Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

A Tale , A Trip and Some Embroidery

Hello there Sunshine!!!!  And  Happy Wednesday, ya'll.

 It is raining cats and dogs here in the holler. But yesterday was a sunny day and Mr. Pinker and I  hit the road on a day trip to the Mennonite community which is a county over from us.  

The night before  as Mr. Pinker was heading to bed, I said "Hey, I have an idea. Let's go buy some plants for the garden tomorrow! " 

"That's sounds like a great idea, " said Mr. Pinker as he headed off to bed. 

Early yesterday morning, I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to go. Mr. Pinker cleaned out the back of the truck and soon we were on our way. 

As we made our way down the winding roads, my heart began to thump as I saw the little white sign. "There it is! There it is!" I exclaimed with glee!!!  Imagine me jumping up and down in my seat for I was!

Mr. Pinker turned his head in every direction. "Where? What?  The greenhouse?" he asked in confusion as he began to brake. 

"No , Silly !!!! The quilt shop!!!!" I exclaimed. 

"I  just knew you would want to stop here, said Mr. Pinker sweetly as he began to slow down and turn into the driveway. 

"Oooh I hope they are open, " I said to no one in particular as I remembered our last visit - they were closed then. And to my delight they were open. 

"I'll wait in the truck, " said Mr. Pinker. 

" Why?", I asked " Don't you want to come in and  buy  all kinds of pretty fabrics with me? " 

 "I'll let you take care of that, " said Mr. Pinker with a smile and then he slipped me a little moolah for my quilting acquisition pleasures. 

As I closed the door and sprinted to the quilt shop, I could hear him faintly say , "Bring back the change"

I almost turned around, but I played dumb and acted like I didn't hear him. Lol. πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒ"What change ", I thought as I snickered . 

 When I opened the door, I was delighted by the most beautiful  bolts of fabrics stacked on long tables. I made my way along all of the tables and then settled on my selection of fabrics.  



 I have to confess I could have spent the whole day there admiring the pretty fabrics and pieced quilts, but I remembered that Mr. Pinker was sitting in the truck admiring the horses on the farm. 


Sooo I  was good and just bought a few pieces of fabric and soon was on my merry way with the biggest smile on my face. 

Mr. Pinker had waited patiently in the truck for me . I opened up the door with my small bag of fabric and plopped into the seat.  His eyes were as wide as saucer when I handed back his moolah. "I just got a few pieces of fabric,"  I said feeling quite proud.  

"What?! I can not believe that! I thought you would be in there for hours. "  Mr. Pinker said smiling. 

"Well, I can go back in," I joked.

And then all of sudden Mr. Pinker said "There it is ! There it is! The greenhouse!!!"  He started up the truck, spun up the gravels  and down the road we went . πŸ˜‚πŸ˜²

  "Whew" I heard him mumble "I adverted that". 

I just smiled  and rolled my eyes .Little did he know that I had a Goodwill trip planned for him a little later. 😊😜  

Any whoo off we went in search for plants.  

We went to two greenhouses where we found plants for my sister's garden.  I didn't go hog wild on buying plants either - just tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. 

A long line of laundry 

The farms are always so lovely to look at . 

Rows and rows of cabbage

No children were at the school. Do you see the school bell near the roof?  I have an affection for schoolhouses. 

Later in the day, Mr. Pinker and I made our way to the ball field and there I caught up on the free Spring  Mystery SAL  hosted by Joy at Days Filled with Joy   

Are those rubber boots not the cutest? 

Joy has such a generous heart. She is sharing a small motif for five weeks in this stitch along. Below are the links to the portions she has shared so far. 


Eeeh! Friday she will be sharing Week 3's  motif. Hmmm! I wonder what will be in the next block? 
Have a beautiful day , my sweeties!!!

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine. - Eeyore

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

30 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day out, the fabrics were very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day, Gretchen. I like little road trips like that ; it gives me a chance to refresh and the fabric was a bonus. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. This far away quilter would love to visit the Mennonite community some day, not very likely though, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish you could, Jenny. I think you would enjoy it so much. The farms and people are always so lovely and I always enjoy the homemade items and homegrown fruits and veggies. . Have a great weekend, my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. My favorite kind of outing, quilts and plants! Only thing to make it even better, thrifing!!! Love your new fabrics and the plants will be enjoyed by all, I am sure. Have a wonderful sweet day. Sending you warm hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a wonderful day out and about, Mary. I was so thrilled that the quilt shop was open and it is always a joy to go to the greenhouses. Hugs and blessings, my dear friend.

      Delete
  4. So funny! I was in Ohio Amish/Mennonite country last Friday, buying my own set of fabric! You picked some beauties, but I didn't see the thrift store yet! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love going to the fabric shops in the Amish / Mennonite communities. Ours had pieced tops and quilts to admire as well. Lol there were slim pickins at the thrift shop. I guess sometimes that happens. Maybe next week. Hee Hee! Have a great weekend, dear Susan.

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a fun trip, I could stand and look at fabrics forever. There are so many beautiful things that you can use to create wonderful things.
    Your rubber boots are really cute.
    Have a good time,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Martina, it was a great trip. I could have stayed in the shop for hours ,but I know I not dare. I hope to make another trip back to it perhaps in the summer. Have a fabulous weekend and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  6. It was a very productive walk.
    I really liked the photos you shared
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful time , Isabel. It is always a delight to visit this lovely community. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a day my husband and I would have had. He was so good about letting me enjoy any quilt shop we came across. He encouraged me to buy what I wanted. I usually spent more money when he was with me! Lol!
    Melba B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah how sweet that you and your dear hubby enjoyed outings like this. It is so nice to have a supporting hubby that is for sure. Thank you for the sweet visit, Melba . I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Buenos dias bella amiga melissa. No imaghinas lo que me divierte leer tus historias!!!! la verdad hasta la imagino y el SR Pinker es un Santo!!!!!! si fuera el mio que NO tiene paciencia o mas bien poca NO se yo si hubiera recistido esperar tanto jajjaja Lo importante es disfrutar de loq ue a una le gusta y eso es lo que hace realmente feliz a nuestras parejas e igual al revez!!!
    Deseo y espero disfrutes muchisimo de tus nuevas y bellas telas y que nos traigas muchos mas proyectos para realizar! jajaj.
    No hay nada como la vida en el campo rodeada de naturaleza !!
    HAre tambien este bello SAl que hace muchisimo qu eno hago de este tipo y me pregunto............... sera que algun dia podre poner en marcha mis proyectos de costuras????? Creo que NO mientras te siga visitando y tu amiga Melisa me sigas enamorando co tus puntadas estoy perdida!!!! jajja
    un abrazo enorme de tu amiga y fiel seguidora cubana en PanamΓ‘

    Dianet de Parchesdeamor

    Dianet de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you always bring the biggest smile to my day, dear Dianet. Oh yes, Mr .Pinker is very patient and enjoys his outings with me. I feel very fortunate . It was a very lovely day to be out and about and enjoy the sights . The farms are always so pretty. I am so honored that stopped by to visit me. I look forward to catching up with all of your pretties on IG . I know you have been busy. Have a blessed weekend. Love and Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a pretty nice day. I always love seeing the horses, too. I can almost see the dust flying up as he spun out there as quick as he could! Too, cute. Wishing you a day full of many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a wonderful day. Lol. Mr. Pinker said he enjoyed sitting in the truck watching the horses while I was in the quilt shop and he did a pretty good job at taking photos too. Lol. Later we went to the general store which he really enjoyed. Thank you for the sweet visit, my friend. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  10. What a fun day spending it with your fella. Garden plants and fabric. Sounds grand! Pretty additions to the stash. And to finish up with a nice shot of Heart the calf. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a ball getting out and about, Ginny. It is nice to take a day trip every now and then. I did not realize the calf had a heart on its forehead until I got home. It is so cute!! And her mama was just as adorable. She came towards me like she was expecting a treat. Lol. Have a beautiful day, my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. What a lovely day you and your husband enjoyed. I miss days like that with my sweet husband . Great memories. Such pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah sending you big hugs, Darlene. I am sure you look back on your outings with your dear hubby with great fondness . We had a great day together ; it is a lovely community to visit. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  12. quel plaisir de venir passer un moment sur votre blog!merci . Dany15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Dany and I am so very honored that you did drop by for a visit. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wish you the most blessed weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Lovely fabrics you came home with, Melisa! I totally enjoyed the pictures from your outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I needed fabric like a hole in the head LOL , but I know I will put it to good use. We had a great day out and about . Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. I enjoyed reading about your trip, I wish I had a store of fabrics like that near, the fabrics on the picture look so pretty! And then going yo the greenery, what a great day to have! It's going to rain a lot here Saturday and Sunday and I need to work on my garden but for once I will be happy to stay home and bake and try to finish a couple of projects.
    I hope you'll have a great weekend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful outing, Diana. It was so nice to visit the fabric shop as well; I do not have one near me . There were so many lovely bolts to admire . I hope you get some sunshine soon so you can enjoy the day out in the garden. I planted a few seeds today and I may do the same tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. What a lovely trip you had! Thanks for sharing the photos. So relaxing to see the country side. Loving your little SAL. Wouldn't it be fun if the next motif was a cow or a sheep? Thanks for sharing your project on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so wonderful to get out and about, Jennifer. The farms and community are so lovely. A cow or sheep would be darling! Two of my favorite farmyard animals. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies