. Hugs

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a happy Sunday, Melisa! Bunny Kisses is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delightful, Diann. I hope you had a great weekend as well and I wish you the most fantastic week ahead. Happy quilting and stitching.

      Delete
  7. Gr'kids' birthdays are so fun! Their energy and excitement is contagious! So glad for you that they are close so you get ot enjoy them. The bunny stitch is perfect for Valentine's &/or Easter. So pretty! That's some fancy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree, Ginny. The grandkiddos always bring a smile to my day and keep me moving; they grow so fast that is for sure. I am enjoying all of the different stitches in the Bunny Kisses piece. I hope to make more progress on it this week. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. My feet were definitely up as I took a LONG Sunday afternoon nap! Looks like you had a good stitching Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh , Susan . That sounds delightful . We need those looong naps every now and then to refresh our bodies and mind. I hope you are doing well. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday to your grand son - I love their parties and watching their eyes light up!
    The bunny embroidery is so cute! And you're making great progress on your Summer quilt. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Donna. Grandchildren's birthdays are the best!!! And mine had a great one. It was almost like Christmas with him opening all of his gifts. Lol. I have been working on the bunny embroidery during the ballgames; I hope to make more progress this week. Have a wonderful week, my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Your Spring Snaps turned out beautifully! Wishing you lots of soothing hand stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaa thank you so much, Kate. I enjoyed working on them. I am looking forward on working on more quilting this week since I have been stitching up a storm. Lol. Have a great week

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday to your grandson. . .bikes and grandkids. .. those are two good matches. I did love your stitch along. Such a sweet design!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. I agree I don't think you can go wrong getting a bike for a grandchild. He took off on it as soon as he saw it. Lol. And thank you on my stitch along too. Have a great week.

      Delete
  12. Oh!!! mi queriada amiga. muchas felicidades para tu hijo (aunque algo tarde) pues ayer mi esposo no estaba bien y estuve alejada de la red. Igual fueel cumpleaños de mi amada abuela 109 (de ser posible claro) pero lamentablemente ya no esta con nosotros.
    Igual espero tu hijo haya disfrutado mucho su pastel. ..y amo tu bunni kisses jajja bellos y adorables como siempre
    un abrazo y mi cariño de siempre de tu amiga
    Dianet de Parchesdeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear Dianet. My grandson had a grand day and enjoyed ever minute of it. I know you miss your grandmother so much. Though my grandmothers are also gone, I still remember them on their birthday and often take them flowers. Have a blessed week , my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Your quilt and embroidery are looking great! Happy birthday to your grandson, I'm sure he'll have a wonderful time celebrating!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diana. The little one had a great birthday with lots of fun, cake and family and friends.  I plan on working on my quilt more this week. I hope to at least get one more block quilted. Have a blessed week. Hugs. 

      Delete
  14. Hope your grandson had a wonderful birthday, Melisa! A bike is the perfect gift :) Love your little quilt blocks and the sweet bunny embroidery--what a nice gift from Caroline! Enjoy this last week of April (how can that be already!?!?). ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. He had a fabulous time. They grow way too fast , but you know that with your little one. It is hard to believe that this is the last week of April . This year is flying by. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Happy birthday to your grandson. Those new bikes are always so much fun! I love your embroidery and hand quilting. It will be awesome, or should I say ewesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Marti. My grandbaby had the most fabulous day and he took off on his new bike as soon as he saw it. Lol. I am so excited to have the 2nd block on the quilt quilted . Now on to the 3rd.  Have a great week, dear. 

      Delete
  16. Love the finish of your Spring Stamp SAL and that ewe block is so fun. You are making good progress on the quilting. The bunny embroidery is sew cute! Happy happy birthday to your sweet grandson. I know he will love riding his bike and you will love watching him do so! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle