Blog Archive

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter, dear friends and welcome. What a beautiful day it is! 

Today Mr. Pinker and I will be hosting Easter dinner. The family will be here around noon and after enjoying a good meal and company, we will be entertained by the grandchildren and nephews as they hunt Easter eggs.  Last night we worked on making some make ahead sides like cornbread salad, broccoli salad , deviled eggs and such. 

 I have enjoyed my Easter displays this year even though I feel as though I was late about getting them out. This sweet lamb stitch is  a freebie from  Subrosa and is called "Waiting for Easter" which can be found on her blog in the March 13, 2015  post.  



The grandbabies had their 1st ball game of the season. They had lots of fun and I enjoyed every minute watching them. 

While watching, I worked on a new embroidery which was gifted to me by a dear Caroline. Is those bunnies not the cutest?!!!
This kit called  "The Bunny Kisses" is by Peonies on Sunday and was packaged so beautifully. It includes a preprinted panel,  a very detailed instruction booklet, needle, hoop   and flosses.  I will continue working on these adorable bunnies today.  Thank you so much , Caroline. Hugs

Later in the evening, I will try to put in a good amount of stitching in my Easter quilt. 

Here it is all spread out on my comfy stitchy chair. 


A Sunday post would not be complete without a sweet Sunday quilt stack. Small quilts stacked in one of my daughter's Easter wagons. 


Well, sweeties , I need to get back into the kitchen. There is still lots to cook and the table needs to be set. I am so grateful for the sweet visit.  I hope you have a  blessed and wonderful Easter,  and  I hope you get to spend it with those you love and cherish. 

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

"He has risen, Have faith in him... And he will always be there for you. "

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much. What  I would give to have you here. ❤👼

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

48 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you have a wonderful Easter celebration planned with your family, Melisa. How wonderful to enjoy delicious food and fun times. Your gifted embroidery is a sweet one.Those bunnies are so cute. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Kim. I do enjoy when the whole family gets together and I am always excited to watch the kiddos. I hope your Easter is a blessed one.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter, Melisa! Enjoy your family time, and hunting eggs ;) Your Easter quilt is fun and pretty!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear for the sweet Sunday visit and kind words. I wish you a very Happy Easter as well.

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter, Melisa! Enjoy your day with your family - make lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you a very happy and blessed Easter as well, Darlene. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aaah I hope you had a very happy Easter too, dear. Thank you for the sweet Sunday visit.

      Delete
  5. A Blessed Easter to you and your family, Melisa. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , Donna. I hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Happy Easter! What is cornbread salad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I hope you had a wonderful Easter too. Oooh cornbread salad is so yummy. It has cornbread, pinto beans, tomatoes, peppers and cheese in it. I will have to share the my Nanny's recipe .

      Delete
  7. Bunny Kisses is so cute, as are all your Easter stitcheries, Melisa! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. I am really enjoying each stitch on it. I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I hope you had a very lovely and blessed Easter , Jan. Thank you so much for the sweet Sunday visit.

      Delete
  9. How sweet are the works you show today and I hope you enjoy this beautiful family celebration a lot, Melissa!!
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Isabel. It was such a lovely day with the family. I hope you had a blessed one as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Happy Easter to you and yours as well. I love your Easter quilt -- all the peek-a-boo bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter, Susie. I hope you had a fabulous day with your family. Thank you so much on my quilt. I hope to be closing in on a finish soon.

      Delete
  11. Happy Easter!
    Enjoy your dinner & family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I hope you had a very Happy Easter with your family. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  12. Happy Easter celebration, Melisa. Bunny Kisses is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ivani. I hope you had a wonderful Easter. After seeing your bunny stitchery, I am wanting to finish Bunny Kisses like yours - into a small quilt. Thank you for the inspiration.

      Delete
  13. I'm sure you are e joying your wonderful family Easter meal. We are away at a special Easter Caravan Rally, lots of entertainment and a tasty catered dinner last evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter, Jenny. I am so excited to hear that you and Robin are back on the road. It sounds like a wonderful gathering. I look forward to hearing more about it in your future posts. You always get me itching to head out on another camping trip. Lol. Enjoy.

      Delete
  14. Happy Easter. Enjoy your visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very Happy Easter to you, Deb. I sure hope your day was a fabulous one.

      Delete
  15. Happy Easter - sounds like a lovely day with family and love to see your Easter decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jennifer for the kind words and sweet Sunday visit. I hope your Easter was a joyous and blessed one.

      Delete
  16. It certainly was a perfect day for Easter yesterday, with the sun shining and a bit warmer, we had a great celebration, I hope you had a great Easter with your family too!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how wonderful , Diana. I am so glad the weather cooperated and the sun was shining brightly. We were able to sit on the patio and enjoy the day as well. Hugs

      Delete
  17. Hope you had a good time with your family. Cute kissing bunnies! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Gail. It was a wonderful Easter and family gathering. I have really been enjoying Bunny kisses. It is a fun stitch. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  18. Sounds like you had a fantastic Easter with the family. We've not had Easter with the extended family since Covid, I really missed that this year. The bunnies are really cute. Hope you got in lots of slow stitching during all the visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very lovely Easter, Kate. I hope that you and your extended family will be able to enjoy a get together in the near future. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  19. Melisa I bet your family had a wonderful time hanging out with you! We missed having anyone over yesterday, so I wish I was your neighbor - lol! Your Easter dinner sounds delicious. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a delight when the family gathers. I wish we could do it more often. Lol. I wish you were here , you could have joined right in with all the fun. Thank you for the sweet visit, Linda and have a great weekend

      Delete
  20. What a wonderful Easter with family and also hanging out at the games! Love the sweet bunnies in the embroidery you are working on and love your Easter quilt! After church, ours went to the MeMaw's for lunch with my SILs family. We were invited but Mr. Songbird's regular work days are Sunday-Thursday since he supports a company they own in Australia and they are about 17-18 hours ahead of us! But...at least he gets to do it from home! Have a blessed week and thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear you got to have a very lovely lunch and visit with family. How interesting that Mr. Songbird works for a company so far away. It is so nice to be able to work from home . I can only imagine how he would have to get used to the time difference. Thank you for the sweet visit, Brenda

      Delete
  21. Thank you for the sweet Easter thoughts. Family is everything, after Christ and His father. The bunnies and the lamb are terrific, thanks for sharing those. I'll bet the egg hunt was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful time. I am already looking forward to the next family gathering. I hope you have a great weekend, Susan. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  22. Happy Easter to you, too, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ginny. I hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter with your loved ones as well.Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  23. You have the cutest displays of bunnies. I got out the spring quilts but the bunnies never saw the light of day. Sigh. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, Bonnie. I enjoyed pulling out the bunnies for spring this year. The Spring quilts always seem to brighten everything up after the cold winters. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  24. Love to see your easter quilt getting some stitches! Happy Easter and thank you for the joy you bring to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are the sweetest, Kathy. Thank you so much for brightening my day. I was able to move the hoop on my Easter quilt this week so I am making progress. Have a great weekend.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies