Blog Archive

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Spring Stamp Collection SAL Introduction

๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ Good afternoon, ya'll  and welcome!



A little birdie told me that it was time for another stitch along.  ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ



 I have had my head in   the clouds, dreaming of another stitch along for some time.

                   ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ

  Last fall I shared my Autumn Stamp Collection in a fast and furious several day stitch along. 

It was soooo much fun - at least for me it was. ๐Ÿ˜Š I was over the moon to see so many of you stitch along with me, and I loved seeing the colors changes and the different layouts and finishes.  Eventually , I would like a stamp collection for all of the seasons. 

                      ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ

Any whoo. This week I have been working my fingers to the bone stitching and preparing for a new SAL- A SPRING STAMP SAL . 

 There will be 9 stamps and they all revolve around one of my favorite characters that I have created and that is my little bluebird.  Ya'll my remember her in the Spring Stamp that I shared last year. Well her adventures continue in this SAL . 

Would you like to see a sneaky peek? 

The design is the same as the Autumn Stamp Collection in respect to the borders and header- 107 x 132.  Stitched on 14 count aida , all of the stamps along with the header will fit perfectly in an 8" x 10 " frame.  If you stitch the stamps individually , the design size is 35 x 35 which on 14 count aida would bring the size to about 2 1/2" squared. 

I will be stitching my borders in DMC 815 because I mostly decorate in reds in my living room. Please feel free to change the colors to whatever strikes your fancy. 

Below is a list of the DMC FLOSS COLORS that  I will be using for the whole project . 

DMC- 815, 898, 3371, 610, white, 930, 931, 355, 356, 3345, 3346,  782,  223, 3740, 301, 646

Last fall I shared a stamp each day for 10 days. Well it's ball season, so you can imagine this gal will be spending most evenings at the baseball field watching my little grandkiddos  playing ball. So I thought I would spread the SAL over a number of days. 

Below is a schedule: 

STAMP RELEASE SCHEDULE : 

INTRODUCTION-   April 1st

BORDER & HEADER-  April 3rd

STAMP 1 April 7th

STAMP 2-April  8th

STAMP 3- April 10th

STAMP 4-April  12th

STAMP 5- April 14th

STAMP 6 -April 15th

STAMP 7- April 17th

STAMP 8 -April- 19th

STAMP 9 -April 21st

FINAL REVEAL (FFOd) -  April 22nd

So what do you think? Does it sound like fun?  

Please  use #springstampsal and #pinkernpunkinquilting   so I can follow along or you can direct message or email me so I do not miss your stitch.  Let me apologize beforehand if it takes me a few days to reply. 

Now let me forewarn you,  this ramblin' gal just may  at times  pop in with a 2nd post on certain days with a bit of this and that including sharing quilting, thrifting and other stitching.  I hope you do not mind. 

If you missed this morning's post, I posted April's Doodle and Hippety Hop A Spring Freebie, so you might want to pop over to that post for a visit before you leave. 

Well ya'll. I think I have rambled on long enough. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.   I hope you evening is filled with blessings and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Blossom by blossom the spring begins. - Algernon Charles Swineburne

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

     Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday


44 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much , dear Isabel. I hope you are having a very lovely day . Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! Thank you! Its something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I am so excited to share them. It gives me something to look forward to as well. Have a beautiful week.

      Delete
  3. How fun!! I did my last one vertically and I may do this one that way as well. I look forward to seeing what you post each day Melisa. Thanks again for your generous stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you did your vertically, Arlene. I think that is a marvelous idea and it would be great to display it in a narrow place. I hope you enjoy the new spring stamps.

      Delete
  4. I have caught up reading and admiring all of your posts from March 26th. You're a busy girl and so creative. Beatrice Bunny is adorable!! Your Wednesday Farm is wonderful, especially the greening of the land. The Bees are back, hoping that you get loads of new ones to stay and produce honey, nothing is as good as honey from your own hives. The Summer Days Quilt is wonderful and the wind pictures make it look a little like stained glass windows. I can't wait until iit is finished!! Yes!! I am all for the Spring Stamp Sal, thank you so much for inviting all of us along with you and the journey!! Easter is almost here, enjoy all that comes with this time of year! Sending you so much love and many hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Mary. This past week was very productive I love it when I have good weeks like that. Fingers crossed this week will be just as productive. I think the warm weather has me inspired. I hope the weather is good in your area and you are enjoying a bit of sunshine and spring weather. Hugs and blessings and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like so much fun I can't wait to start. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , dear. I sure hope that you like the new stamps. I have been having a ball working on them. Have a blessed day and happy stitching.

      Delete
  6. I’ve never done SAL so I would like to try๐Ÿ˜ƒ and I love birds ๐Ÿ’• thank you making this possible. I love making little pillows๐Ÿฅฐ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy it. These are very quick stitches and I am sure you will have them whipped up in no time. I think pillow finishes are my favorite because you can tuck them anywhere. Have a great week and thank you so much.

      Delete
  7. Hi Melisa, I certainly enjoyed stitching Autumn and I love the look of this SAL too! My living room has your border colour too. I will join in if I can find everything in my stash! I love visiting here most days and can’t wait to see your latest patterns. Love your latest bunnies too.
    Hugs and kisses, Barbara (TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.com) ๐Ÿ˜˜xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun , Barbara. I sure hope you join in and feel free to change the colors to whatever strikes your fancy. I have been enjoying working on this little piece especially as the weather has been warming. Have a beautiful day , my friend. Hugs and love.

      Delete
  8. Good Morning! I am so happy that there's a Spring SAL - I loved the Autumn one! Thank you so very much for thinking of us and providing this! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy April, Donna. I sure hope you like the new spring stamps. I have been enjoying every stitch so far. I hope to eventually have a stamp collection for all the seasons. I wish you a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. How exciting and fun that you are going to offer a Spring Stamp SAL, Melisa! I know am I going to collect the parts. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I hope you like each of the stamps as much as I have enjoyed creating them. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Woohoo, I am so excited. Your sneak peek looks stinkin adorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy April, dear Patti. I am so excited that you like the sneak peek so far. I hope you enjoy all of the stamps. It has been fun working on these stamps with all of the birdies.

      Delete
  11. This will be so much fun! Thank you, Melisa, for another what-I-know-will-be-a beautiful stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Ginny. I sure am excited to share it. I hope you enjoy each and every stamp as the days warm. Happy April

      Delete
  12. Trรจs jolie ta broderie en SAL ,j'ai hรขte de voir la suite !
    Merci Melisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much Monique for the kind words and sweet visit. I am very excited about the SAL and I hope that you enjoy these new stitches.

      Delete
  13. Ooooh. This SAL sounds fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh! I hope you enjoy these humble spring stamps, dear. Happy stitching. !!!

      Delete
  14. Oh my! What a wonderful SAL! I will try my best, I was sorry that I came to know your blog a little late in the fall one, but I have to do this one, even though I may leave other things pending, lol. Thank you Melisa!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, ,Diana. These are real quick stitches so I bet you will whip them up and be back to your other lovely projects in no time. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. I don't know how I missed this post, Melisa! I'm very excited about this SAL. Spring is my favorite season so this is right up my alley. Time to get my act together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so honored that you will be joining in , Darlene. I think it will be loads of fun and these stitch up quickly. Have a great week, my friend. I can not wait to see your progress. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Hola bella Melissa amiga. Que hermoso proyecto tienes entre manos!!! Estarรฉ MUY FELIX de acompaรฑarte en esta puntada SAL. . Ya estoy lista para empezar!!! Mil gracias y mi cariรฑo de siempre de tu amiga cubana y fiel seguidora
    Dianet de Parchesdeamor
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, dear Dianet. I am so excited that you are going to be stitching along with me You certainly brightened my day. Sending hugs and love. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  17. I am so grateful that you are joining in, Cil. These stamps stitch up quickly. I have been infatuated with the Eastern Bluebird for some time. They are usually one of the 1st birds that I see come springtime. I hope you like these little stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melissa- I love this. I’m having a hard time finding where I can download the pattern. Usually you have a click here to print, I did not see it. Can you advise please. I would love to stitch mine in little pillows. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry a few months ago Google did an update to where I am not able to do the downloads as easily. Now I have to enlarge and post the image. Most stitchers grab the image and save it and then print it. I usually grab and drag the image to a document and then print it from there. I wish I was more tech savy where I could create the downloads again or give you better advise. The borders are just like the Autumn SAL which is still downloadable. I hope this helps a tad. Have a very lovely day and again I apologize.

      Delete
  19. Oooohhh, this sounds like a ton of fun. I'll try to join. We are supposed to close on our new house April 5th and will be making a couple of trips back and forth to Florida to move our possessions to North Carolina. I'll do my best to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting, Jeanna. You are going to be very busy getting your new home ready; I am so honored that you will be including this little stitch on your down time. I wish you the best in your move and safe travels back and forth to FL and NC. Hugs.

      Delete
  20. Oh, this looks like fun! Since I can't be out gardening yet, I might have time to keep up, so I'm gonna rush right down to my cross-stitch supplies and see if I have what I'll need to join in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh! I am so excited that you are going to join in, Kim. I hope you enjoy the new spring stamps . I have been enjoying creating and stitching them and can not wait to share them. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  21. It will be fun to watch it revealed. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susan. I am excited to share the stamps and I sure do appreciate you following my progress and cheering me on. That means so much. Hugs.

      Delete
  22. What a beautiful stitching project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind and thank you so much for stopping by to visit me. I truly appreciate it Have a blessed week and happy stitching, dear.

      Delete
  23. I just found your blog from Arttie from The Vintage Stitcher on Youtube! I am thrilled as I am always looking to follow more blogs. I LOVE your Spring stamp stiching project! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies