Blog Archive

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Spring Stamp SAL- Spring Stamp 6 The Early Bird

Happy Saturday, sweet friends! The sun is shining brightly which is so welcome after the rainy day we had yesterday.  I will be working outside today pulling weeds and cleaning up the flower beds.  Oh , look at those messy, overgrown beds . Gosh , there are a  number of small sweet gum trees that need to be removed as well. 
 I hope I do not see a snake among the foliage for I will be running for the hills if I do. πŸπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚  I did see the 1st snake of the season the other day slither across the road heading towards my sister's house . EeK!!!

Earlier this week , I went to Lowes and grabbed a few bags of mulch while they were on sale.  I will be spreading that later. If you have your work clothes on, just come on over and we will spend the day in the garden.  πŸ˜€πŸŒΌπŸŒ»πŸŒΌ 

Speaking of gardens , yesterday I shared STAMP 5-  Spring Birdbath  where 2 sweet birdies enjoyed splashing about in the birdbath in the garden. 

 I used 2 strands of chenille  yarn as trim on my pillow finish. I  tea/coffee dyed the trim. I bought the chenille yarn from Walmart. I just twisted the yarn  and whip stitched it in place.

 To see how I  used yarn in a similar project , click here where I shared how I added a yarn trim to my Snowman Crock .

Today we have reached the end of row 2.  

Sweet Mama Bird is after a worm. She has two healthy babies back at the nest waiting for her . She has 17-21 days of feeding before the fledglings leave the nest. So she gets up bright and early for feeding time .  She is a busy gal. 

FEEDING BLUEBIRDS 
Bluebirds  rarely eat birdseed ; primarily they eat insects and berries.  In fact , 68% of their diet is made of insects such as grasshoppers, crickets, beetles, spiders and caterpillars. Natural food sources are available wherever bluebirds travel.  If you do have bluebirds nearby,   you may consider supplementing their diet with  dried mealworms . Studies have shown that supplemental feedings at the right time may be beneficial to bluebird's immune system. So you may want to research it and give it a try. 

My dough bowl is slowly filling up with sweet birdie pin pillows!!

If you are interested in stitching along with me, place grab the image below.

Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts.  ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

TIPS ON PRINTING THE CHART

So many sweet stitching friends have shared different ways in which they are able to get the charts. I would like to share them with you.    

*TIP 1- One of my dear stitching friends told me exactly how she was able to print the chart to the correct size. 

Using her phone she saved the image of the chart to her photo gallery and then emailed it to herself. From her computer or whatever device she was using she was able to then print the chart from her email and it came out without resizing it. It worked for her, maybe it would work for you if you are having trouble. 

* TIP 2 . Another stitchy friend said she did the same as in TIP 1  using her phone , but rather than emailing the chart to herself. She connects her phone directly to the printer and prints from there. Hmm! I learned something new again. πŸ˜€

TIP  3 Another dear stitcher said she enlarged the chart on her browser and then took a screen shot of it and then printed it.  She also saved the screenshot to her photos on her iPad for reference. 

TIP  4 Another  sweet stitchy friend said she clicks on the photos, presses the screen save buttons and then edits until she finds the photo she wants and then saves to photos. But she does not print it from photos because it comes out too small so she then saves it to books and  prints from there as an A4 size page.   How ingenious!! It works for her. 

TIP  5  Another option shared by another dear stitchy friend , said she right clicks the image. Several options will pop up Click  "Open image in new tab". Right click this new image and click "Save Image as..." Title it and hit save. It will save to your download file. Open and print.    

* TIP 6  Another sweet stitchy friend gave a great tip on how she creates a pdf to save for later.  On the iMac she saves each page to the downloads folder. The she uses "Command" & left clicks to select each file IN ORDER. Then wile all are highlighted , she right clicks and goes down to "Quick Actions" and selects "Create PDF" All 3 jpegs are tuned into one PDF file that she then renames to the pattern and moves it where she wants. She then deletes the jpg files to save space. When she is ready to stitch it she prints out her charts. 

* TIP 7 If you are using a computer , you might try this tip shared by another sweet friend. Right click on the page you want. Save. Right click on the image- Open with "Paint" Click on Resize. Change size of image from 100 to 200 pixels. Click OK- Then click SAVE. This saves the new size in the same folder the small sized file was.  

---If you have any other tips, I would greatly appreciate it . Ya'll know I am not too tech savvy. I do well to have got this far. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦




🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

Please  use #springstampsal and #pinkernpunkinquilting   so I can follow along or you can direct message or email me so I do not miss your stitch.  Let me apologize beforehand if it takes me a few days to reply. 




Below is a schedule: 

STAMP RELEASE SCHEDULE : 

Introduction- April 1st

Border & Header - April 3rd

Stamp  1 Spring Watering Can - April 7th

STAMP 2- Spring Planting - April  8th

STAMP 3- Bluebird and Bees April 10th

STAMP 4-The Hatchlings April  12th

STAMP 5-  Spring Birdbath -April 14th

STAMP 6 -April 15th

STAMP 7- April 17th

STAMP 8 -April- 19th

STAMP 9 -April 21st

FINAL REVEAL (FFOd) -  April 22nd

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦


In order to make it quicker for me to stitch a stamp .I  usually have several needles loaded and ready to go. 

PREP YOUR NEEDLES FOR--- STITCH

STAMP 7 

DMC COLORS

301, 356, 782, 815, 898, 930, 931, 3345, 3346, 3371, White

HINT ABOUT STAMP 7

Can you guess what will be in Stamp 7? 

The pollinators are quite happy with the seeds that were planted. 

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

Alrighty , ya'll . I better get off here. There are weeds that need to be pulled and snakes to be found !🐍 Yikes! I hope not!!! Lol πŸ˜±πŸ˜¬  

I just may  pop in later this evening with another post- it is just a chit chat post so if you are in the neighborhood drop back by.  

Have a super day!!

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

The early bird gets the worm. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 

15 comments:

  1. Happy work day in the garden! I will also be arranging the plants in my garden for a while.

    A beautiful scene: the mother blue bird has found the favorite food for her little blue birds. Like all mothers, we spend hours in the kitchen to feed our family the food they like the most and that we cook with love.

    Thank you very much, Melisa!

    Kisses from Spain,
    PilarΓ­n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Pilarin. It is always heartwarming to feed the young ones . I still love for my family to get together for large meals though my girls are grown and gone. Lol. I hope you had a productive and delightful day in the garden. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. The stamp is so sweet Melisa, I can imagine the bird taking the worm to her babies!
    We have a very unusual week for April, so warm like June! Next week the thermometer will return to the usual, but I 'm enjoying these days.
    Oh and the garden, I better start doing some work because if I forget soon it will be a jungle, haha.
    I posted the Spring Green Saltbox yesterday, I hope you'll like it!
    Have a blessed Saturday!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love following your garden adventures. I don't have one - miss it a lot - so I'll live vicariously through you! Thank you for the new stamp! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Donna. I am scaling back on my garden this year. I hope to add a few flowers and maybe a few veggies as well. I hope the weather has been nice in your area and has not gotten too hot yet.  Have a great week. Hugs. 

      Delete
  4. buenos dias Melisa amiga . Que suerte poder tener un jardin para cuidar. Ese siempre ha sido mi sueΓ±o ya que como tu amo las plantas y los animales muchisimo. Muy interesante lo que nos cuentas sobre los pajaritos azules. Estoy muy feliz de poder comenzar ahora con el sello 6! que ilusion..... hay que bordarlo rapido para que mama bird lleve su alimento a los bellos pajaritos que la esperan en el nido jajja
    un abrazo
    NOTA: tcuando puedas lee el mensaje que te deje por INSTAGRAM al privado si?
    gracas amiga un abrazo y feliz sabado de puntadas
    besos de tu amiga cuabana
    Dianet de Parchesdeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Dianet. I have always enjoyed working in the garden . I love flowers and all of the bees and butterflies that visit the garden. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my stamp. I am so happy with how it turned out. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Love the mama bird getting the worm! The sampler is filling out so beautifully! I have also been cleaning up a bit in the beds, too. We put up the hummer feeder. Guess we'll see how soon they will come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. I am excited how the Stamps are working out. Sounds like you are staying very busy with spring chores. I hope you have had a productive week in the garden. I am sure the hummers will be there soon . Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Each block is more adorable than the last! I'm so sad to be only stitching the frame at this point, but slow and steady still gets the stitching done... eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful that you are stitching along, Kathy. It was a delight to see your progress. Just take your time and let your thumb heal, but I am so glad to hear that you are able to enjoy a bit of stitching. Thank you so much, Kathy.

      Delete
  7. I like this one best, so far! It's an old saying, and one my mother often used. Such a cute bird having his breakfast. We used to raise mealworms in our classroom. They weren't pets, but I'd let the students take them out and see if they could get them to race. We fed them to the tarantula. =) Too bad we didn't have a pair of robins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Susan. I did not know that tarantulas ate mealworms. Learn something new everyday.  Thank you for the sweet visit, Susan. Hugs. 

      Delete
  8. These stamps are so sweet! Thank you for sharing with us! On my “To Do” list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When will stamp 8 comes out

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies