Blog Archive

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Short and Sweet Sunday Stitching

 Welcome, ya'll and a very happy Sunday to you! 

 Have you pulled out your Slow Stitching piece for today?   

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts is keeping us motivated with  the Slow Stitching link party each Sunday so if you have a chance hop over and visit her and all of the lovely ladies linking up. 

My needle and thread will be meandering among the butterflies in my Butterfly Kisses quilt . I shared my finished top on Friday

 I have completed 3 blocks so far. 

It takes 2 1/2 hours to quilt one block. 

I am quilting 1/4" around the butterflies and then a bit of quilting in the wings.  The sashing has a cable design quilted in it. 

Well this was a short and sweet visit. Wasn't it?  I didn't chat your ears off. 😃 

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Have a blessed day! 

Lizzie Kate's 4 Seasons Flip It - Spring- finished on a Dollar Tree sign. 

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself- Coco Chanel

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵

 Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much. Wish you were here with us at the party.  ❤👼

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 
Thought I would leave you with a little Sunday quilt stack in the laundry theme. Nanny never did laundry on Sundays. She was a night owl and at 12:01 a. m. on Monday morning she would put her laundry in the machine.  Breakfast was done by 4:30 a.m for Papa.  - biscuits, gravy and crisp bacon. Oh so yummy! - Sweet Memories! 

24 comments:

  1. Your butterfly top is looking good, Melisa. Your little Sunday stack is darling. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. This quilt is comforting to work on . Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Love the butterfly quilt. Love your Sunday stack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karrin. You are so very kind. I appreciate the sweet Sunday visit. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. Your butterfly quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Linda. It is a joy to work on this quilt. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful quilt, I love butterflies! And your Sunday quilt stack is so sweet, have a blessed Sunday!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, Diana. I am enjoying working on this quilt. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful butterfly top! Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Deb. Thank you so much; I am enjoying working on it. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  6. OMGoodness! That little snippet about your Nanny was priceless! 12:01 Monday and the laundry is started. LOL Breakfast that early?! I don't even think I could digest more than coffee at that hour. That's farmers for you, right? You're making great progress on the butterfly quilt. I'm still plugging away at my QOV quilt top. Designing is a very slow process for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Nanny and Papa were early risers. Dinner was at 10:30 a.m/11. and Supper at 3:00 Lol. I have had a great time working on the butterfly quilt; it has been relaxing. I hope you have a great week working on the QOV top; I know it will be a beautiful and special quilt. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your butterfly quilt is lovely! I am so inspired by your hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, dear. The hand quilting is so relaxing to me. Have a blessed week. Hugs. 

      Delete
  8. Your quilting is wonderful on those pretty butterflies, Melisa! Hope you've had a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. I am enjoying the quilting so much. I hope I will be able to work on it more later this week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  9. What a cute butterfly quilt. Yikes, 2.5 hours per block...you have way more patience than I do. I can't imagine having breakfast at 4:30 in the morning! How about 8:30 or 9. It's great to be retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Bonnie. The quilting is so relaxing to me; the 2 1/2 hours seem to fly by for me. I guess cause I am having so much fun. Lol.Oh yes Breakfast at 9 sounds lovely. I agree retirement is the best!!! Have an awesome week. 

      Delete
  10. Your butterfly quilt is so nice! Is it all hand quilted? Such beautiful talent! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I hand appliqued and machine pieced it, but all of the quilting will be done by hand. I never learned how to machine quilt so that is why it takes me forever to finish a quilt . Lol. but I enjoy it. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Such a fun project to be stitching on while its Spring. Your butterflies are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying every stitch too. Thank you for the sweet visit, Kate. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  12. Short and sweet and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always make my day, sweet Susan. Thank you so much. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour