Blog Archive

Monday, April 3, 2023

Spring Stamp Collection SAL- Header & Borders Spring Freebie

 Oh, I am so excited! Welcome , ya'll!!

 My Spring Stamp Collection SAL is starting today with the borders and header for the Spring stamps. If you missed the introduction about it click here for more information about the theme, flosses and inspiration. 

Thanks to my stitchy friends I am all set to go with all the pretties to use and admire as I stitch. Dear Vickie made me the project folder and  sweet Patricia made me the ort container and gifted me the sewing set. Aren't all of these just the cutest? They often stay in my to go bag with projects in tow.  Thank you my friends.  

I am using my Nesting Bluebird  trifle as my scissor fob. 

I stitched my large Spring Stamp Collection on 14 count coffee/tea dyed aida. The design size is 107 x 132 which on 14 count aida measures about 7 5/8" x 9 3/8" . It fits perfectly in an 8"x 10" frame. 

Of course, each stamp can be stitched   individually too. 

One wee stamp has a design size of 35 x 35 which on 14 count aida would be about 2 1/2" squared. 

I will be stitching the large piece and each stamp individually . My individual stamps will be made into pin pillows which will be displayed in a dough bowl or perhaps on my Spring tree. 

To make it quicker. I stitched all of my borders at once. Then all I have to do is fill in the motifs on the given day. 

The word "Spring" is stitched in #898. The wee birds are stitched in 930 , 931, & 356. I used 3371 to create  a French knot for each of the birdie's eye. The butterflies are stitched in 223 and 3740 . 3371 was used to create the body and antennae of the butterflies .   All the borders are stitched in 815. 


If you are interested in stitching along with me, place grab the image below.

Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts.  ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.

OOPS -I forgot to mention in the directions that I used 3371 to create a French Knot for the birdies' eye.  ⬇





This is a very busy time of the year around here in the holler so I will not release a stamp every day like I did with the Autumn Stamp. Below is a tentative schedule. If something happens to where I will be late, I certainly will post it. 

Below is a schedule: 

STAMP RELEASE SCHEDULE : 

Introduction- April 1st

BORDER & HEADER- April 3rd

STAMP 1 April 7th

STAMP 2-April  8th

STAMP 3- April 10th

STAMP 4-April  12th

STAMP 5- April 14th

STAMP 6 -April 15th

STAMP 7- April 17th

STAMP 8 -April- 19th

STAMP 9 -April 21st

FINAL REVEAL (FFOd) -  April 22nd




In order to make it quicker for me to stitch a stamp .I  usually have several needles loaded and ready to go. 

On FRIDAY APRIL 7th, I will be sharing Stamp 1. So get those needles ready. 

PREP YOUR NEEDLES TO STITCH

STAMP 1 

DMC COLORS

356, 646,  782, 815, 930, 931, 3345, 3371

HINT ABOUT STAMP 1

Can you guess what will be in Stamp 1? 

 Everybirdie knows you need this to water your plants? 


I am tickled pink that you dropped by for a sweet visit and to check out my little Spring SAL. 

Just a reminder that you may get ahead of me because ball season has started and I got to sweet  grand youngins' playing ball several times a week. You know I can't miss that . Lol. 


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Spring is the time of plans and projects- Leo Tolstoy

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 


Please  use #springstampsal and #pinkernpunkinquilting   so I can follow along or you can direct message or email me so I do not miss your stitch.  Let me apologize beforehand if it takes me a few days to reply. 


20 comments:

  1. (Since my level of English is lousy, I use Google Translator)

    Thank you very much, Melisa, for your generosity and creativity, as well as for sharing this spring project.
    Spring in the area of Spain (NE) where I live is being very dry. The reservoirs are with very little reserve water. A difficult summer is expected. So I am very afraid that my garden will notice it excessively: I will be able to water very little. They don't let you fill the pools or water the grass with sprinklers, they only let you water plants with a watering can (my pots will survive, but the rest... I think will die).
    About stamp 1: I think it would be great if one of your little birds would help me water with the watering can!!!

    Thank you very much and kisses from Spain,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Pilarin. It is so interesting to hear what Spring is like in your area. I wish I could send you some of the rains that we have been experiencing here lately so that all of your reservoirs could be filled and you could enjoy a lush green garden. I hope you are able to enjoy your potted plants though. It does make it so hard to be restricted on water usage . Happy Spring my , dear . Hugs

      Oh yes a little birdie with a watering can would do wonders too, lol.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning and thank you again for the SAL. Looking forward to stitching it and hopefully won't fall too far behind! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon , dear Donna. I am so excited that you are joining me. Don't you worry a bit about falling behind. I just hope you enjoy every stitch. Happy Monday, my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Good morning Melisa! Thank you for doing this SAL and sharing your creativity with us, I will be starting today as I wait for my daughter when she's at her piano lessons in the afternoon, it's a half hour lesson, but that half hour of waiting while I cross stitch or do some crochet is golden for me, lol!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon , Diana. I remember those days of waiting for my girls to finish their practices and yes those few stitching minutes are golden . I sure hope you have a very lovely day and thank you again , my dear for the sweet visit and for stitching along. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Oh this is going to be so cute! Thank you for making a Spring one to rival with that Autumn one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAah you are so welcome, Vicki and thank you. I hope to have a stamp collection for all of the seasons in the near future. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. What lovely goodies from your friends, Melisa! Looking forward to seeing the first block!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I am looking forward to sharing the 1st block on Friday. Today I am stitching the header into a little pillow I hope to get it completed very soon. Hope you are having a very lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. What a fun project, Melisa! This is going to be so cute! I love the robins in the border. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday! I have been obsessed with this little birdie lately, Brenda. I am having a ball working on this SAL. I hope your week is off to a lovely start and you are well rested from your trip. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I cannot wait for this! Your designs are such a pleasure to stitch. I'm currently doing the sheep in the hat I'm loving every bit of it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I am so excited to hear that you are stitching Erin Ewe and that you are enjoying it. That brings a smile to my day . Thank you so much, Lori. I hope you enjoy these new spring stamps as well. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. I am so excited to follow along with your with this sweet Spring SAL! Thank you so much, this is going to be fun. The weather is finally springtime in AZ, but I am afraid that it will be a short spring starting so late. Have wonderful times with your sweet little ball players, this is a great memory that will last a life time. My grands were so excited to have family watch and cheer!! Sending you sweet hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad that it is warming up, dear Mary. I am sure in no time the heat will be on and the temps will be sky high. I do love visiting AZ during the summer time though. It is a beautiful state. We love attending each and every ballgame and the boys always have a great time. Hugs and blessings, my dear friend.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful beginning! Love the header! Even with some warmer weather, can you believe it snowed off and on yesterday?! Sheesh! Thankfully, it didn't stay for long. This has been a strange year so far. I'm so glad you share your pictures of a warm and happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it is time for the snow to go. Don't you think, Ginny? Winter just doesn't want to let go of ya'll. So glad it melted quickly. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear Isabel. Have a very lovely weekend. Hugs

      Delete

Popular Posts

Home Sweet Home