Blog Archive

Monday, April 17, 2023

Spring Stamp SAL - Stamp 7 Blooms, Bees & the Bluebird

Welcome , Welcome, my dears.  How was your weekend? I hope it was a good one. I had a fabulous weekend working on my quilts which one I showed you yesterday. Later in the evening I am going to post a 2nd post to show you the 2nd quilt that I worked on. So if you have a chance drop back by . 

Anywhoo, we are on the last week of the Spring Stamp SAL and we are sliding down to row 3 of the stamps. 

On Saturday, I shared STAMP 6 - The Early Bird.  The early bird gets the worm , you know. 

Today's stamp is called "Blooms, Bees and the Bluebird"


I love sitting  on the porch and watching the birds in the garden.  Most of my flowers are in flower pots because we have very poor soil here in the holler.  Often I will see birds on the ground near the pots and occasionally in a pot themselves. That is what inspired this little stamp. 

Notice that I backstitched a rim onto the terra cotta pot using DMC 898.  I DID NOT CHART THIS but the stripes on the bees' bodies is created using one strand of  DMC 3371 . 

Graphic Fairy

  

LANDSCAPING FOR BLUEBIRDS

You may be able to attract bluebirds and other birds through your landscaping. Plant native plants that have adapted to your climate. Bluebirds are attracted to berry producing shrubs, vines and trees such as flowering dogwood, foster holly, eastern red cedar, american elderberry as well as blackberry, blueberry and raspberry plants . 


If you are interested in stitching along with me, place grab the image below.

Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts.  ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

TIPS ON PRINTING THE CHART

So many sweet stitching friends have shared different ways in which they are able to get the charts. I would like to share them with you.    

*TIP 1- One of my dear stitching friends told me exactly how she was able to print the chart to the correct size. 

Using her phone she saved the image of the chart to her photo gallery and then emailed it to herself. From her computer or whatever device she was using she was able to then print the chart from her email and it came out without resizing it. It worked for her, maybe it would work for you if you are having trouble. 

* TIP 2 . Another stitchy friend said she did the same as in TIP 1  using her phone , but rather than emailing the chart to herself. She connects her phone directly to the printer and prints from there. Hmm! I learned something new again. 😀

TIP  3 Another dear stitcher said she enlarged the chart on her browser and then took a screen shot of it and then printed it.  She also saved the screenshot to her photos on her iPad for reference. 

TIP  4 Another  sweet stitchy friend said she clicks on the photos, presses the screen save buttons and then edits until she finds the photo she wants and then saves to photos. But she does not print it from photos because it comes out too small so she then saves it to books and  prints from there as an A4 size page.   How ingenious!! It works for her. 

TIP  5  Another option shared by another dear stitchy friend , said she right clicks the image. Several options will pop up Click  "Open image in new tab". Right click this new image and click "Save Image as..." Title it and hit save. It will save to your download file. Open and print.    

* TIP 6  Another sweet stitchy friend gave a great tip on how she creates a pdf to save for later.  On the iMac she saves each page to the downloads folder. The she uses "Command" & left clicks to select each file IN ORDER. Then wile all are highlighted , she right clicks and goes down to "Quick Actions" and selects "Create PDF" All 3 jpegs are tuned into one PDF file that she then renames to the pattern and moves it where she wants. She then deletes the jpg files to save space. When she is ready to stitch it she prints out her charts. 

* TIP 7 If you are using a computer , you might try this tip shared by another sweet friend. Right click on the page you want. Save. Right click on the image- Open with "Paint" Click on Resize. Change size of image from 100 to 200 pixels. Click OK- Then click SAVE. This saves the new size in the same folder the small sized file was.  

---If you have any other tips, I would greatly appreciate it . Ya'll know I am not too tech savvy. I do well to have got this far. 😂😏

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦






🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

Please  use #springstampsal and #pinkernpunkinquilting   so I can follow along or you can direct message or email me so I do not miss your stitch.  Let me apologize beforehand if it takes me a few days to reply. 

 Below is a schedule: 

STAMP RELEASE SCHEDULE : 

Introduction- April 1st

Border & Header - April 3rd

Stamp  1 Spring Watering Can - April 7th

STAMP 2- Spring Planting - April  8th

STAMP 3- Bluebird and Bees April 10th

STAMP 4-The Hatchlings April  12th

STAMP 5-  Spring Birdbath -April 14th

STAMP 6 - The Early BirdApril 15th

STAMP 7- April 17th

STAMP 8 -April- 19th

STAMP 9 -April 21st

FINAL REVEAL (FFOd) -  April 22nd

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

In order to make it quicker for me to stitch a stamp .I  usually have several needles loaded and ready to go. 

PREP YOUR NEEDLES FOR

STAMP 8

DMC COLORS

223, 356,   782, 815, 898, 930, 931, 3345, 3346, 3371, 3740

HINT ABOUT STAMP 8

Can you guess what will be in Stamp 8? 

The little birdie will be enjoying one of the early spring blooms of the season. I wonder what flower that would be? 

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

Have a beautiful day , my dears. I will be posting my Monday Making post around noon sharing a quilt and my goals for the week. 


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

I will go pick daisies and have a happy heart. - Kimber Annie Engstrom

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 

19 comments:

  1. Another cutie - thank you. When I see bluebirds, I think of my mom and dad who loved them so much! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely memory, Donna. I am sure seeing one brings comfort as well. When I see a cardinal I think of my Nanny and now it is one of my favorite birds. Thank you for the sweet Monday visit.

      Delete
  2. Another adorable block, Melisa! Hard to believe we are on the last three blocks! Have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you , Robin.  I can not believe it is almost over with. Lol. Hope your week is off to a great start. Hugs. 

      Delete
    2. Aah thank you , Robin.  I can not believe it is almost over with. Lol. Hope your week is off to a great start. Hugs. 

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Isabel. This one stitched up quickly too. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Hola Melisa amiga muy buenos dias! Ya tenemos tarea!!!!! manos a la obra. me encanta! gracias por compartirlo besos de tu amiga

    Dianet de Parchesdeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol just 2 more stamps after this and then Spring Break! LOL. Thank you so much dear Dianet. I hope you enjoy the newest stamp. Hugs

      Delete
  5. Aww... you've created so many cute bluebird charts, Melisa. I should really try to attract bluebirds to my house--I've only ever seen a couple in the almost 40 years we've lived here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Carol.. I have enjoyed stitching them. I just started seeing them around here about 5 years ago. Now they are one of the early birds of spring . My mom put up some bluebird boxes and now she has visitors to the boxes every year.

      Delete
  6. Thank you once again for such a cute block/stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Kim. I just loved seeing your progress. Thank you so much for stitching along with me. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. This one is so cute too! Thank you for another treasure Melisa!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so welcome, dear Diana and thank you for the sweet Monday visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I am SEW far behind, but I'm collecting these and will start on them as soon as possible!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. I hope you enjoy these little stamps. Spring and Summer time is very busy for us all. I hope you have been able to enjoy the warm weather that we have been having lately . Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Love your bluebirds!!! My dad was always so thrilled when he'd get a bluebird in one of his birdhouses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Nancy. I am so touched that this brought back a fond memory of your dad. My mom has a bluebird box and it is always fun to see them come each year so I understand your dad's excitement. Have a very lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle