Blog Archive

Sunday, April 16, 2023

A Slow Stitching Adventure

Hello , Sweet Peeps. Sunday has rolled around again. 
The adventures with my Summer Days Quilt continues.

This week  I put the quilt into a hoop and  began the  quilting adventure. The first block quilt is A Bowl of Berries .

            ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“
 A Bowl of Berries had to be quilted first . By the end of the month, it will be strawberry season here.  Yum! I am already dreaming of strawberry shortcake! 

I decided to quilt around the embroidery and 1/4" from the seams. 
The 1st block is complete, and I will move the hoop to the 2nd  block  today. 

I   am as pleased as punch  to have FFoed "Clover" a darling freebie from Vickie at A Stitcher's Story and  Threadwork Primitives' freebie "Lucky Shamrock" which I stitched in 2022. 
 These will be packed in away with all of the  other St. Patrick's Day pieces until next year. What a delight they will be to put on display next year.

Tomorrow I will be posting Stamp 7 in the Spring Stamp Collection SAL. 
If you are on Instagram and you have the chance, check out #springstampsal and see all of the different versions of the Spring Stamps. I love seeing all of the different versions.  I can never thank you all enough for being so supportive. 

๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ

Tomorrow also  starts the Say What Blog Hop hosted by  Joan at Moosestash Quilting.  So you know that will be a lot of fun. 



Well, I hope I haven't chatted your ears off. I will let you go, but I do look forward to our sweet visit tomorrow. Have the most lovely day, my dears and don't forget-  YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Hugs and love



Pictured are my Carrot Trifle,  Beatrice  and Cosmic Handmade's freebie "Spring"

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Happiness is a bowl of fresh berries! 

Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much. What  I would give to have you here. ❤๐Ÿ‘ผ

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 


31 comments:

  1. Truly spectacular, Melissa!
    I love how you are doing. Each pattern you share is even more beautiful than the last
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable bunny vignette towards the bottom of your post, Melisa! Your first block in the Summer Quilt looks fabulous as quilted up. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I will be putting up the bunnies here soon, but I truly enjoyed having the carrots and bunnies out for the month. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, Melisa, for sharing your talents with us. I will be stitching your oh-so-sweet Spring Stamp Collection as soon as I find some fabric for it. Yes, I am late to the game, but happy to play anyway. :) And I love your little ceramic bluebird who cheerfully looks on in so many of the photos. I am keeping a lookout in the shops so I can have a happy little bluebird to watch over my stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you so much, dear. I am so delighted that you will be stitching along with me. I hope you enjoy every stitch as much as I did . Oh I hope you do find a sweet ceramic bluebird to place with your stitching. I found mine years ago at the thrift shop and my pair has inspired so many of my stitches. Have a great week and happy stitching.

      Delete
  4. Such a great summer quilt! Nice frames around the embroideries, and simple and nice quilting all around. Very cute the little simple words you have embroidered and thanks for the links you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Birthe.I am so happy to be working on the Summer Quilt. I would love to have it completed by summer time, but time will tell. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  5. Love the darling spring birds in your stitcheries. The quilting project is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Annie. It has been such a delight to work on the Spring stitchery. I am looking forward to it being completed. Have a great week and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  6. Oh, you are so busy and having so much fun!!! (Snakes not included, LOL) The boys look so professional and isn't it a great feeling to be a Granny Cheerleader!!! Your thrift store find was spectacularly great!! I am in love with your Bunny displays, so sweet and adorable. Summer and starwberries are coming this way soon. I did find out that we have Western Bluebirds, but I think that they like the higher elevations because of the heat here in the Valley. Have a great Sunday, will be eager for tomorrow's chart. Hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear, Mary. It was a busy week. Lol my grandbabies are growing that is for sure. Oh how fun that there is a Western Bluebird. I will have to search for a photo to see how similar it is to the Eastern bluebird. We did not start seeing here at my house until a couple of years ago. I love seeing them. Have a wonderful week, my dear and stay cool. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  7. Happiness is a bowl of fresh berries for sure! Your bowl of berries block is looking so great! I hope I can stitch a little bit more of the spring SAL today! Happy Sunday!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diana. I am looking forward to fresh berries here soon. I hope you have a lovely evening stitching and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I can’t wait for strawberry season either!!! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh strawberries are my favorite. Have a great week, Gail and thank you for the sweet visit

      Delete
  9. Your Spring stamp collection is the cutest design ever! I had fun with the bluebird and Bees- maybe I'll do another one. Meanwhile I'm finishing up some strawberry designs. Yours look sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diann. I am so happy that you enjoyed the Bluebird and Bees . I hope you have a wonderful week stitching and can not wait to see your strawberries.

      Delete
  10. That first block of Summer Days Quilt looks awesome! I really do admire your ability to hand-quilt your beauties! Loving the Spring Stamps too. My kiddos went to the strawberry fields on Good Friday and picked three buckets of them! They love to do that every year. Have an awesome week, Melisa and thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Brenda. I find hand quilting very relaxing. Oooh fresh berries. I hope they made something good out of them or did they gobble them up before they got home? Lol. It is hard to resist fresh berries. Have a great week. Hugs

      Delete
  11. You've gotten off to a good start with Summer Days. Hopefully you can finish a lot before we actually see those hot steamy days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I sure hope so Kate. I am going to try my hardest to get it done by summer. Fingers crossed. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  12. I see your children's book "MeToo". I had that book as a little girl and loved it. I always search at thrift shops for another copy of it. Loving the bluebird SAL even though I am behind in the stitching. Thank you for the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the "Me Too" book last year at a yard sale with a number of other sweet books of my childhood. I love children's books . I have a couple of books that I am on the search for too that were from my childhood. I wish you the best of luck in your search and thank you so much for stitching along with me. I hope you are enjoying it, dear.

      Delete
  13. Your Summer quilt is inspiring! Your posts never fail to give me fresh ideas! Thank you, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ginny. I am very excited to be working on the Summer Days quilt. I would love to have it completed by summer time. Fingers crossed. Happy Monday .

      Delete
  14. Sweet Summer Days Quilt! I love this block so yummy ;) Pretty Spring decorations too.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Frederique. I hope to make more progress on this quilt this week. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  15. Love that patchwork teddy bear. He's gorgeous. I hope he gets to sit out for many months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Bonnie. I have had that little guy for many years. He is a favorite.  Have a lovely evening. 

      Delete
  16. I love your designs, thank you so much for sharing them! Getting ready to stitch some but don't know which to do first, they are all so cute. I was wondering did you design the Spring pillow with the bunny and carrots in the photo above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, dear. I sure do hope you enjoy my humble designs. The Spring design is a darling freebie from Cosmic Handmade and is on her blog. I will put a link below the photo. I stitched it years ago and it was a fun stitch. Have a great day.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle