Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Spring Stamp SAL Stamp 4 The Hatchlings


Happy happy Hump Day!!! It's Wednesday already?   How come Spring and Summer days seem to fly by even though the days are longer. 🤔 Well I guess time flies when you are having fun.  For the last 2 evenings , Mr Pinker and I have been enjoying ballgames in the evening. Today we will have a break and then back to the ballfield tomorrow evening.  However ,we will be heading into the city today  for doctor's appointments and such. 
I am so sorry that I haven't been able to catch up with you these last few days. I am looking forward to Friday when I can sit down and relax, visit blogs and enjoy seeing all of the pretties on IG. 

Can't have a garden without bees. 

Today I am sharing "Stamp 4  The Hatchlings"

Look at that one birdie that is eyeing the butterfly. "No butterfly snacks today , Sweetie" .🦋🦋
After stitching the nest , I used DMC 301 to create long stitches in the nest. 

WATCH THOSE NESTS AND BIRD BOXES FOR HATCHLINGS

Bluebirds may use the same nest for multiple broods. Bluebird chicks hatch  blind and are mostly naked with patches of gray down. They weigh about .08 ounces. That's teeny!  They remain in the nest for 17-21 days entirely dependent on their parents for nutritional needs until they are able to find food for themselves.  When fledgling bluebirds leave their nest, they do not return. 


   If you are interested in stitching along with me, place grab the image below.

Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts.  ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

TIPS ON PRINTING THE CHART

So many sweet stitching friends have shared different ways in which they are able to get the charts. I would like to share them with you.    

*TIP 1- One of my dear stitching friends told me exactly how she was able to print the chart to the correct size. 

Using her phone she saved the image of the chart to her photo gallery and then emailed it to herself. From her computer or whatever device she was using she was able to then print the chart from her email and it came out without resizing it. It worked for her, maybe it would work for you if you are having trouble. 

* TIP 2 . Another stitchy friend said she did the same as in TIP 1  using her phone , but rather than emailing the chart to herself. She connects her phone directly to the printer and prints from there. Hmm! I learned something new again. 😀

TIP  3 Another dear stitcher said she enlarged the chart on her browser and then took a screen shot of it and then printed it.  She also saved the screenshot to her photos on her iPad for reference. 

TIP  4 Another  sweet stitchy friend said she clicks on the photos, presses the screen save buttons and then edits until she finds the photo she wants and then saves to photos. But she does not print it from photos because it comes out too small so she then saves it to books and  prints from there as an A4 size page.   How ingenious!! It works for her. 

TIP  5  Another option shared by another dear stitchy friend , said she right clicks the image. Several options will pop up Click  "Open image in new tab". Right click this new image and click "Save Image as..." Title it and hit save. It will save to your download file. Open and print.    

If you have any other tips, I would greatly appreciate it . Ya'll know I am not too tech savvy. I do well to have got this far. 😂😏

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦  






🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

Below is a schedule: 

STAMP RELEASE SCHEDULE : 

Introduction- April 1st

Border & Header - April 3rd

Stamp  1 Spring Watering Can - April 7th

STAMP 2- Spring Planting - April  8th

STAMP 3- Bluebird and Bees April 10th

STAMP 4-April  12th

STAMP 5- April 14th

STAMP 6 -April 15th

STAMP 7- April 17th

STAMP 8 -April- 19th

STAMP 9 -April 21st

FINAL REVEAL (FFOd) -  April 22nd

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦


In order to make it quicker for me to stitch a stamp .I  usually have several needles loaded and ready to go. 

PREP YOUR NEEDLES FOR--- STITCH

STAMP 5 

DMC COLORS

355, 356, 646,  782, 815, 930, 931, 3346, 3371

HINT ABOUT STAMP 5

Can you guess what will be in Stamp 5? 

Splish! Splash! Every birdie needs a _____.  

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

Stamp 5 will be posted on Friday. It is another on of my favorites 

Thank ya'll for the sweet visit. I hope ya'll are having fun !


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

May my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living. -  E. E. Cummings

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

A little nest at my sister's homeplace. 

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo.  

28 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love your nice patterns! Hope, I can stitch them in a while....Hugs from Denmark, ulrike :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ulrike . I hope that you enjoy them . Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet! Love this SAL! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so welcome, Donna and thank you . You are the sweetest. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  3. The hatchlings are so adorable! I hope your trip to the city and your appointments go well, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Robin. I had a great time working on these little characters. I am so grateful that we do not have to go into the city that often , but all went well. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. That is the sweetest stamp Melisa! I hope you'll have a nice time in the city!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diana. We do not go into the city that often, but it was a nice day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Sweet little baby birdies! Definitely means Spring is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy seeing the new baby birds during Spring. Thank you for the sweet visit, Susie. Hugs

      Delete
  6. Thanks for another adorable design. I can almost hear those baby birds chirping in their nest.
    First thing every morning I open your blog. You have such a gift for writing and design. You make your readers feel like they are on the farm with you and your designs are inspirational. Hugs and best stitches 🪡
    Cindyls5462
    PS I'm currently stitching your Basket of Honeysuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw you made my day, Cindy; I am so honored you start your day off with a sweet visit to my neck of the woods. Oh , I am so excited that you are working on Basket of Honeysuckle. I made a correction a few weeks ago. I listed it on my blog in the July 12, 2022 post if you didn't see it. I mislabeled the green in the vine and used a different symbol. I hope you enjoy it. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Hola querida amiga Melisa. como siempre encantando con tus bellos diseños. este como los anteriores es adorable y ya me pongo en el. mas tarde te envío mi foto para que veas mi progreso. Una vez mas gracias corazón por regalarnos tantas bellezas. Soy feliz de bordar en tu compañía. un abrazo tu amiga y fiel seguidora
    Dianet del blog Parchesdeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, dear Dianet. Thank you so much for the sweetest visit and compliment. I am so grateful that you are stitching along with me and I hope you enjoy each and every stitch. Have a blessed and lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing, this SAL is too nice to pass. I am not usually a spring person but who can resist these little beauties....lets hope I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw I am so honored that you going to join me in this SAL, dear. I sure hope you enjoy it. I have truly enjoyed sharing each of these humble stamps. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  9. Love this embrodery, Melisa!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, dear Isabel. You are always so kind and supportive. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. That front bluebird looks like he's ready to throw himself out and fly away! More bluebird facts I didn't know. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it was fun to try to give them a little personality. I am having a ball working on these little birdies. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Susan

      Delete
  11. Such sweet babies! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Ginny. These were fun little birdies to work on. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. This is so sweet Melisa! I seem to have lost my blue threads and need to have a good old search before I can continue. 😟 Good to read all the tips on how to save and print your patterns. Thank you for sharing. 🙂👍🙋‍♀️❤️❤️ Hugs, Barbara xx The babies do look ready to fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Barbara. I have the tendency to misplace my thread as well. Usually I find it entangled in my clothes or nearby . Lol. I hope you relocated yours very soon. I guess that is one of the mishaps of being a stitcher. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Hi Melisa oh what a cute design ,I love the little birdie ,thankyou for sharing ,hope you have a lovely day 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much , Shez for the sweet visit and kind words. I am having a wonderful time working on these little stamps. I hope you have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  14. This image of the nest and the little blue bird pups is very maternal!
    Kisses from Spain, Melisa!
    Pilarín
    (http://pilarpalamos.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Pilarin. I was so pleased how the baby birds came out . I have been watching a Mama bird outside my doorway each day waiting for the sounds of baby birds. Hopefully her eggs will hatch soon. Hugs

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies