Blog Archive

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Little Blue Birdie- Thursday Embroidery

It's another beautiful day! Welcome , my friends.


 I am a Happy Camper!
" Why?" you ask.  Mr. Pinker and I are going on our first camping trip of the year. - Just a weekend trip but eeeh! It is still a nice getaway. 

Yesterday was such a relaxing day. Lots of weeds were pulled from the gardens, and then the rest of the afternoon was spent stitching.  In just a few hours, I stitched and  finished this darling freebie  called "Love"  from Stitchy McFloss and  which is available on her blog in the Feb. 9, 2022 post. I'm thinking this stitch will have to stay out with my strawberry displays come springtime. 


Today is my embroidery day! And I have a new quilt that I am working on. 



It is called Summer Days. Can you tell I am dreaming of warm weather?


The first block is called "Little Blue Birdie" . 


This is a work in progress like my Frosty McChill quilt was.  I am dreaming of bee skeps, baskets of flowers, mason jars, sheep, berries and gardening in the future blocks.  Maybe 12 blocks. You know I am a fly by the seat of  pants kinda gal, but I have cut out that many blocks so far. 


The unfinished size of my quilt block is  6 1/2 inches - finished size  will be 6 inches. 

I have already started pulling fabrics . I am thinking scrappy sashing, but I haven't settled on that yet. 



A new block is fixing to be put in the hoop. I hope to have it completed next week. 


If you would like to join in  or create your own little project , I would be tickled pink. Since this is my "Thursday" project. I will be posting new blocks on Thursday. 

Click here for doodle. 




Other than my embroidery work, I have one more project to work on today before we hit the road - the grandbaby's Valentine box for school. One has been completed.  A happy little  marshmallow head at the request of my youngest grandbaby. A Pokemon box will be made next. 



Thank you , my sweeties for the Thursday visit. Wishing you the most blessed day. 


Keep those needles on fire and stay beautiful, my friends. As always...

Happy stitching and quilting, ya'll,
Melisa 
Spread your wings and let your spirit soar. 
HUGS and STITCHES!!!

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 
Life in the Scrapatch for  Stitch, Sew & Show
Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers




Dedicated to my sweet sis, Amy. Wish you was still with me. Love ya, Amo!



23 comments:

  1. I love your little bluebirds - they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Liz. I am excited to start a new embroidery project. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. Look forward to your posts everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah Carol. I can not tell you how much that means to me. I so appreciate your kind words and your sweet visits. I has been a joy to share and meet so many kindred spirits. I hope you have a blessed weekend. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. Have fun camping! I'm sure there will be some resale shop/antique shop browsing and more handwork embroidery, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gretchen. I am looking forward to it. It is always relaxing and I love searching for thrifty finds. Have a great weekend. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Sweet bluebird! Enjoy your first camping trip of the year, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. I am definitely excited. The first day has been a warm one which is so nice. Lots of relaxation and stitching time on the lake . Lol. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  5. Your little blue birdie is adorable. All your patterns are lovely and you are so generous to share your patterns with others. I have many of them saved hoping to stitch them in the future. Thanks for sharing in my linky party fun ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Pat. You are so kind. I love visiting your blog. It is always a happy place and you have the sweetest projects going on. I always leave feeling inspired. Have a wonderful weekend, my dear.

      Delete
  6. So love your sweet little birdie. This is going to be a lovely quilt (as are all your quilts). I look forward to seeing all the new blocks. Ohhh camping. Have fun and bundle up! Thank you for sharing my post on your blog. I love how you finished it. Just perfect. Thank you also for all the lovely patterns you share with all of us. You are a blessing. Wishing you a day full of many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear. I am so excited to start another quillt project . I enjoyed stitching your Love design so much and is a perfect addition to my Valentine decor and future dough bowl display.Thank you for sharing your talents and your darling design. You made my day a great one. Have a wonderful weekend, my dear. Big hugs.

      Delete
  7. Have a wonderful weekend camping trip. We have about a week to go on our 3 week caravan trip away, having a great time. Your new sew along project looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jenny. I am looking forward to this camping trip. Hubby will be fishing and I will relax at the camp. I look forward to hearing all about your next trip and seeing all of the lovely photos. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. Your grand baby’s Valentine box request made me smile! It sounds like she has some of Grandma’s creativity and originality. Thank you for yet another sweet post. The salt pepper shakers made me lol and then tear up a little for your sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Maureen. Lol my oldest grandbaby loves to craft, - paint and draw. The little one not so much , but it is always a joy to see their creativity. Oh thank you so much about my sweet sis. She was always getting me the salt and pepper shakers since she knew that I loved them so much. I keep a lot of them out on my hutch. She had a good eye for antiques as well. It is not the same going thrifting without her. She liked the thrill of the hunt for a thrifty deal as much as I do . Wishing you a blessed weekend and big hugs.

      Delete
  9. Your new little Valentine's finish is darling, Melisa! I admire you for being able to sew a heart shape on your sewing machine... I just made three little gingham hearts and, oh, they were difficult! I think I should have started with larger hearts for practice :) Your little bird is darling--such a cute expression. Happy camping ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Carol. I understand your frustration in sewing hearts, Carol. It is always a hit or a miss with me. I usually draw the heart on the back of the fabric and stitch on the line. That inside curve always gets me, but I was happy how this little heart turned out. As I was stitching "Love" I immediately knew what I wanted to do. It is always fun to have a finishing idea before your finished stitching it. Lol. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Melissa, cute little bird, I am going to save these for now. I am currently doing the dailies from Crabapple Hill Studio for Embroidery Month, little bird houses, so cute. (The individual embroidery instructions are posted on Insgram or her Facebook group, the patterns at her website.) Jealous that you have your garden weeded already, but mine is coming along and will finish the prep this weekend. Have the most wonderful time camping, it is good to get out into nature and relax. Hugs to you from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi , Mary. I hope you have had a great day. I have the Crabapple Hill Studio's printed and ready to go. I need to get started . I agree they are so darling. I would love to hear how you are going to finish yours . I hope this weekend will be good weather for you and you can get all caught up with the weeding. Warmer weather will be here in no time. Fingers crossed.Have a very lovely and productive weekend, my dear. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Hola amiga Melissa
    como siempre me quedo enamorada con tus labores. agradezco tus regalos y sigo visitandote. un abrazo tu amiga cubana
    Dianet de Parchesdeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are the sweetest, Dianet. I hope you have had the most lovely day. Thank you so much for the making my day with the sweetest compliment and visit. I truly appreciate it. I hope you are able to get in a lot of stitching this weekend.Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for a new series. Love the bird!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday