Blog Archive

Monday, April 17, 2023

Butterfly Kisses

Good afternoon,  ya'll .

 I am so excited! I just finished appliqueing the last of my butterfly blocks !🦋

A few years ago I bought 4 bags filled with butterflies already cut out and ready to applique. 

In August of 2021, I started appliqueing butterflies in memory of my dear sister.    Twenty blocks measuring 15 1/2" unfinished.  

I chose a sunny yellow background to represent her personality. She could instantly make you smile  and boy was she a talker. Lol. 


I have cut out 3 1/2"  red strips for the sashing  and 3 1/2" blue squares for the corner blocks. Today I will piece the blocks together. 

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
Butterfly Wishes
Dream ,hope , believe in magic
Live in the moment- Laugh out loud
Breathe... Sneak small moments
of solitude... eat more treats guilt free
Love and hug with open arms
Believe in the beautiful amazing woman you are
Be free and never ever give up. 

This sweet poem reminds me of my sis. I miss her so. 
🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋


Now onto the plans for the week. 

LAST WEEK'S GOALS

1. Work on Butterfly blocks.

2. Work on new saltbox house

3. Work on Spring Stamp SAL

4. Work on embroidery for upcoming SAL

5. Finish post for upcoming blog hop


Woo Hoo! 100%!!!! Excuse me for a moment while I do   Happy Dance again.💃💃💃

 

THIS WEEK'S GOALS

1. Piece  Butterfly blocks into a quilt.

2. Finish new saltbox cross stitch

3. Finish Spring Stamp SAL

4. Work on new embroidery

5. Go thrift shopping . Oooh! I hope I find some deals.  Maybe a quilt ! 🤔🛒🛍

6. Post quilt  for the Say What Blog Hop. 


🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋


Today starts the Say What Blog Hop hosted by  Joan at Moosestash Quilting. Several lovely ladies will be posting a quilt or project that tells a story or has words on it. If you have a chance , pop in and visit them. I am sure you will be delighted by the adorable projects that the create and you might hear a good tale too. 



Monday April 17

MooseStashQuilting

Selina Quilts

Quilt Schmilt

Patchouli Moon Studio

That Fabric Feeling

Scrapdash


🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋


All right, sweet peas. I hear a sewing machine calling me name so I better grab my butterfly blocks and get to work. Have the most beautiful day and...


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Stay positive . Work hard. Make it happen . 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much, Amo. I send my love with butterfly kisses. 


I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That
Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

 

 

31 comments:

  1. Hola dulce amiga Melisa.
    Seguramente estas bellas mariposas llegaran revoloteando a donde se encuentra tu amada Amy para llevar consigo todo tu amor y el cariño que disfrutaron en su momento miestras estaba a tu lado.
    NO lo olvides, ella se encuentra siempre contigo cuidando de ti como tu angel protector! para que seas feliz y siempre la recuerdes con ese amor que dia a dia demuestras sentir por ella y nos trasmites a todas tus fieles seguidoras.
    Animo amiga y un abrazo con todo el cariño que te pueda transmitir una amiga que te sigue y apoya cada dia, aqui en tu bello blog! Mucha luz y amor para tu querida y amada hermana Amy!!!!
    tu amiga
    Dianet de Parchesdeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear , Dianet. You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the warmest heartfelt words. I truly appreciate you. You have been such a kind friend to me. Hugs and love.

      Delete
  2. Those butterflies are so sweet on the yellow. What a pretty quilt that is going to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Sara. The sunny yellow certainly reflects my sister's personality. I am looking forward to completing it in her memory .Have a beautiful day

      Delete
  3. Oh that's so pretty ! What a nice reminder of your dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Chris. It has been a very comforting project . I am looking forward to completing it. Happy Monday

      Delete
    2. Aaw thank you so much, Chris. It has been a very comforting project . I am looking forward to completing it. Happy Monday

      Delete
  4. What a special quilt that butterfly quilt will be when finished. Thanks for sharing in the Sew & Tell Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Melva. This project has given me many hours of comfort as I have worked on it. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  5. This is going to be a Beautiful Butterfly Quilt and the sweetest touching poem for your sister. You made me tear up, it is a wonderful sentiment, thank you so much. Love and Hug with Open Arms, many to you from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so very kind, dear Mary. I am looking forward to completing it and then getting it into a hoop. I would love to have it finished by August, but those are lofty goals. Thank you for the warm words, my dear. Hugs and love.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the finish! I know your sister would have loved this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Susan , you are so very sweet, Thank you so much. I think she would too. Have a blessed day, my friend.

      Delete
  7. What a great find in those butterfly blocks - they're going to be beautiful! Looking forward to the finish. Hope you find some great things on your thrift store trip. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I think I will be making butterfly quilts for years. I have never seen so many butterflies cut out in the package that I bought. The fabrics are so interesting too. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. They have been so comforting to work on these last few months. Blessings.

      Delete
  9. I love these butterfly blocks, Melisa! They are so pretty. What a great find for them all to be cut out for you! They are awesome on the sunny yellow in memory of your sister! I know this quilt will be special to you! Thanks for joining us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. I have been working on them for over a year now. They are comforting blocks to work on and I will cherish this quilt once it is completed

      Delete
  10. Très jolis ces blocs papillons ,bonne finition .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Monique. I have enjoyed and cherished every stitch in these butterflies and look forward to piecing them into a quilt.

      Delete
  11. What a lovely memory quilt. Such a pretty tribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. It has been bringing me much comfort these last few months. Have a very lovely weekend and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  12. What a gorgeous flutter of Butterflies! A group of us had a "Winged Things" block swap some years ago and I found out that is what a group of butterflies was called. Perfect, huh? With those sashing and cornerstone colors, this quilt is going to be a beautiful Spring-Summer quilt! It will definitely be a warm, loving hug from Amy to wrap up in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well how interesting. I learn something new every day and that is a perfect for a group of butterflies. I bet your Winged Things swap was a whole lot of fun. I can not wait to get this quilt completed in memory of my dear sis. Thank you dear Ginny for the kind words.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. You are so very kind, dear Isabel. Thank you so much. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  14. Great job on the butterflies, now let them flutter into a finished top!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I am so ready to put them into a quilt. This is going to be one of my cherished quilts once it is completed. Blessings.

      Delete
  15. Such beautiful butterfly blocks! Wow! This cheerful quilt is a beautiful way to honor your sister!
    Though it sounds like she passed some time ago, please accept my deepest condolences. I prayed for your comfort and loved ones.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I truly appreciate your kind words, dear. It has been 20 months since my dear sis has been gone. Working on these blocks has brought me a bit of comfort. I hope to start a new one for her soon. Thank you again for your sweet words.

      Delete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.