Blog Archive

Friday, April 7, 2023

Spring Stamp SAL- Stamp 1 Spring Watering Can


Happy Friday, ya'll and welcome! Though the rain has set in for the day, it is still a beautiful spring day!

I am so excited to share the first stamp in the Spring Stamp Collection SAL!!! It is called "Spring Watering Can" 🐦🐦🐦

I am stitching my little birdie on 14 count tea/ coffee dyed aida. 

If you are interested in how I dye mine, just click here. I am sorta a messy dyer, but that is ok.  I do enjoy the process. 

You can tell how splotchy the fabric turned out here.  I did not put this fabric in the oven but let it dry on the line. 


Each stamp will have one or two butterflies  along with a bluebird. This little gal is ready to water some flowers. 


I did not stitch Spring Watering Can just once, but twice . My 2nd stitch was made into a darling pin cushion that I can put in a dough bowl. 

Originally , I was going to frame the stitch with 2 pretty spring fabrics, but in the end, I decided to just add some chenille trim. The trim is from Walmart. I just tea dyed it and took 2 strands, twisted them and then whip stitched them along the seam of the pin pillow. 



If you are interested in stitching along with me, place grab the image below.

Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts.  ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

TIP ON PRINTING THE CHART

* One of my dear stitching friends told me exactly how she was able to print the chart to the correct size. 

Using her phone she saved the image of the chart to her photo gallery and then emailed it to herself. From her computer or whatever device she was using she was able to then print the chart from her email and it came out without resizing it. It worked for her, maybe it would work for you if you are having trouble. 

* Another dear stitcher said she enlarged the chart on her browser and then took a screen shot of it and then printed it.  She also saved the screenshot to her photos on her iPad for reference. 

If you have any other tips, I would greatly appreciate it . Ya'll know I am not too tech savvy. I do well to have got this far. 😂😏



🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

 A FEW FACTS ABOUT THE BLUEBIRD

1. The oldest known Eastern Bluebird in the wild was 10 years 6 months old. 

2. In extreme cold weather, several birds will roost together to stay warm . 

3. The bluebird is mostly associated with fields , meadows, and open areas except during mating season when they search for nesting sites in wooded or suburban areas. 

4 . Bluebirds are insect and berry eaters. 

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

 Below is a schedule: 

STAMP RELEASE SCHEDULE : 

Introduction- April 1st

Border & Header - April 3rd

STAMP 1 April 7th

STAMP 2-April  8th

STAMP 3- April 10th

STAMP 4-April  12th

STAMP 5- April 14th

STAMP 6 -April 15th

STAMP 7- April 17th

STAMP 8 -April- 19th

STAMP 9 -April 21st

FINAL REVEAL (FFOd) -  April 22nd


Other LINKS that may interest you. 

TEA/ COFFEE DYEING 

Nesting Bluebird  Trifle which I used as my scissor fob

USING YARN AS A TRIM- I showed on my Snowman Crock how I apply twisted yarn as a trim. 

 Spring Stamp-  the original spring stamp

A Parade of Previous Easter / Spring stitches

PIN PILLOW FINISH TUTORIAL 

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦


In order to make it quicker for me to stitch a stamp .I  usually have several needles loaded and ready to go. 

PREP YOUR NEEDLES TO STITCH 

STAMP 2- This stamp will have the most colors 

DMC COLORS

610, white, 301, 356, 646,  782, 815, 898,  930, 931, 3345, 3346,  3371,  3740

HINT ABOUT STAMP 2

Can you guess what will be in Stamp 2? 

We dug all of the holes

And pulled out the weeds

We tore open the package 

And poured in the ____

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

Please  use #springstampsal and #pinkernpunkinquilting   so I can follow along or you can direct message or email me so I do not miss your stitch.  Let me apologize beforehand if it takes me a few days to reply. 


Alrighty ya'll, that's it for today. Stamp 2 will be posted tomorrow as long as the sun shines and the creek doesn't rise. So I sure hope you will stop back by. Thank you so  much for the sweet visit and 


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Life is better in the garden

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 

33 comments:

  1. Hi. Elisa gee that is the cutest little bird ,love your work,well done 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Shez. I am all into bluebirds right now. I am having a ball working on these little stitches. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Melisa sorry auto correct,ade it Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Haven't started yet - will probably have it ready for next spring! LOL! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you, Donna. It is here for whenever you want to start it. Have a great weekend, my friend. Hugs

      Delete
  4. What a darling first block! Love it, but then I do love bluebirds. Happy Friday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I have a thing for bluebirds as well. I hope you have had a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Brenda. This week has flown by. Lol. Thank you so much . I had a great time stitching this little bird. Happy Easter.

      Delete
  6. Happy Friday, Melisa 🙂 . I also save your patterns on my phone as a photo then email to my husband for printing . Works for me!
    Wishing you a blessed Easter weekend with your family 🐇🐣. Cindyls5462

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is great to hear how you save the patterns, Cindy. I sure do miss being able to post direct links to the charts, but I am so glad to hear that this works. I had never thought of using the phone which is a great idea. Have a wonderful and blessed Easter Hugs

      Delete
  7. I’m so excited to do this cute little bird and be apart of your SAL sweet group. When finished I will share with you on message right? Or do you have another place to share? You are a sweet blessing to me 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited that you are joining me too. I can not wait to see your stitch. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Hugs and blessings, my friend.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness I just saw the the hashtag share

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this little blue bird with its watering can ready to water the flowers in the garden. Precious!!
    Thank you so much, Melisa.

    Kisses from Spain,
    Pilarín

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear Pilarin. It was a fun little bird to work on. I hope you enjoy. Blessings and hugs,

      Delete
  10. Oh my! That is such a sweet and pretty stamp, I just love it, I am slow with the borders but I will get there somehow! Thank you Melisa!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, dear Diana . I hope your weekend is off to a lovely start. Thank you so much on my 1st stamp. I hope you enjoy it. Happy Easter and hugs

      Delete
  11. Querida Melisa muchas gracias desde Costa Rica 🇨🇷 gracias hiciste mi viernes muy feliz estoy tratando de volver al punt o de cruz y me animé con tu SAL 💕🐝🌸🎀🐞🦋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy each and every stamp, my dear and I am so happy to hear that you are getting back into the mood of stitching. Sometimes it is nice to take a break though. Happy Easter and have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Cute!! Thank you Melisa! I don't have any trouble printing. I click the pic and it opens in a new tab with all the pix lined up in a row, then I right click and tell it to open in a new tab so only the one image opens and then I print~ easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Sandie for the tip on how to print the chart. I tried it and it worked for me as well. Woo Hoo! Have a great weekend and Happy Easter

      Delete
  13. So sweet! Downloaded it and will be ready to stitch on my road trip! Stamp #2 has got to be "seeds"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh! Thank you so much, Susie. I hope you enjoy it. Safe travels and a very happy Easter. and Yah! You are right on stamp 2

      Delete
  14. I love seeing bluebirds in the spring!!! Happy Easter, Melisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do too, Nancy. For the last few years we have had a number of bluebirds visit our property. It is always a delight to see them. Happy Easter

      Delete
  15. Sweet first block for the SAL! To add to all of your other talents, you're a poet, too! I'm guessing seeds to fill in the blank. We are no where near to planting yet. Temps are still very chilly overnight and early in the day. BUT, we haven't had any snow flurries in a few days, so we 're gaining on it! Bluebirds are such happy little things! Thanks, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad to hear that the snow has subsided over the last few days and the weather is slowly improving. Hopefully the grass and trees will begin to green up very soon. Thank you so much, Ginny. Have a very happy Easter . Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Such a cute one! A garden for the bluebird. I like the addition of the butterflies, too. Thanks for the information on the bluebirds. We don't seem to have a lot here in TN, but I do get a ton of robins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susan. I have really been into butterflies along with bluebirds lately. We used to never see bluebirds here, but for the last few years a few have been visiting us which has been such a delight. I love robins too.

      Delete
  17. Love the stamps. So cute and quick stitch. Can you tell me about the dates you use in your stitching? Currently working on Amy Lou berry picker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I am so very honored that you are stitching Amy Lou the Berry Picker. She is a favorite of mine. The dates are usually a nod at a distant relative - usually their birthdate. I also name a lot of my houses after ancestors. I have seen many stitchers keep the dates or change them to a date that they want. I hope you enjoy Amy's stitch. Happy Easter

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday