Thursday, May 5, 2022

Summer Days Block 12- A Bowl of Tomatoes

Good morning, sweet friends. It is a beautiful Spring day. In fact, it is supposed to get up to 87 degrees today.

 The other day Mr. Pinker went to flip the switch to air on our central air and heat. All of a sudden we heard a RUMBLE and BUMBLE and then a CLICK and CLACK! 

"What  is all that racket?" I asked  .

 "Oh, no," Mr. Pinker  said with a sigh. "I think the Central air is going out."

 Mr. Pinker then made a bee line outside.  Meanwhile, I listened intently at  all of the ruckus hoping it was something else going on outside like 2 raccoons in a brawl  with a coyote or something like that . And all of  the while , I was ignoring the fact that no cool air was coming from the vent.  

A few minutes later , Mr. Pinker came back in with an exasperated look on his face. 

"What was it ? I asked excitedly . "Was it 2  crazed raccoons beating up a coyote????!!!!" 

 Mr. Pinker looked at me like I was plumb nuts. "What? What are you talking about ?" he asked." Nope it was nothing like that. It was our central air  unit going out. " 

Then Mr. Pinker pulled out his old trusty phone and made a call to  the good ole' Mr. Heating and Air  Man  and - no answer.πŸ¦—πŸ¦— So he left a message. And........ we are still sitting here .πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ¦— LOL 

Two days later ,  I asked , " Where is Mr. Air Man?"  

" I have called him 3 times and have left messages, "said Mr. Pinker. "OK, I will call someone else. "    So  Mr. Pinker  called 3 other companies, talked to the secretaries  and guess what ? πŸ¦—  Well no one has showed up.  Fingers crossed we will get a response soon . Lol. 

So today  I will be spending the majority of the day on the porch  for some good ole' porch stitching. Hopefully there will be a breeze.🌬 

            

And I just know I will be entertained by new birdies that have hatched out. 

On a good note-today is embroidery Thursday, and I have finished up the last of the Summer Days blocks. 

The last block is  a Bowl of Tomatoes. Summer is just not summer without fresh vine ripened tomatoes. I was telling Mr. Pinker just last night that I would love to have a nice BLT sandwich with fresh maters. Doesn't that sound yummy?

Click here for the doodle.

 I  believe I have decided how I am going to set my blocks. I am going to gather my fabrics today. As of right now, I am thinking reds and blues. I should have something completed by next Thursday. 

Last night I worked on a few teeny four patches. I will make a few more today. 

Well, that is what is going on in the quilt nest today. What fun projects are you working on? 
Thank you for stopping by for a visit and as always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

 If you have missed any of the previous blocks, check out the links below to go back to the previous posts for the jpgs. 

Previous blocks include:  Little Blue Birdie  ,Time to Plant  ,   A Bowl of Berries ,  A Basket of Blooms , Buzz Buzz  ,  Red , White, and Ewe , Summertime Treat  , Lemonade  , Sunflower Basket ,A Jar of Coneflowers  and Home Tweet Home 


There ain't nothing better in life than true love and homegrown tomatoes.

Hugs and Stitches!!! πŸ€—❤🧡

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy. I miss you more and more each day that passes. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Pat at  Life in  the Scrapatch for Stitch , Sew and Show- Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

27 comments:

  1. Oh no, hope your AC gets fixed soon. I've only had to use mine once so far here in Oklahoma. I heard noise outside my back door the other night and it was two big raccoons looking back at me. At least it wasn't the AC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Janet. This one has been a good one over 20 years old. Oh my I love raccoons. I just wish they were what was making the noise. Lol. Have a fabulous week, my dear.

      Delete
  2. That is going to be such an awesome quilt! Oh no about your AC. I hope someone calls and comes out soon. AC is a must! Until then, I think you might need to go into town and visit a few shops and enjoy their AC. Wishing you a lovely day and many blessings, too sweet friend. ((hugs)). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. Thankfully it cooled down for a few nights , but the temps are rising again. So we are going camping to escape the heat for few days. But oh shopping would be nice. Sending hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  3. How grown tomatoes smell divine, and taste wonderful too, nothing beats a lovely fresh tomatoe sandwich. How lovely to have that nest of birds to watch, guess they wont stay around too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree, Jenny. I am so ready for some fresh fruits and veggies. I told hubby last night I wanted a homemade BLT sandwich with fresh tomatoes. But I will have to wait on that.Lol. Have a great week, Jenny.

      Delete
  4. That's always my favorite lunch when we've grown a tomato - a BLT! Your embroidery designs are so cute - I've been printing them off, but haven't started any yet. Hope the AC gets fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a BLT in years, but an now craving them. I usually have mayo and tomato sandwiches during the summer and I love fried green tomatoes. Thank you for the sweet visit, Diann. Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. Your embroidered bowl of tomatoes is adorable, Melisa. I hope Mr. A/C man has either called or paid a visit to your home and you are having some cool air blowing. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. We finally got a response. It will be 2 weeks but soon we will be cool again. Lol .Have a fabulous week. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your bowl of tomatoes is just perfect for summer stitching, Melisa! I am not a tomato eater, but my husband more than makes up for that fact :) Sure hope your AC repairman comes through for you soon--I know it can get hot down your way (I say enviously as I look at our weekend forecast for the low 50s :( Happy Mother's Day to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Carol. I think tomatoes are one of those foods that you love or hate. I think I eat a tomato just about every day, but I can not wait for fresh ones. I hope your Mother's Day was a blessed one and you got to enjoy the grandbaby. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your little stitcheries are gorgeus Melisa. I hope you've got your air conditioner fixed. We are the opposite here. Yesterday and today are very cold as we are heading into winter. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Christine. I knew it was time for cooler weather in your area, but I was not sure how cold it gets. I hope you stay warm and cozy and find the perfect project to work on.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Penny. I am so excited that they are finished and am already dreaming of another embroidery project. Lol. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  9. Oh no!!! I understand about no air!! and right now all of the Air Guys are busy, busy!!!! I am thinking that I will do red, white and blue for this little quilt piece, I think that my grand-daughter needs it for her patio glider. Thank you for the cute patterns, and for giving us so many things to do with our time. I love all of them!! Have a good week end and stay as cool as you can~ Hugs and love to you from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Mary. And yes they are very busy and will get even busier as the days go on. Thankfully we finally have had some repairmen come by and we have decided on who to go with . Cool air will be blowing soon. Lol. I am so excited you are going to work on this for your granddaughter. That just warms my heart. Sending hugs and love

      Delete
  10. Hola amiga Melisa
    TambiΓ©n por aquΓ­ te sigo y deseo que el problema con tu aire ya este solucionado!. muy emocionante ver como tienes nuevos bebes en la familia pajaril jajjajja AMO a los animales y muy en especial a los pΓ‘jaros! todos me gustan pero en especial los cardinals. son realmente bellos y tengo la suerte de verlos a cada rato revoloteando por las calles.
    Como te comete estoy haciendo desde ayer uno de tus bellos bordados. que lastimosamente deberΓ© esperar a maΓ±ana para comprar hilo que me quede corta jajja pero amo todos tus diseΓ±os y las fotos pues tenemos los mismos gustos country!
    Me encantarΓ­a me visitaras tambiΓ©n cuando tengas un momento. Te dejo mi direcciΓ³n del blog por aquΓ­ por si te animas. Ojala y si.

    http://parchesdeamor.blogspot.com/

    Llevo un tiempo sin publicar lastimosamente pero estoy preparandome para abrir mi tienda en Etzy de bordado en fieltro y la verdad a penas con el trbajo, la cosmetica artesanal apenas tengo tiempo pero ahΓ­ voy con muchos deseos de hacerlo!
    Un abrazo y estarΓ© por aca tan pronto publiques algo nuevo.
    te aprecia tu amiga y fiel seguidora cubana
    Dianet de Parchesdeamor
    tan pronto publiques alguna belleza mas estarΓ© por aquΓ­ para verte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, sweet Dianet. I love birds too. The babies flew away just shortly after I posted the photo. It did not seem that they were here long at all, but I do have the cardinals to keep me entertained. I love all of the eye candy on your blog and yes we do have the same taste. Lol. I am so excited that you are starting up an etsy . I wish you much success and look forward to visiting you often. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Your Summer Days embroideries are divine! I love fresh tomatoes as well, and your block captures them perfectly! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Jennifer and thank you so much. I have truly enjoyed working on these blocks and look forward to finishing them up. Have a great week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  12. Such lovely embroidery blocks.Love home grown tomatoes but the darned ground squirrels love them more. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down and hopefully you find someone soon to fix the AC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear. Oh yes those squirrels and here we have ground hogs that so love the fruits and veggies. We finally found an AC guy so cool air will be blowing soon. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for great contenting share.. read more about
    Heat And Cool

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the tomato block. I'm sorry to see the end of this series, even though I'm just starting on the snowmen and can't do both at the same time, when I already have a Nursery Rhymes series going. And CQ, And quilts galore. But still.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour